LPA Introduces 4Play

Discussion in 'News' started by Kæton, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Co-sign.

I think you guys should've consulted with the members before jumping into this.

LPAA9

LPAA9 Don't eat the yellow snow

totally agree!

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Well thanks for the feedback. We'll be sure to discuss those issues however it may be worth taking into consideration that you don't necessarilly have to have an xbox to participate - the chat is for everyone.

Either way I don't have an xbox. :lol:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
    Jammist

Jammist Well-Known Member

Just do it and see what happens! :)

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

I think it's a good idea, and I'd join in but I don't have XBox live (for one reason or another haha)

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

We're sorry for not consulting first, but we planned this idea as a surprise because with LPA4 we not only wanted to improve our content and design, but also work on re-enforcing the community aspect of our website as well. As much as I feel our main site is something incredible and to be proud of, in the past I've always felt LPA's community to be one of it's most stand out features. We have a GREAT community here and while any fansite can boast that they have great forums, I personally feel that we are nicer, friendlier and more supportive of our members than any other site and that we hold contests/ideas that are different than what any other fansite can offer. Our site prides itself on breaking new ground, and that's what we intended to do with this.

When it came time to do "4Play" (a title that in itself is a play on the fact this is LPA4), we did it in the interests of helping our community grow and to personally speak to and meet all of you guys. We wanted to use the chat portion of this event to connect with our visitors directly and get their input as well as their opinions of the site.

So believe me when I say that we're not going to chop off your head for having a negative opinion, or tell you to basically f-off and leave the site if you don't like it. That's not how we roll here, and we have definitely listened to and cared about your opinions in this thread. We hope that even those who cannot participate in the gaming portion, will still join us in the chat as we want to know what you guys would like for the site, as without you guys...the LPA cannot grow. Thanks for being passionate about the site and giving your opinions!

Ophelia

Ophelia LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

I got a lot of mixed feelings reading this thread, and most of them weren't good ones. My first reaction was hmm, typical, more whining and complaining from LP Fans, but for once its not over something LP is or isn't doing.

First of all, if you don't like it, then its as simple as DON'T PARTICIPATE. No one is twisting your arm saying oh you have to visit the chat room or you have to play xbox games with us!! Secondly, its up to Derek and the rest of the staff as to what content they choose to implement here and as they are the ones that put their valuable time and money into maintaining the website. Its rather insulting to see the rudeness that some of you have shown them today. Maybe it won't be something that works out that well, but its something they chose to try in an effort to give us something new.

Just my two cents.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

While I get what you're saying Jen and I think the idea is pretty cool. I can understand why some people dislike the idea. Yes Derek and the rest of the staff put a tremendous amount of work and money into this site and we are all grateful. With that said maybe talking to the community would have been a good idea. I'm sure we don't want any time being wasted if this doesn't become a success. Since that seems the general opinion on this unique idea. I hope it works and finds its way onto other platforms. if not. It was a pretty interesting idea still

Derek

This is why the event is being considered (and labeled as) a test. It's us sticking our foot out into the water to see how it works. If it doesn't work, we'll obviously reconsider.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

That's exactly what people need to take on board. We're testing this and if it fails completely then we know. It's not going to stop us coming up with new ideas on how to make this community better though. If anyone else has some suggestions we'd love to hear them. :)

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

For sure?

This is a cool idea. >: D

AdamWBR

AdamWBR Well-Known Member

I think this is an awesome idea. Love it. Unfortunately I'm not really a video gamer and I'll also be in AZ watching my Cubbies at this time, so I won't be able to attend, or I totally would. But I hope it's a success!

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

I'm so down for this.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

i don't really understand the chat part, as this is a forum, and we do have a chat thing already. Though, i would definitely play games with other LPAers when you play PC games.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Like it's been stated over and over, we're planning to expand this idea but currently we're only testing the waters. Meaning that we're looking to utilize the chat feature AND the stream concept better in the future, but before we take any larger steps and invest on a greater scale to improve the experience we have to know it's justified. It's a process we're not all completely familiar with, but in due time we expect to make things like 4Play much greater than they currently are. However we need the community to first understand that this entire concept is still in its infancy.

I hope before people disregard 4Play completely they take a step back and realize that this is not the final product and that we have far bigger plans for the concept as a whole. Whatever you may think, we're doing this to expand the community and introduce newer ways for people to interact through LPA. The 4Play project in particular aims to connect people through a rather common hobby: video games. A lot of people play them, and it continues to grow in popularity, especially with online gaming. If that's not your bag and/or you have no interest in participating, that's fine. It's your choice, and we're not here to force you to do anything you don't want to.

With that said, the reason we've introduced newer ideas like 4Play was because people wanted to see more community interactivity. We're constantly trying our best to make sure there are things for the community to do, but in the end we can only do so much. If you think this idea is bad, that's fine. Though I would ask that instead of simply saying this idea is "terrible" or whatever you may want to call it, please, give us suggestions as to what you would like to see done. This is why we're considering 4Play a test. If it fails, we'll go back to the drawing board and try something else. But progress will never be made unless our community gives us the courtesy of being constructive and not just destructive. :)

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Why bother? You know they're going to lose. Again. :p

Go Cardinals! :lol:

SecondCityKids

YOU FAIL. GO WHITE SOX!

AdamWBR

AdamWBR Well-Known Member

Oh man, a Cards fan AND a Sox fan?? I don't think I can come to this messageboard anymore...... :)

Derek

See what you guys have done? :lol:

Nah Adam, you can stay. We support all teams here. Even losing ones cursed by a billy goat. :p

SecondCityKids

Oh don't forget southside hero Bartman. God I love to make fun of cub fans :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.