Red's Innocence And Instinct ARG

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by 2xPutt, Nov 17, 2008.

Ant

Ant Ambient

Can't wait to hear this stuff :) Red's a good band, and I think they've got a lot of potential to make something amazing.

liquidfire

liquidfire Member

Yeha they are great live, i saw them with Seether , and Hurt such an amazing line up was one of the best shows ive seen next to seven dust and Cooheed and Cambria

liquidfire

liquidfire Member

two more post on dante's site http://www.myspace.com/dante_466
    Charon

Nov 21 2008 12:15 PM

Enter the foremost circle that surrounds the abyss.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Beatrice
    Nov 21 2008 11:11 AM

New numbers have been unlocked to reveal more treasures.

pHa

pHa Member

sidenote...

not completely in the current flow of conversation, but the numbers "466623623 263 46874628" are how you would text the words "innocence and instinct"...maybe a connection to 71825?

Ophelia

Ophelia LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

I sent a blank text to that 71825 number, will see if i get a response.

Very smart thinking there pHa

Edit: Nothing as of yet, its been more then 30 minutes. =(

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
    ER0R34

ER0R34 Well-Known Member

new site!! http://www.washyouthosewoundswithin.com/ asks for the Gold Key and Silver Key.... all we have is SALIGIA, the Gold Key.. anyone know the other Key?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beatrice
    Nov 20 2008 4:50 PM
    Dante, you have unlocked the door. Let us go on, for the long way impels us.

this is about the find of the Gold Key and Inferno Code
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Charon
    Nov 20 2008 11:27 PM
    Let us descend now into the blind world. I will be first, and you shall second be.

not too sure on wat this is, but it deals with wat we found...
    Beatrice
    Nov 21 2008 10:11 AM
    New numbers have been unlocked to reveal more treasures.

most likely in reference to all of the sites found
    Charon
    Nov 21 2008 11:15 AM
    Enter the foremost circle that surrounds the abyss.

go to http://www.virgilsusedbooks.com/inferno.html , you shall see why
    Beatrice
    Nov 21 2008 2:22 PM
    Don't forget to let us know it's you. Reenter with the code IIXMMIX. When you have entered within, bring the keys. And take care to wash you those wounds within... (http://www.washyouthosewoundswithin.com/ )

NEW SITE! YOU NEED GOLD KEY AND SILVER HEY! i am in search of the Silver Key

-----------------------------------------------------------

after watching the YouTube video on the INFERNO section of Virgils Used Books (ill abreviate as VUB from now on) i believe that the silver key may deal with the 7 of the 9 circles of hell as described in Divine Comedy(?)
    test: fail

excerpt from Divine Comedy:"The gate of Purgatory is guarded by an angel who uses the point of his sword to draw the letter "P" (signifying peccatum, sin) seven times on Dante's forehead, bidding him to "wash you those wounds within." The angel uses two keys, silver (remorse) and gold (reconciliation) to open the gate – both are necessary.[10] The angel at the gate then warns Dante not to look back, lest he should find himself outside the gate again, symbolizing Dante having to overcome and rise above the hell that he has just left and thusly leaving his sinning ways behind him."

the Gold Key is SALIGIA (the begining of each of the 7 sins in Latin), which has to deal with reconciliation, shouldn't Silver Key would be REMORSE? ors omething else that we don't know?

----------------------------------------------------------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Emblem_of_the_Papacy_SE.svg

"The crossed keys symbolise the keys of Simon Peter. The keys are gold and silver to represent the power of binding (silver) and loosing (gold) given to the Church. The triple crown (the tiara) representents the pope's three functions as "supreme pastor", "supreme teacher" and "supreme priest". The gold cross on a monde (globe) surmounting the tiara symbolizes the sovereignty of Jesus."

just throwing off some MAJOR ideas here! >.<

http://www.dantespizzeria.com/ a site found on Dante's myspsace.. ill inform more later when i figure it all out..

if u go to the site above and put /order, you can order a pizza... u need ur to give ur name, email, and phone (most likely for other things LATER in the ARG?)... on the order menu, when u click each pizza, it shows song names.. except the first, it says Canto III

after u order, check ur email for an email from them.. it sends u a link to the site with /mystery.. which has VI of IX, the 3rd(?) part of the entire album cover for Innocence and Instinct! :D

