New Spiritfall song!

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Astat, Dec 4, 2008.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

This really came out of nowhere, I thought Spiritfall was essentially dead as they hadn't played any shows or made any mention of new music for at least the last 2 years, but they posted a new song called "Paint a Picture" on their Myspace today: http://www.myspace.com/spiritfallchico

They also posted an accompanying bulletin:

I'm probably one of maybe 3 people on here who know this band for for more than their song My Reason being mistaken as Linkin Park, but meh. :lol: I was excited by this, I think they're a very talented band and I'd like to see them come back.

Ophelia

Ophelia LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

I hadn't heard of them before, but they are pretty good, and they are based out of Chico, that's only about 2 and a half hours from me. I didn't think anything good came out of Chico.

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Funny thing is, this could probably also pass off as a fake LP song. The guitar sounds very similar and so does the chorus. :lol:

Pretty good song though.

Astat

I like how on their "Sounds Like" section, they have a little joke about people comparing them to LP: "We have rapping and screaming in every song. It is just way down in the mix and hard to hear." :lol:

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

I like them. True I found out about them because of My Reason, but still. They're quality.

Astat

Actually, my bad here, this isn't a new song. It's been around for a while, they just uploaded it now and the way they worded the bulletin made me think it was a new one. I have their entire discography, I double-checked and this song was already in there.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

I've never managed to get my hands on more than 4 or 5 of their songs actually.

Not that I've tried all that hard I guess.

Astat

^They don't have a whole lot, really. They put out 2 EPs, a 3-track demo, and a few demos/other songs. They only have 27 total songs.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

As I was listening to them I thought there was an element of Far in their sound. Then, coincidentally, I looked at their pictures and noticed one that appears to be them actually performing with Jonah Matranga, haha. They're pretty alright.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I still remember when I was an idiot 12 year old who bought Linkin Park - 'Under Attack', a bootleg LP CD which featured some b-sides, HTEP songs, some Grey Daze songs and songs that wern't even LP...one of them being 'My Reason'. Turns out that CD might have been a waste of money but I discovered Spiritfall and I've enjoyed their music ever since. :)