LPA Introduces 4Play

Discussion in 'News' started by Kæton, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

A large focus during the development of LPA4 was to work on improving the community aspect. We promised to try new things, and we're ready to introduce our newest feature to the LPA. Our first experiment in enhancing the community experience here on LPA is currently called 4Play. What is 4Play you ask? It is an event dedicated to bringing the community closer through more than means of conversation, allowing everyone the opportunity to chat, play and connect in ways that can't be done through the forum.

Starting with 4Play, the event will be broken into two sessions: A chat session and a gaming session. During the chat session members of the LPA community will be able to hang out with the LPA staff in real time where they will be answering questions and partaking in discussions LIVE! During the chat, a password will be given out to participate in the gaming session. In order to enter a queue for the gaming session of the event, members must send that password to the proper online gamer tag, which will also be announced during the chat.

Considering this is still very new for us, we will only be streaming the chat session for now. In the future we expect to stream the entire event, including our gaming sessions so everyone can participate in the experience. However we want to see how you, the community, like the idea. The LPA staff encourages everyone to support the 4Play idea so we can justify eventually upgrading to stream in high definition and branch out beyond just video games.

Our first 4Play event will take place on March 28th, 2010 starting at 12PM PST. The game of choice is Grand Theft Auto 4 for the Xbox 360. You can find all this information and future event dates on the 4Play page.

The staff looks forward to seeing you all there!

NOTE: You will need a Justin.tv account to participate in the chatroom. You can sign up for an account here. As long as you're signed in you can visit the 4Play page and start chatting at any time.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yay for puns :lol:. This was over a month in the making. I hope a lot of you guys join.

And *looks at Keaton's sig* Mike's stealing LPA!

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I don't know whether I'll get involved, but this does sound like fun and it's, yeah, a great idea for the community. :)

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

I have ps3 =/

Derek

We will expand to other platforms if this is a success :). Anyway you can borrow a buddy's Xbox for the night?

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

psh no lol. most of them don't have next gen systems.
    my friend Nicky plays gamecube lmao

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

team fortress 2 game sesh please? :p

Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

Or Diablo II? :p

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Hearts online?

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

starcraft?

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

CODMW2 for the win. Blur MP Beta.

Kæton

In case you folks missed it... We'll be playing Grand Theft Auto 4 for the Xbox 360 for this event. We'll most likely be featuring a different game per event, but for this one we have decided to go with GTA4. :)

Chris

Just some ideas for the next session :whistling

Kæton

Well let's focus on making 4Play's debut a success first, whaddaya say? ;D

wiiesel

wiiesel Well-Known Member

Don't like this idea..
    The chat is ok...I mean I won't use it but that doesn't make it a bad idea.
    But playing through an LP forum? What's the sense of that? You know that you'll have to expand that gaming thing to every (big) gaming platform and to every "big" game in order that no one is bitching around....
    And I don't like the fact that this is running through justin.tv and you need an account there.

Don't get me wrong. I appreciate the work you put into this but I simply don't like this idea...

<just my 2 cent's >

Derek

I'm a little disappointed that there is so much negativity surrounding this whole entire idea. We have not heard one person say they're definitely showing up, or anyone say "great idea!". Instead we've heard suggestions for about 10 different games to do other than grand theft auto, or why this idea isn't a good idea.

You want to know why we're doing this through LPA? Because we want our community to be bigger, and invite people to the site and by playing video games it should hopefully do just that. We WILL be trying other platforms soon, it's just we need to make sure enough people even support this the first time around, before considering other times.

Like Keaton said, why don't we focus on making the first time a success before we discuss other times? I'm not mad, it's just a little disheartening to see such a lack of support on an idea we worked ages on. The reason GTA is picked is due to that poll in Kick Back Cafe (what, you think we did that for the fun of it? :p)

Chris

Well you can count me in. I think it's a great idea, it's a new way to communicate with other members, to put voices with faces, own other members. There's even a Limp Bizkit gaming clan, so why not a LPA 'gaming clan'?

wiiesel

wiiesel Well-Known Member

Then why not asking the community if they like that idea before working on it....
    Maybe you did that...dunno because I registered a few days ago.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
    El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I usually support majority if the thing you guys do, but this time I can't really say anything in favour of the idea. I won't be joining for sure.
    And with the nice weather coming, it's better to go out somewhere with your friends and have fun or play sports than to stay at home and play video games for hours.. [/honest feedback]

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

So you have to have X-Box Live and stuff to play or can your system just be connected to the internet? I would imagine you'd need live.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.