Mike Has a "Message"

Discussion in 'News' started by Andrea, Jun 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Well you don't promise a big announcement on a Monday, and over one week later have NO concrete information for the fans. I think people are greatly overreacting with their comments towards the band, but even I (someone who's supported them for 10 years) am starting to grow impatient. This is really poorly done. That's one thing where I can't defend this band. If they didn't have the press release/things ready at the time of announcing the announcement, they shouldn't have said something was coming. This is sloppy, and people have stopped caring what the announcement is (provided there ever actually was one). That's kind of bad.

2. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Lets just blame Warner.

3. Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Having 42 Entertainment do their ARG/viral campaign would have been AWESOME.

4. Derek

Yes, and they could've even possibly reached out to the fan-sites and got them involved too if they were running the show. It could be an internet wide ARG for the new album.

Note to band: it's still not too late to call 42 up and get something better done.

5. esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Agreed. This would be kind of annoying if it came out of the blue...the fact that it is following an announcement for big news to be revealed just makes it seem very thoughtless.

6. youknowhu

youknowhu Well-Known Member

Yeah. I kinda gave up. I'm just waiting because they have to release the album sometime in the fall. They are NOT getting around that. The fans would all die and have their family members sue the band.

7. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

*Agrees with the general sentiment of this page*

8. Derek

I mean, this announcement got us about 20 new "steady" members (people who keep coming around and posting) which was great...but if anybody needs a sign of how hype died down..look how slow this thread became. We went from averaging 10-15 new pages a day, to maybe 3 at best. People stopped caring and got sick of the mind games. LP really needs to come out with something concrete today, or I too will stop caring about the "message".

9. L₳ζ₳Я

L₳ζ₳Я The Evil Speculator

Hype can't last long, maybe they just want to tease us. Although i am starting to lose interest in this.

10. Derek

Yeah..last update was on the 18th. That's 4 days. They need to update it again to keep hype going.

11. Kæton

If that happens, at least you can still imagine how this could have played out had it not been one big, embarrassing fail. :p

"More messages coming soon" ... "When we feel like it" is what I'm guessing comes next. :lol:

12. youknowhu

Yeah...4 days doesn't sound like a long time, but it really is. At the most, they should update it every 5 days. If we don't get an update this week...then they really truly fail at creating "hype".

13. Derek

The thing is, Linkin Park are one of the highest selling acts of the 21st century. This new record is very highly anticipated. You'd think they'd have a tighter campaign to promote the album then this. I mean, I'm not impugning the work of anyone with this promo...but 4-5 days between updates does not create hype. No it just pisses off the fans. And again, I go to bat for these guys...and defend em vigorously. So for me to be pissed right now and basically scolding them on a (imho) very sloppily run campaign, is pretty weird for me.

14. youknowhu

Me too. Seriously. Usually everything they do is unique and impressive in some way. At first I thought their "message" was cool and unique, but then it turned into a stupid teaser, just making us wait.

15. Derek

Don't get me wrong. I love that they're proud enough of their work to hype it up like this...that's a good thing. We just need some facts.

16. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

4 days isn't long at all.

17. Kæton

Four days is pretty long when nothing is going on. We haven't heard a peep from them since it was updated with "More messages coming soon". It'd be different if these GIFs were leading us anywhere, you know, so we're doing something in the mean time but they lead us nowhere. So instead, we're all sitting around twiddling our thumbs, waiting for the next update, which is taking a little too long for some. If the updates are too far apart, after a while it's going to get old. Four days is already pushing it. I can't imagine someone going back to the page day after day and coming back with nothing will keep it up for very long.

18. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

It was fun for the first few days. That was the first time in years that my interest in LP overshadowed my interest in Metallica & Tool. Since that we've had no actual info, my interest has waned, Metallica have started what appears to be a very successful run with the Big 4 gigs. Tool have also started a mini tour and are playing Third Eye for the first time in 8 years, as well as playing Intolerance and The Patient (Funnily enough the lyrics to which go "Be patient. Gonna wait it out."), and word from atttendees has these gigs as their best in a very long time, which is pretty huge.

C'mon LP! Give us something!

19. Derek

Agreed with everyone in this thread.

20. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Eh. I've been waiting on a website to update for almost a month. But that's for a viral. For an upcoming movie by Spielberg and JJ abrams. Anyway, i've learned to be patient about these kind of things.http://www.rocketpoppeteers.com/ has been the same image, for a very long time..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.