CONFIRMED: LPU 9 CD To Feature Unreleased Band Demos, and New Song

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nihilanth

Nihilanth Active Member

Ok, thanks for heads-up.

If we're on the subject of singles, I've got a question about Breaking the Habit. I know that Wiki is not the best source of info but I've come across a quote that BtH was originally meant to be a 10min instrumental. Anyone know if it's true? If so, it would be groundbreking if it was included in LPU9 CD.

Yeah, that's what I'm curious about too. It's supposedely brand new which suggest it's from the new album recording sessions but at the same time it can be what QWERTY was, in between Meteora and Minutes but having little to do with the sound of the latter. Or "a lone island" like New Divide which is also said to be nothing like the new album.

It's purely speculative but since (according to the newsletter) the LPU9 CD is supposed to reflect the evolution of the band, it would be completely logical for this track to be a slice of what new album will have to offer. Then again, we need a confirmation for that.

2. 666Liam666

666Liam666 Active Member

yeah me too

3. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I'd assume it's both ... ^_^

4. Boombox

Boombox Member

Awsome.

5. Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Here's to hoping to hear Grecian and the other instrumental on the MTM DVD

6. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

It'd be really cool if some of the demos are radically different to the finished versions. I'm interested to hear if the HT demos are the ones we've already heard or not.

7. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I honestly think "hits/songs you know" still means anything from the 3 studio albums is fair game. The word "singles" hasn't been used once in anything other than a speculative manner here.

There's conflicting information about that. It's known that Breaking the Habit evolved from an instrumental interlude called "Drawing." There's one interview with Mike where he says it was 2 minutes long, another where he says it was 10 minutes long. Obviously, one of the people interviewing him misheard him. However, the one that mentioned it being 2 minutes long went on to say that the song was later extended to its final length when he added lyrics to it, so I'm inclined to believe that was the "correct" interview.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2009
  8. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Agreed.

I do believe we might see "Drawing" on the CD, and I wouldn't mind it in it's instrumental form. Especially if it's drastically different from the final product.

9. Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

Interesting about the Breaking the Habit info. I'd never known that before, but it does make sense that Break the Habit was an interlude and that it was called 'Drawing'.

I certainly don't expect we'll get that, though, who knows.

10. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Unless they've managed to decide already that this song isn't good enough to be on the album even though it's representative of how it will sound, it seems more likely to me that they have a song on their hands that they want to release but that doesn't necessarily sound how they're hoping the album will. Thus making it easier for them to decide to release it now instead of with the album. It depends on how far into the recording process they actually are I guess. Or maybe they might include it on the album as well, or maybe they've recorded it especially for the LPU. That's if it actually is a recent song.

11. Dark_Ganon

Dark_Ganon Well-Known Member

When will the CD be resesed ?

12. sukoru

sukoru I'm with the Ninjas

I guess somewhere between 10-20 of december

13. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Welcome to the LPA forums sukoru! Be sure to introduce yourself in Newbie Camp :).

14. jps0910

jps0910 Well-Known Member

Can't wait!

15. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I have a feeling the new song is one of the other 3 Transformers soundtrack outtakes that they favored New Divide over.

16. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Didn't even realise there were three. Cool, hopefully the other one surfaces eventually too...

17. Tomozaurus

Tomozaurus Well-Known Member

I hope they don't. If they're worse than New Divide then they won't be that good, I'm assuming.

18. projectfallback

projectfallback Well-Known Member

Keeping in mind that New Divide was made for a movie, and was created to be a mainstream track.

The others *could* have been awesome, but they weren't what they were going for.

19. TRANSLYDE

TRANSLYDE Well-Known Member

Is there a legal way to do that? 'Cause I definitely want the CD and wouldn't mind paying for it, but I reeeeeeally don't wanna pay for membership.

Basically I'm just looking out for the more nu-metal-y demos. This Breaking the Habit instrumental sounds enticing, and anything they might've written during the MTM sessions that Rubin made them get rid of would probably be just my cup o' tea.

So by the time a tracklisting is released, is it usually too late to sign on for the new CD?

20. Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

No, there is no legal way. The whole reason they're putting these unreleased songs out is because they want people to want to buy the subscription. If they wanted it to be free they'd just upload it to their website.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.