Random Thoughts 23!

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Luke, Feb 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 28thART

28thART The Hard Way

:lol: :lol: if you find one and she has a sister like her, don't forget me :D :D :D !

2. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Who's getting blitzed today?

3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Not me :lol:

4. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

oh.my.god.

What the fuck else is gonna break in this house?! It's like I'm squatting in my own home at the moment...

5. Iain

Iain i am a sloth LPA Super Member

Okay WAT.

NO SRSLY WAT.

6. SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

"fo-twenty!" woohoo

7. Iain

Iain i am a sloth LPA Super Member

Just saying, most of the men I know are bigger liars, less creative, slower to admit when they're wrong (IF they even admit they're wrong), more annoying, more violent, less diplomatic, more narrow-minded... I can go on.

Also, LIQUID PAPER.

8. Ophelia

Ophelia LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

This is without a doubt some of the most sexist comments I think I have ever come across. I can't even come up with a civil response to this, but I am seriously disturbed by all of it.

You need to spend a day, a week, a year living in a woman's shoes and see how "easy" you think it is at the end of the time period.

I am a stay at home mom, and I do far from nothing every day, I am responsible for getting my kids up, ready for school, out the door on time, cleaning the house, taking care of our animals, all the grocery shopping, most of the cooking, picking up my kids from school, laundry, helping them with their homework, among countless other things. I would love to do this nothing that you speak of.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  9. Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

Cora,

Im with you on this one. Women in American society have done so much and have invented plenty that we would be at a loss for. They are our mothers, sisters, best friends, and lovers. Its 2010 not 1910. I think weve come a long way and this is just plain ignorant.

10. Ophelia

Couldn't have said it better myself.

11. Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

This New Media Design teacher is lame.

12. Derek

Agreed.

13. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

[youtube]6dOVdh6NIhw[/youtube]

14. El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Good for you, but you didn't read what I wrote but what you imagined I wrote, so that you can explain to me the duties of a housewife which I am fully aware of.

And it doesn't change the fact that I still want to stay and home and do nothing while my wife works.

15. Derek

And you don't think the duties of a housewife are work? Cleaning the floors, scrubbing the walls/cabinets, vacuuming, washing dishes, cleaning clothes & hanging them up and then bringing them in once they're dry and folding them, buying groceries, taking kids to and from school, cooking food for a whole family, of course not to mention a slew of other things...is no picnic. I understand you want to live the easy life...so do I, and that's great...but a wife is hardly "doing nothing" when you're at work. Please think about what you're saying.

16. Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

Its stuff like this that makes me proud to come up in the time we are. Go Derek!

17. El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Omg people lol

Let's establish one rule here: everybody reads just what the others are writing.

Just because I said that I don't want to work it doesn't mean that I meant that housewives are not working and that I don't appreciate what they're doing.

So just to make it clear and obvious to everyone: I know that the duties of housewives are considered a real job and I fully realize and appreciate that. But I still want to stay at home and do nothing while my wife works.

18. Derek

It's all in the way you word things man. Had you worded it like you did in the bold, or in a similar fashion...it wouldn't have been misconstrued as such. Considering that SeeMO's post came off rather sexist, a few people are more than a little upset about it and are likely to take things in the wrong way, unless they are worded carefully. I understand you now and respect your views, it's just SeeMO (with all due respect) went over the line in his post about women not making any big inventions etc. Not only was it incredibly un-researched and untrue, but it totally came off demeaning to women. "Women need men"? Now that's a view from the 1900s.

19. Ophelia

I just get enough of that mentality at home. I get told constantly that I'm lazy and not pulling my weight by my dick of a husband. He doesn't do a single thing to help me with our kids, because he works and pays all the bills, but yet I do everything else. I might as well be a single parent.

20. JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

In 1972, there is a recorded incident of a honey badger killing a lion by tearing off the lion's junk.

-MM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.