Official Muse/The Resistance Thread

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by The_Cool_Cow, Mar 15, 2008.

The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

Yeah, I really think that this album might actually best Origin of Symmetry. They seem to be doing everything that I wanted them to do in an album, so im really excited.

The_Cool_Cow

Some new news about Muse has been released. First off, a song by the band will be featured on the Twilight movie soundtrack. Im hoping for a new song, though that's a long shot.

In a Rolling Stone interview, some information was released about the new album:

Okay, im really excited about Flood. They're probably going to produce it themselves, but if were going to choose a producer, Flood was who I wanted it to be.

A recent interview for an Irish magazine revealed some more information on the next albums sound:

Sounds good to me. Im getting really excited about this new album, it sounds like it will be sort of a cross between Origin Of Symmetry and BHaR.

lachina128

lachina128 Well-Known Member

A big part of me hopes that they will be able to best Origin of Symmetry because imo it's one of the best albums I've ever heard and one of my favorites. The mix between glam rock and early U2 stuff mixed with Matt Belamy's conspiracy theory lyrics sounds oddly appealling to me. So I definitely can't wait to hear more news about their new stuff.

The_Cool_Cow

Wow, really sorry for not updating this in a while. I just kind of got caught up with school (and anticipation for Day & Age), but here are the updates that have come out so far.

First off, Out Of This World: The Story Of Muse has been released. It is a book about the band, and apparently is quite good. I have yet to read it, but I may pick it up soon.

Now, in actual album news, Muse reported that the record will not be coming out any time soon in this article:

Worry not, however, for Musewire has come to the rescue! Dom recently posted this on the bands twitter page:

So, apparently they are recording! And in Devon! So, hooray for that! Also, you can download a video of the Royal Albert Hall performance of Fury on the official website (muse.mu). Apparently they are releasing a DVD of the RAH performance, the proceeds of which will be going to charity. I forget, but I believe that it will be download only, and by donation.

Anyway, that is pretty much all of the news that you have missed out on, aside from maybe a few new shirts being released in the bands merch store.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Matt Bellamy can do no wrong.

The_Cool_Cow

Agreed, though Invincible was pretty meh.

By the way, wheres Louis? I would of thought he would be excited by this:lol:.

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I liked Black Holes a lot more than Absolution even if it did have 1 or 2 'meh' songs.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Invincible was one of my favorite songs from BHAR, haha. The solo is just awesome, especially live.

The_Cool_Cow

^^ Yeah, the solo is pretty awesome. Best part of the song, imo. I've also heard that it's good live, I think it would sound pretty spacey, which is good. However, I think that Glorious should have been put there instead.

The_Cool_Cow

Okay, im not really sure is this is really "news", but its something.

I little bit ago (as in, a few hours), Muse fansite Muselive posted this message:

So, this could easily be nothing (as in the admins are drunk), or something stupid like the site is getting a new layout/skin. However, Muselive is like the LPA of Muse, so it might be a demo, or old recording, or, seeing as how a lot of bands are doing this now, it could even be a new single/album announcment. Granted, the last one is really unlikely, but you never know. Ill keep this thread updated if anything comes up.

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

It'll probably be the equivalent of the Plaster stunt they pulled here. :p

The_Cool_Cow

^^ Well, I demo could be cool, especially if it was from one of the BHaR songs, as apparently they used to be a lot more orchestral then they were on the album.

Anyway, so I think that its just a new skin, as you can find the new Muselive skin beta here: skintest.muselive.com. Its much better then the current skin (www.muselive.com), so its pretty cool.

However, people are still speculating as to what the announcement is, so maybe thats been around for a while. Again, ill keep this updated as news comes.

The_Cool_Cow

Still no news on the "somethings coming" thing, though admins have said that it wont come today. Probably a new skin.

However, there is some exciting news. I fan recently met up with Matt and asked him some questions, and apparently the album will be finished recording by the end of this year. Yes, the end of THIS YEAR. And she has pictures to prove that she was there with him, so im inclined to believe here. Woot!

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

HELL YES.

So maybe we're looking at a early Spring release date?

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I'm here!

And I'm freaking excited.

The_Cool_Cow

^^ Cool. You're usually the first one to respond to these Muse-related things, so I was wondering what was going on:lol:.

Anyway, yeah really excited. This, plus whatever's going on at Muselive means that this will be a cool week in muse-related news. And yeah, im thinking early spring release as well. I mean, they've been writing for the better part of this year, and they must have written during the BHaR touring process, so they should have a good amount of songs to draw from.

The_Cool_Cow

Okay, lots of new news. Dom's been updating his blog a little bit, and as such we've gotten these pieces of information:

He also posted this:

So, some new news on the album. Its sounding great so far, very epic. Im excited.

Something else is happening, though. A Q&A with the band! If you have an account on the muse.mu forum, you can submit one question to the band, and vote for one of the other questions sent in. Im excited to see what will come of this.

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Awesome news.

And the Q&A session was the surprise the fansites were building up?

The_Cool_Cow

I dont think so, they didnt say that it was, and the Q&A is on the muse.mu website, not Muselive.com where the hype started. Also, I dont think they would have started the build up that early.

The_Cool_Cow

Okay, so the Q&A has begun! The questions have been chosen, and the band has started answering them. Im not sure how long it will take for them to answer all the questions, but still, they've started.

Here are the answers we have so far:

Q: When the new album will be ready approximately?

A: It would be nice to have the album out in the second half of next year but we have not set ourselves any targets. It is more important for us to make the best album we have made to date and if that means it comes out in 2010 then we don’t mind. Hopefully it will be sooner though. Chris.

Q: Which song was the longest or the hardest to compose?

A: There is a new song in 3 parts, more of a symphony than a song which I have been working on sporadically for many years. As a large percentage of the composition is orchestral I have never wanted to collaborate with a string arranger as they may make it 'theirs'. So I have been arranging the orchestral elements myself which is taking a long time due to my inexperience with large scale scoring. It should hopefully make the next album as the final 3 tracks. Matt.

Q: Was the Time is Running Out 'dance' back to the microphone that Matt did (in perfect time!) at Glastonbury prepared or spur of the moment???!

A: It was spur of the moment due to a shiny stage surface and some shoes I had on which had no grip. When I first ran on stage I realised I was sliding all over the place and was worried I would slip over, so ended up using it to do some cheap Michael Jackson moves. Matt.

So, the last one doesnt really say anything, but the first two do. I'm disappointed that the album might not be out next year, but that 3 part song sounds amazing.

You can view the questions (and the answers, when they come out) here:

http://board.muse.mu/forumdisplay.php?f=42