Linkin Park To Record a Concept Album; Chester Talks Solo Project

Discussion in 'News' started by Andrea, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

What he said.

I mean seriously, what kind of fans would we be if we just happily ate everything they sent at us? We'd be yuppies. I mean, I'll be honest, I haven't actually listened to a full LP album in what? A year maybe?

One of the reasons I still go to this forum is because it isn't completely LP-oriented. The Random Chat and Other Music sections have a life of their own, and that's usually what keeps me coming back.

The majority of us joined almost 4 years ago. Tastes change. Hell, I know some people who don't even LISTEN to LP anymore and they still come here.

Oh and KingSimba, it's not bashing, it's predicting. It is also known as an opinion. We're allowed to have opinions, right?

Roxas

Roxas Well-Known Member

Yeah, sure, but I get slightly offended when someone says something like that. Sorry.

palingenesis

palingenesis Well-Known Member

so by concept they want to tell a story over the course of an album? like coheed or mars volta?

what i dont get is what kind of sound they are trying reach. from the comment it could sound like anything.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

If you're offended over someone thinking the next LP CD could go poorly, you need a bit of perspective.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

In all honesty, not everyone here has a boner for everything Linkin Park does anymore.

Paperku7

Paperku7 Banned

What kind of fan are you!

I make it a point to listen to Meteora and Re-Animation without skipping a song every now and then.
    :blush:

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Oh boy. Here we go :lol: I havent even listened to a full song in a few months.

Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

Try since MTM was released.

*fans the flames* :lol:

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I'm an intelligent one to say the least.

I think LP would much rather have fans who have unique tastes in music and have critiques in what they do than mindless fans who gobble up everything they do without question.

I'm sorry if I'm not a perfect fan to you. I guess I should be stripped of my 'VIP' and 'Supermember' status.

The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

In the past year, I think the only LP song i've listened to was TLTGYA. To be honest, there are better bands out there. But im optimistic about this one, based on what Mike's said, and now what Chester's said about it being a concept album, I think that this one will be great.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I still listen to MTM fairly often. It and Circa Survive's albums are good to listen to while studying. If other people don't listen to Linkin Park that much anymore then yeah, whatever, that's up to them. Likewise if they still do.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I only listen to "Leave Out All The Rest" and "Shadow of the Day" since those are the only two songs I really truly love off of MTM.

...oh and "Bleed It Out" when I'm running on the treadmill, but that's about it. :lol:

Paperku7

Paperku7 Banned

So are you insinuating that im a "mindless fan" because Ive liked most things they've put out and continue to listen to it after many years of being released? I hope not, because that would surely not make you "an intelleigent one".

I highly enjoy LP, I understand what they try to accomplish with thier productions, and I will respect them forever.

Im not saying everyone who is a fan of thiers must like them and no one else, but to post on these forums, its pretty much understood that your into the band much more then the average listener.

P.S. i didnt think any insults were warranted at all towards me.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Let's all calm down eh?

I love LP, they're my favourite band and I don't see that changing anytime soon but I accept that people's taste in music change. Just because someone is on an LP fan forum (and the biggest unofficial one on the net I might add) it doesn't mean to say that they must eat up whatever LP put out there.

Alot of people joined this forum a long time ago and grew out of LP but stayed for the community. People have their own opinions so it doesn't matter what any individual has to say about LP, it's their opinion whether we like it or not and they're perfectly entitled to it.

I do however think some people need to show a little more faith in the band.

Chris.

:lol: OMG lets all argue about Linkin Park on the internet.

TheRockChick

TheRockChick Pffft... LPA Super Member

I love the fact that LP is my favorite band, i chose it to be so and i'm rather proud of it. Still, that doesn't mean they are perfectly flawless. Neither does it mean that i don't enjoy listening to any other bands, because i do.

Anywho, I strongly agree with what Mike said.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
    Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

I love you, amen.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

LP are my favourite band, period. But, no, they're not the best, far from it; nor do I expect that from them. :) I expect them to do whatever they want, because that's what they're best at.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
    Chris.

My favorite band can beat up your favorite band.

20. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

They funny thing is, they probably could. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.