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
    pHa

pHa Member

looking at the source for "washyouthosewoundswithin.com", it looks like the javascript doesn't even check if the keys are right; it'll just deny entry regardless of what was put in
    maybe the silver key isn't out yet?...
    the "canto III" shown by the first entry on the menu might refer to the third canto of Dante's inferno, which happens to refer to the gate of hell and Charon

Resident_Poet

Resident_Poet New Member

Canto III

There are many Cantos, from Canto I - Canto XIII, or maybe even further.

Canto III. The gate of Hell

http://pd.sparknotes.com/poetry/inferno/section4.html

This looks at Canto III

I hope that helps you all. I just had a quick look at this, but I work too much to get involved :D. BTW, I work at a pizza shop HAHAHAHA. I'll try to help you guys with any tips, or any ideas I have...at least when I can.

Also, have a look at the books in the library.

Those that stick out to me are John Milton, and The Dore Illustrations for Dante's Divine Comedy.

Milton stands out to me from Ghost in the Shell 2 (Has no link, nor anything to do with this). Here's the quote I was thinking of

Togusa: His legions, angel forms, who lay entranced. Thick as autumnal leaves that strow the brooks.
    Batou: Now you're quoting Milton, but we are not Satan.

Anyway, night y'all (I'm all sleepy here in Australia)

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Why are there so many new members registering then double/triple posting in this thread and nowhere else?

JenTheREDhead

JenTheREDhead RED until I'm dead

The Scavenger Hunt

You guys are thinking wayyyyyy too hard on this hunt. RED didn't want it to be that hard to where the average person couldn't figure stuff out. What fun would that be? That's awesome you guys are posting this on LP's site though. LP is one of my fave bands...next to RED. The Silver Key has not been released yet, and they will only release stuff over the next month. The info released yesterday was the first in a month...ugh, the agony. I have to say, I know a lot more about The Divine Comedy now that I've had my school lessons again. For all you RED fans, you should come join the street team

www.red.fancorps.com

and RED has their own chatroom where we all come to talk about this "mess" of a hunt...RED even stops by sometimes with a video or they chat some. Even mystery clues are dropped there.

http://www.kyte.tv/ch/57906-redkyte

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Who knows.

Say, you haven't by any chance heard of this group called Flobots, have you? They sound like Linkin Park!

Ophelia

I don't know, but it is a bit annoying

pHa

pHa Member

my sincere apologies; i couldn't find any other forums that were discussing this, and just wanted to add my two cents

ER0R34

ER0R34 Well-Known Member

yes, my apologies.. i had joined this because it was the ONLY one that had anything to deal with REDs ARG... i had joined to add my own few cents, but added like 10 dollars.. >.<:blink:

Ophelia

I don't mean the influx of new members is annoying, but the double and triple posting is. I am still fairly new here, but I read the rules, and know that if you are a new member, it takes 50 posts before you are *trusted* and your post automatically shows up. Instead of waiting to have the post show up and edit it, some new members are just posting repeatedly.

I think this challenge is fun, I love the book they are basing it on.

Edit - *My god, what can of worms did I open here? sigh*

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
    ER0R34

ER0R34 Well-Known Member

i had triple posted on accident.. i had just kep finding new things.. :D

----------------------------------------

has anyone found anything from all the info found yesterday???

ninjapastor83

ninjapastor83 Member

lets calm down scotty!

ER0R34

ER0R34 Well-Known Member

y not "beam me up scotty?" lol

-----------------------------------

again, lol, has anyone found anythhing new to any of the Keys?

Ant

Ant Ambient

Why? Does Scotty not know?

SCOTTY DOESN'T KNOW, SCOTTY DOESN'T KNOW; DON'T TELL SCOTTY, SCOTTY DOESN'T KNOW!

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

It was funnier the first time. In fact there's a direct response in my member title; make of it what you will. :p

I don't see why it shouldn't raise some suspicion. It's happened before but if you aren't just some spammer then whatever. Life goes on.