How did you feel listening to Hybrid Theory for the first time?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Derek, Mar 24, 2009.

AkiLP

AkiLP New Member

I listened to What i've done in 2007 and I started to searching for other albums and my father bought me HT.. I remember that I knew only In The End so I was angry with him.. "I wanted Meteora!!" >.< but when I listened to it I fell in love with it and now it's my favourite album **

VavourasLP

VavourasLP Active Member

well I didnt exactly say that HT will always be the best..just that it will always stnad for LP's youthful and energetic years.To me Meteora is their best and of course we cant predict the future.A future LP album might blow everything apart!

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

For sure!

LP/DBS/FMFreak8908

LP/DBS/FMFreak8908 Well-Known Member

i think i was about 14 and a half but yeah i agree with derek still an AMAZING album its actually the CD that got me into this band in the first place and one of the main reasons LP became my favorite band instantly back then...:) :)

oryann

oryann Member

I remember I first got into these guys when "Crawling" came out. There was always something about that song that pulled me in, and that's what made me buy the record. Still one of my favorite songs, love it!

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I was like 13 and had like 20 songs on my ipod. My friend plays this song for me called "In the End". My life has changed so much after that moment. I was a person who took a while for LP to grow on me. I used to be bothered by the screaming and heavy guitar riffs. I though Papercut and POA were disgusting songs. I'm not sure what clicked, but now those two songs are in my top 5 favorite songs of all time. I myself have listed to HT countless times and love it to this day. Someone mentioned this earlier but I just love how this album go me into hip hop (such as Eminem) and hard rock at the same time. I just love how this album flows from song to song. I would almost call it a concept album lyrically. How dope would it be if this turned into broadway like Green Day's American Idiot? A man can dream...

SamohtCela

SamohtCela The Only Thing That's Worse Than One is None

Wow, I think I was like 5 or 6 when I first heard "In The End". My brother had the album and we always listened to it while on the road. It pretty much grew on me. Probably one of my favorite albums of all time.

Ginsy Osiris

Ginsy Osiris Member

Heh. I had heard In The End, Crawling, Runaway, With You, and Points of Authority before I knew they were all by the same band.

The rest of Hybrid Theory blew me away. I truly could not comprehend that one band had produced flawless songs like that.

Also, High Voltage is underatted.

the11thdoctor

the11thdoctor Resident Time Lord

The first time I heard Hybrid Theory I was like
    [​IMG]

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

i think you have just outdone the shinodakini
    View attachment 2002

Murali

Murali LP Soldier

Well when i heard for the first time...i didnt like any song except in the end....but one day when one of my friend gave me meteora i was amazed...i felt very bad that why i didnt listen 2 them before....and then i started watchin videos and listening every song of Hybrid Theory......

Now LP is my fav band and i luv almost all of their songs....especially from meteora and hybrid theory....

BigSpenc1994

BigSpenc1994 New Member

Me, I was probably about 10. I thought the musical style was awesome! I liked the lyrics, and I loved the music. It kind of irritated my dad, though. My mom wasn't too bothered by it.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

I loved it after listening Reanimation. It was so different to all the other albums I was listening to and just fell in love with it. I became a fan then and still a fan now.

rusa162

rusa162 Well-Known Member

for me it is second of greatest albums of LP nr.1 is Meteora:D

erasus

erasus Well-Known Member

Actually thats really why i love Linkin Park so mutch...
    I was walking on a street in my town and on it there is this music store.At the time i was listening to alot of rap and didnt know what exactly i liked ...i just listened to whatever came along.
    Passing by the store i heard In the End playing,my eyes opened wide. stoped and went in the store to ask what is this epicness im hearing.
    The vendor was all headbanging in there and explained to me that this is some new band blabla ... the next week i got some money and bought the album.
    Bought it just for In the End ...but turned out it was my least favorite of all ...
    I will never forget that day ... didnt have a stereo so i played the disk on my Playstation 1 ! and listened through my tv speakers ...still i was blown away.
    Then i got my friends hooked and by the time Meteora came out we were headbanging and playing Table tenis like crazy :p blaa good times

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
    Trish

Trish Y2K LPA VIP

Ahh this is an awesome thread, I think the first time I heard Hybrid Theory would have been around the same time I joined the LPA, so when I was 13.
    I felt that it was like something I'd never heard before!
    Of course like others, I feel Meteora had more of an effect on me than HT, but thats the one that started the bug for me.

xxspuckxsorrisxx

xxspuckxsorrisxx Living Things

amazed.

hybrid.theory7

hybrid.theory7 Well-Known Member

i was six when HT came out ,but i actually heard the songs say 4-5 years ago,its obviously my favourite album ever from the past few years i listen to crawling almost everyday ,i discover new beats everytime i listen to it.

hybrid.theory7

hybrid.theory7 Well-Known Member

hybrid theory came out in 2000 and ipods came out in late 2001 how come u had ht songs in ur ipod in 2000 .. lol

xxspuckxsorrisxx

xxspuckxsorrisxx Living Things

i was..... 4. I heard it last year/ i bought it last year/