New LP Album Out By June 2010?

Discussion in 'News' started by Andrea, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

thank god! i was thinking about making a post about "the little things give you away". this one IS atmospheric. i really love this song and would call it one of lp's best. there is not one song on meteora i would ever bring near this position.

2. Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

I was referring more to Easier to Run and Numb than Nobody's Listening(for atmospherickiness). Nobody's Listening is definitely not the most atmospheric track on the album. But Nobody's Listening is nothing like Hybrid Theory, which was one of the points I was making in the post I listed it.

And I absolutely love The Little Things Give You Away. Like I said in one of my posts, I really love Leave Out All The Rest, as well, and that's a very atmospheric track, in my opinion, from Minutes to Midnight.

Here's my actual quote, for those who don't feel like searching the thread:
    'Nothing on Hybrid Theory sounds like Hit The Floor, Breaking The Habit. Numb? And those songs don't have atmosphere? Nobody's Listening? Come on!'

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  3. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

You're being argumentive for no reason.

4. Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

How? No I'm not. Nobody's Listening sounds nothing like anything on Hybrid Theory. Listen to it, where on Hybrid Theory is a song like that one, you know?

My post wasn't really argumentative, either, more in agreement with Passport.

5. Sonic

Dude, you hang on the forum practically all day just waiting for someone to reply in this thread. Get off the computer for a while and take a deep breath, that's all. I don't have problems with anyone, but damn, just damn.

6. Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

I do, and I have a job and a girlfriend and an entire life outside this forum. This is one of many forums I visit, so you're wrong. I think you have a grudge against me and need to let it go.

If you have nothing to really contribute to the thread I don't know why you replied just to jab at me again.

You didn't reply to my question about Nobody's Listening?

7. Sonic

[​IMG]

This thread makes me cry.

8. Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

Just leave the thread already, man, if you have nothing positive to say. Reported...

You need to take a breath if it makes you cry. Seriously, nobody is worked up except for you. I am enjoying the discussion and look forward to more with people. I'm very fascinated with the opposite opinion, and very open-minded, so positive debate bothers me in no way whatsoever.

9. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

To be fair, that was very badly worded. You did not give any indication as to what category you were placing Nobody's Listening.

And I think the fact that none of the HT songs sound like NL is a good thing since that song blows.

EDIT: Also I don't think 11:55's post deserved reporting. It was funny, not all internetz is srs bsns. Uncalled for.

10. Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

I apologize for the wording, I thought it was good placement but I can see how it seemed confusing.

And that's too bad you don't like Nobody's Listening, but I can see why and respect your opinion. However, do you agree that Easier to Run, Numb, Breaking The Habit, Leave Out All The Rest, etc. are atmospheric songs?

I just thought it was kind of odd to say that Hybrid Theory and Meteora have no atmosphere. Also the fact that the band stated many times that they tried to sound more simple on Minutes to Midnight.

11. Nikki

Nikki I have no idea what is going on LPA Super Member

Babali, stop getting so riled up over nothing.
    Everyone else: back off a tad. 11:55 you basically stirred the hive. Let it drop next time.

12. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I think what they meant is that they wanted to sound more stripped-down, which is to say there was less layering and polish and such. I don't think that necessarily made the songs less atmospheric.

13. Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

Agreed, Minutes to Midnight is very atmospheric. It also seems cinematic, something I said in a previous post and I'll try to explain: They always have an intro, some epic closing song, and their kind of over-dramatic sound throughout, reminiscent of a lot of their 80's inspiration and the quality of the whole album experience.

But each album of theirs has still had it's own identity to me and I am expecting this next one to be just the same.

edit: btw, Passport, I didn't report him, I just said that so maybe he'd stop being so rude next time.

14. Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

i want to try to show you the difference between a mood and atmosphere.

i can perfectly use "meteora" for this explanation. i don't see any atmosphere on meteora. why? it is not called atmosphere if you feel something by certain sounds that you can specificly describe. all songs on meteora provide a mood. every single song is so compressed and has no room for any atmosphere to develop. you start one song, there is this intro with a nice sample, but before any atmosphere could get established a guitar crashes in and puts you in a direction that tightens the mood you felt by this sample in the intro. every song on meteora forces you to feel something and delivers emotions like sadness, anger or whatever. i don't know if anyone understands this poor attempt of mine to elaborate this crucial difference.
    it is not necessary to write a 7 minute long song just to be atmospheric. atmosphere is a very subtile thing which needs enough room. that's actually a reason why so many people love "radiohead". they know how to write epicly atmospheric songs whereas linkin park writes good songs but seem like a frantic fast cut, not because of fast and energetic songs, rather because of their need to hold the listener up for the whole 3-4 minutes and not give him/her the chance to explore.

mood is a river
    atmosphere is an ocean

simply put.

15. Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

I enjoyed reading your post and I agree with it to some degree, however I do think that Easier To Run, Hit The Floor, Breaking The Habit, Session, Numb, etc, do have atmosphere. Note, though, that those aren't the fastest of songs. The faster ones, yes, I will agree are less atmospheric and more nu-metal/grunge/punk-rock, you know, but still there's variety there.

Indeed, I agree with what you say about mood, but atmosphere creates mood as well. Radiohead are a very atmospheric band, but a band doesn't always have to be atmospheric in a spacey psychedelic sense. It could just be the images it invokes or the surreal world it creates around you when you listen.

But then, I'm sure a lot of people have different views on what is atmospheric sounding, what moods a certain song evokes inside of you, etc... I listen to a lot of ambient music, a lot of people don't like that. Everyone has different tastes, and that's a good thing.

16. TRANSLYDE

TRANSLYDE Well-Known Member

Wow, this is a change; on my Dream Theater forum we usually get heat for being too critical of the band. :lol:

17. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

You're in a different world here. :lol:

18. Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

Oops, I forgot about TLTGYA. That was atmospheric as well.

But C-Truth, evolving THEIR sound has nothing to do with the atmosphere of the sound itself. Just because they changed doesn't mean it was any good. They weren't bad songs, but LP can do a lot better musically, as they showed on their first two albums. Hand claps and jingling keys are fine and all but I want a lot more nuances like on Wake and TLTGYA and pretty much every song on the previous albums. Reanimation is a prime example of this.

19. Iain

Iain i am a sloth LPA Super Member

Yeah, that's what I thought.

I still remember when the "acoustic drums" comment came out, and I had to keep explaining to people on another forum that Rob didn't always use "normal" drums.

20. Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

Babali, I think the biggest problem here is the fact that you continually insinuate that people aren't "real" fans of the band if they question your opinion. Believe it or not, not everyone here even still likes Linkin Park (I don't, but I still keep tabs on the latest news). I'm not saying because of that you're not allowed to like them either, but until the last page or so, this hasn't been a real discussion, it's just been opinionated bickering. And simply saying "I can respect your opinion" in a post doesn't change that. Yes music is subjective, but there is a line where it becomes objective. And objectively, Linkin Park has written bad songs, which is what Kayce (Passport) and others are arguing.

Kayce, as for what you said a couple of pages back about my sig, thank you. Lights <3 :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.