Official Muse/The Resistance Thread

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by The_Cool_Cow, Mar 15, 2008.

The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

Where did all the Muse fans go?:lol:. The last piece of news was pretty important.

Anyway, this doesnt really have anything to do with the new album, but its some big (ish) news. Someone has leaked what is, apparently, an original demo of the Showbiz track Escape. It is apparently off of a 7' vinyl demo. This was never one of my favourites off of the album, but this version bests it in almost every way, in my opinion. Definately give it a listen. Although, there is some debate over whether its fake or not. Some say that its just the original with some intruments added, and some edits made. To be honest, that could be true, although I questions why someone would take the time to do that. In any case, even if it is fake, its awesome. Here is the link to the page about it: http://www.muselive.com/index.php?m=single&id=4361.

Also, all of the Q&A answers are up. There are some interesting ones up there, so go to muse.mu and read them all.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Thanks for the updates! That 3-part song does sound amazing. I like the way Matt's gone about creating it too.

The Escape demo is pretty sweet, too. More raw.

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Yeah, that does sound awesome. It really sucks that it got delayed to late next year though.

The_Cool_Cow

^^ I actually dont believe that. That seems like way too late, im still thinking mid-09.

Anyway, I love that vocal intro on the Escape demo. Awesome.

The_Cool_Cow

The annual Muse christmas present has been posted! Just go to muse.mu (not the forum, the official website) and hover over the login area. There is a link there, click on it and it will download the first part of the christmas present. SPOILER: It's a live version of Dead Star at V Fest. It's pretty awesome, very good performance.

The other part of the present is a screensaver. Go to http://www.muse.mu/christmasscreensaver to get it. It's a video of Muse recording at Matt's house, pretty cool, although I wish that there was sound. Anyway, that's the present. Pretty cool, although I wish we had audio for the video.

The_Cool_Cow

UPDATE: Okay, so Tom Kirk said that the sound is coming in a while. Don't know when that means, but okay. The screensaver apparently expires on the 29th, so maybe thats when we'll get the sound? Which means NEW MUSE!

Also, there are other files that came with the screensaver and stuff, and everyones confused, and the puzzle isn't over yet, so keep your eyes peeled.

Also, this is my first triple post:lol:. Come on people, get excited! CHRISTMAS PRESENT!

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I admire your dedication to this thread, you update for the smallest stuff. Hopefully we'll have some new Muse soon.

On another note, how would you Muse fans rate the albums?

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Origin > Absolution = Black Holes > Showbiz imo.

Mark

Origins of Symmetry > Absolution > Black Holes = Showbiz

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Oh, you guys didn't like Black Holes that much eh? I'd rate it as Origins > Black Holes > Absolution > Showbiz.

Mark

They're all fantastic albums in my opinion, it's just that Origins and Absolution are more complete albums.

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I've sene torrents and stuff with all these b-sides and extra tracks, is it worth it?

The_Cool_Cow

Thats my ranking to. Black Holes is very underrated.

Also, to answer your second question, yes the b-sides are REALLY worth downloading. I would reccomend doing it throuhg Muselive.com's Share Your Stuff forum. You can find pretty much anything there.

Also, here are the b-sides I recommend you get:

- Glorious
    - Crying Shame
    - Easily
    - Eternally Missed
    - Fury
    - Spiral Static
    - Futurism
    - Dead Star
    - In Your World
    - Assassin (Grand Omega Bosses Edit) <much better then the album version
    - The Groove
    - Agitated
    - House Of The Rising Run

All awesome, and should give you something to listen to while waiting for the new album.

Oh, and thanks for the compliment! I enjoy doing this thread, so its no trouble :D.

Mark

You pretty much covered it. I'm really partial to the Does It Offend You, Yeah? remix of Map of the Problematique, and Hyper Chondriac Music as well.

House of the Rising Sun is so good, though.

Ant

Ant Ambient

I actually prefer Absolution to Origin, but to each his own :)

The_Cool_Cow

I can see why. Absolution is Muse's only real "album" in my opinion, in that it's the only one that has a consistent flow and overall sound and mood from beginning to end. I listened to that album in sequence once when driving up this mountain, the setting fit perfectly and it was just amazing. The album really clicked with me then. Still, OOS and BHaR edge it out just slightly for me.

PSL

PSL New Member

Its funny, when i first saw Muse as an opening act for Live they got some raised eyebrows

Now about 13 years later i think i can call myself a fan :p

For me Absolution was the turning point, i loved OoS, but wasnt really a fan, when i bought Absolution and heard the apocolyptic intro i was sold.

Now 23 concerts later (including the Wembley ones) im more excited than ever for their next album.

The_Cool_Cow

Muse were recently featured on Kerrang's Most Anticipated of 2009 albums list. In the write up they say that, according to those who have gotten to preview some new material, the new songs are some of the bands most aggressive yet.

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?p=5393153#post5393153

Also, you can now download a version of the Dead Star christmas video that is transferable to iPod's, as well as a version of the screensaver that doesnt expire.

By the way, Shadey, have you tried out some of the B-sides yet?

Ant

Ant Ambient

"Aggressive" as in heavy, or a new style, or what?

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Absolution was an album that stayed consistent with a point and sound. It was good in that arena, but as far as overall album awesomeness, I personally prefer Origin over the rest. BHaR is really, really good too.