What do you think Linkin Parks new album will be like..

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lpxerotheoryfan, Jul 21, 2008.

lpxerotheoryfan

lpxerotheoryfan Can you do it like this?

I'm still a bit new to these forums, so sorry if this has already been asked, or posted somewhere else. But what does everyone think?

I like their new stuff, but I'm hoping they'll bring their old style back. ^_^

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Hopefully nothing like Hybrid Theory, Meteora and Minutes To Midnight. :lol:

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

IDK, whatever they churn out is always awesome.
    I could go for a couple more big, epic long songs though.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

I doubt they'll go back to their old style. I just hope they'll have way more Electronic elements and more epic long songs as Harlz said.

Less ballads, 3 maximum (quality ballads). More screaming, although i'm not sure that'll happen.

I don't care all that much for more rapping but if there were to be rapping i prefer the old linkin park raps than Hands Held High/Fort Minor raps.

Oh and more solos please.

Well that's what i hope the new album will be like, not what i think it'll be. It's way to hard to know what it'll sound like, after minutes to midnight.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

That's one of the good things about them though.

They could do anything.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

I think something like Minutes To Midnght with a theme, and a little bit harder.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Hopefully it will be a little bit more focused, instead of them trying a load of different things again. I mean it's great to be eclectic but it'd probably be better to concentrate a little bit more on one area, instead of being decent at a load of different things without really being outstanding at a few of them.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I just need it to be Linkin Park; whatever that may entail, I know that it won't disappoint. :)

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I like the rawness/live sound that they had from Minutes to Midnight. One of the things that I didn't like about Meteora was Chesters voice was overlapped so many times that it doesn't really sound like what he sounds like. I would like to see more of the kind of rapping Mike has done recently, it's really really good. More screaming, more solo's, the works. And oh, Hahn's turntable action from the first two albums needs to return. That's one big thing that was missing from Minutes to Midnight.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I think it will be more like M2M with some HT elements such as more scratching and such. I also think it will actually have more rapping but not Nu Metal rap like Bleed it out but more of the Rap of some of the unofficial-b-side/demo rap/rock that Linkin Park did. It's going down, we made it, dedicated etc. I think it will be that kind of rap because it's unlike fort minor and it was never really on a previous LP album. I also think there will be more solos are more of mike on tracks be that singing, or keyboard. I hope they do a duet song though that would be kick ass. *end that rant*

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I think that with MTM, they were finding some new ground, and hopefully they've found something stabble now to work on. Personally, I'd hope for something a bit heavier, with fewer ballads (but with quality ballads like In Pieces). I really hope to see more electronic stuff in their music because in regards to MTM, Joe seems pretty obsolete and I want him to do some scratching and synthesizing hopefully.

The good thing about MTM was that the songs had a lot of range so it all sounded unique so I hope they keep that feel.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

A Joe instrumental would be good.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Im want it to expand on the harder songs on MTM and go from there.I want less songs slower songs.I want mikes rapping to come back,want Joe to scratch alot more, and Chester screaming more often...Not really the HT sound but in expansion of the harder songs of MTM

mmmmtastycookies

mmmmtastycookies Not black & white, only organized confusion

i think or would want at least, the new album to be an expansion off the sound of songs like "in pieces" or "valentines day" except including rapping in some way. lp is the only band of its kind in my honest opinion. and if there is any band that can really pull off a truly unique sound, it really is them. I feel as though alot of their unique style was lost in m2m, and i think they can create some really cool mixes in between the two styles of music they've now created.

seminsh

seminsh Member

4 songs - Rap Rock
    3 songs - Nu Metal and Alternative Metal
    2 songs - Alternative Rock
    2 songs - Ballads
    And last - Mr. Hahn special :)

trunkswd

trunkswd Well-Known Member

I want more heavy songs and fewer slower songs. The one thing I want to see more than anything is a song that shows Brad's skills as a guitarist.

No Ace Just You

No Ace Just You Well-Known Member

Meh, MTM grew on me loads, (as I hated it at first).

Personally, I'd like to see them try new things, but not lose touch of who they are as a band, that's all...

Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

I personally told Mike to put the hip-hop back in the next album, but he kind of just laughed. So basically, every song is gonna sound like "Leave Out All the Rest" and "Shadow of the Day"... just being as pessimistic as possible so I can be pleasantly surprised :)

EagleMorph

EagleMorph Well-Known Member

Take the elements from "Shadow of the Day", "Bleed it Out", "Hands Held High", and "The Little Things Give You Away" and use those throughout the next album.

Those four songs are the best on an excellent disc.

Roxas

Roxas Well-Known Member

More songs like their old ones, particularly songs like Papercut, Numb and From the Inside. I wouldn't want a whole album completely Shadow of the Day-ish and no Mike to be heard anywhere (except of course, playing the guitar).

Oh, and old logo back, please :/