Message 2 Now Online

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lkiki13

lkiki13 Uhhh...

idk...i guess the answer to this message is just "the catalyst". if its not then i have no idea what it could be. if it is right then im assuming we'll find out what it means and what a thousand suns is supposed to mean eventually

2. {L}EcM3311{P}

{L}EcM3311{P} Well-Known Member

I don't like the puzzles and what not. Just release the god damn info on the album (my impatience side talking).

3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yep. We're absolutely insane here. Thanks for noticing. :lol:.

4. OkamiSensei

OkamiSensei gas.mask.angel

TEEHEE. :awesome:

5. Vic

Vic No game no life

Yeah I'm agree. 1 puzzle = 1 answer, why two?

6. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

So, the song is pretty clearly about war right...?
    What's the catalyst for war? Or more specifically, the only war anyone cares about at the moment.

Religion.
    I think maybe we're meant to find the catalyst for the song? If that makes any sense.

7. lkiki13

lkiki13 Uhhh...

exactly

8. Saoberlinwaves

Saoberlinwaves Banned

all my favorite bands love messing around with their fans haha and "Early 2010" always becomes "June 2010" which becomes "Late 2010?"... Haha same thing happened with Angels and Airwaves... first LOVE was supposed to be out in early 2009, then it became Christmas 2009, then it became Valentine's Day 2010... didn't LP kinda do this with Minutes as well haha? Over zealous, over zealous...

9. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

That's what I'm thinking. I just hate not knowing if there is more to this or not. If there is no riddle here, then I feel like I'm wasting my time looking into it more. It could quite easily be "The Catalyst". I mean, Mike did say it was going to be "much simpler", and this is. Maybe we're just making it complicated.

10. thegame87

thegame87 Well-Known Member

I love the puzzles - Because when at the end of all this we get the album we can look back and think "how awesome" or something along those lines.
    What would you rather - they tell us they release the album in Sept and nothing between now and then OR these puzzles to keep us entertained and create "Hype" - I love. I am loving watching people work them out and for Mike/LP to respond. Its a bit of fun until down the track when the release some hard info on dates. But I hope they make us guess that aswell!

11. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I think we're overanalyzing things a bit. Unless I've missed something that debunks this, I think they're just slowly releasing the tracklisting.

12. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

I wouldn't care if it was solved already.
    Purely cos those lyrics look like part of the best they've ever written, so I'm excited enough.

13. Ophelia

Ophelia LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

My only other thought on it is that they are talking about Death. Other than that, I'm out of ideas.

14. dutchsoldier

dutchsoldier Well-Known Member

Don't know if anyone went this far yet ( and I didn't read back because it's frigging early right now! ) but I once heared about a important factor in making an A-bomb explode. Hence the former solution I thought it might be interesting to look into it:

Plutonium will not start a fast chain reaction by itself, but this difficulty is overcome by having a neutron source, a highly radioactive material that gives off neutrons faster than the Plutonium itself. In certain types of bombs, a mixture of the elements Beryllium and Polonium is used to bring about this reaction. Only a small piece is needed (super critical mass is about 32 pounds, though as little as 22 can be used). The material is not fissionable in and of itself, but merely acts as a catalyst to the greater reaction.

But then again....aw JUST GIVE US OUR ALBUM!!! ;)

15. OkamiSensei

OkamiSensei gas.mask.angel

Agreed with the bit about overanalyzing things, but I'm not so sure about them releasing a track listing.

16. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

I'm not insane!

Green Fairy, tell 'em I ain't crazy!

:whatthefuckdidido: "............"

See! I told you guys I wasn't mad!

I really like the word "Catalysis".

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  17. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Haha, as soon as I saw A Thousand Suns I thought they're just releasing the track list one by one, and now with this, it's even more obvious. The reason Mike said he don't know how many puzzles there will be is because he probably hasn't finalized the tracks for the album yet, or Mike saying 12 would be way too obvious they were song titles and he wants to keep us guessing.

18. youknowhu

youknowhu Well-Known Member

It seems kind of early for a track listing, if the album's released in September...

Dayumm, I'm preparing to be blown away when we can actually hear these lyrics over some good music.

19. lkiki13

lkiki13 Uhhh...

now that i think about it, that does make more sense than just figuring out phrases that are describing what the album may be about...

20. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

I think ye had a bit too much absinthe thar.

I doubt its the tracklisting. The Catalyst as a song title was one of the first things stated by 8,000 people -even before Mike blogged on it - and yet the puzzle wasn't declared solved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.