Linkin Park Benefit Song "Not Alone" For Haiti

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Mad song, awesome when the beat comes in.
    This band is amazing, both musically and with all the benefits/fundraising etc.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I like it, it's rather good.

Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

QFT. They're a pretty amazing band to be infatuated with. :)

I love the song...I kinda feel it in my chest, yknow?

Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

A fantastic song for a good cause. The electronic/synth sound to this track somewhat reminds me of their older material yet still sounding fresh and new. Chester's voice is indeed soothing and powerful in this track and the high notes he hits are perfect.

The beat in the second verse is catchy and the way the song builds up towards the end is brilliant. I love the final minute of the track where it goes off on an electronic solo.

Good stuff. Thank you Linkin Park.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

I like it. Chester's voice is really good in this one.

A.06

A.06 Well-Known Member

I can only agree, amazing track. I am definitely going to donate, too.

Did anyone else notice that there's no song number 06 in the download? Did I miss something or download too soon?

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

It's beautiful.

Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

Bless their hearts and everyone that has set up this opportunity. They are giving back to all of us that have giving to the world in all the ways that we can. I agree this song is very interesting and has a completely different feel from their other songs. If this is the direction that they are taking with their new album then we are in for something special. I was hoping for a guitar solo halfway but the song is great from start to finish. chaazzies voice is so soothing, and mike and hahn add a nice touch. this caught us all by surprise and im sure all of us are so grateful for the support that people are giving to those in need all around the world.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The Lupe Fiasco track "Resurrection" is currently missing from the download. It's being looked into by management and should be corrected later today.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Wow this sounds nothing like Minutes To Midnight.

If this is anything like the new album this is going to be interesting.

Errol

Errol Well-Known Member

It's really nice to hear some of Mr. Hahns scratching again. This is a brilliant song! It very much reminds me of She Couldn't, and the Stick 'N Move demo from the LPU 9.0 cd.

The download doesn't seem to be working properly. There's only one song in the archive. Oh, and unfortunately, you have to be at least 13 to download this, so I guess there's a lot of you who can't get it :p ;)

A.06

A.06 Well-Known Member

Ah right, I knew one artist was missing compared to what I read. Thanks a lot. I'll check the download tomorrow again unless someone will be so kind as to tell me/us the track is now included. Looking forward to Lupe's Lasers, too.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I love pop-centric Linkin Park, fuck the naysayers.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

If this song is any indication of where the new album is headed, then we're in for quite an interesting treat. I really like it, so soothing and Chester sounds really good. Props to the band for making this song for the Haiti Relief Efforts.

And if anyone hasn't noticed, Joe is CLEARLY scratching at the end. YES.

The_4GT10_fACE

The_4GT10_fACE Well-Known Member

Nice song and it finally features Joe on it :D

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Great song. Chesters vocals are great and it's nice to hear Joe. Really like the looping synth too, and even though the lyrics aren't complicated, they work and sound great.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

What surprises me the most about this song [despite it's different direction and interesting new sound] is just how much it feels like the old days of Linkin Park. While it is in no way a Hybrid Theory clone, everyone in the band seems to be coming together, and that creative energy is back and present it ways that I felt it hasn't been for years.

Don't get me wrong. I've been into this band for over 8 years and have run the site for just about as long. I have supported these guys through everything, and defended them constantly [as I feel they're highly talented] but if there's anything that I felt Minutes To Midnight was lacking, it would be Linkin Park. The name was there, but I felt the Linkin Park that we knew and loved was not. There was a lack of that "Hybrid Theory spirit", and the album didn't feel as unique as the press and some of the band members made it out to be.

With this song it just feels like Linkin Park is really back. Without rap, it feels like how I expected Minutes To Midnight to sound. Mike is sampling again...Joe's scratches are audible and I just feel the next CD will be some of their best.

Even if this song doesn't sound like what they're making in the studio right now, it's just re-affirmed my faith in the band.

obiwanws2

obiwanws2 Well-Known Member

I don't really feel like getting flamed but here it goes. I'm not a huge fan of the song. I like the idea behind and the attempt to get relief for Haiti, but I am just not feeling the song. Maybe its the melody, but I just can't get into it.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

*sighs*

This sounds exactly like M2M for me. If the next album is anything like this, I won't call myself a fan anymore. :(.

musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

Well said, sir. This kind of puts some hope back for their new album for me. I was beginning to get disappointed a little, but I haven't given up and this pushes that mentality further that they're truly indeed back in form. I can't wait!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.