Let's simply appreciate

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by TRANSLYDE, Oct 14, 2009.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Win.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
    Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I appreciate the fact I don't slap myself in the face after trying to listen to Meteora all the way through and skipping every single track, every single time. Now if a song happens to come on the radio I'll be like hell yeah! I haven't heard this in AGES. Those were the days. And then I'd try to listen to the CD thinking it'd be awesome. But I'm always disappointed once I get that far. So I appreciate HT and M2M and look at Meteora as some kind of thing that, went bad. :lol:

But I'll always have a special place for that album. It's the very first brand new Album that I had ever bought. And It came from money that I had worked for for the first time and it was really special to me. xD.

hawk

I like Meteora, I don't see much wrong with it, its just the awesome song efficiency compared to the HT efficiency.

Bradyoactiv

Bradyoactiv The world is your Cloyster LPA VIP

It would've been interesting to see how Meteora would've turned out without Don Gilmore. Don't get me wrong, I love Meteora but it's simple and I'll always point the finger at Don Gilmore for that, because it seems he manages to simplify every band. Just look at Bullet For My Valentine's recent album, their riffs and lyrics have been incredibly simplified. Of course, maybe I'm wrong because some people just naturally write more simplistic stuff (I'm one of those people when I write) but when you compare the Figure.09 demo to the album version, I'd say I'm at least somewhat right.

hawk

Maybe it was a point in LP when they just did that.

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

I appreciate the songs that don't sound like HT. I never understood how anybody would LOVE this album. Even LP don't really say much about the album except for it being "HT pt 2". I agree about Hit the Floor being horrible. The song sounds forced and rapped by a mechanical Mike. The mixing sucks too. I know Chester hates this song. I hate it with him. Nobody's Listening is also so forced its annoying...and I that's why Mike wasn't rapping as much on M2M. He said it would just be forced. I totally appreciate that.

I do gotta say though, I know why they took the approach they did, and they've stated why, and their reasoning sucked.

Jacob

Jacob Guest

I'm surprised at the hate Meteora is getting; personally, it's my favorite album.

Now a lot of you say you don't like the lyrics or "that song was so easy to write, I could've written that in 5 minutes".

Well, I don't see what's wrong with a simple instrumental like Numb. Sure it uses one of the most common chord progressions but you shouldn't just claim that it's crap because of that, you're still allowed to think that it sounds good. And not all of the instrumentals are 'boring', I think Breaking the Habit is a masterpiece and Easier to Run has a great, unique chord progression.

And for people who think the lyrics are the most important part of a song, that's your own preference. But for me, I usually like songs because of the way they sound. And I think some of the songs actually have amazing lyrics. From the Inside would be at the top along with others such as Easier to Run, Breaking the Habit... I do think the lyrics for Numb are a bit 'emoish', but it's still a great song.

Some of you simply just don't like the album and that's perfectly fine. But it doesn't make sense to look at it so technically and rate it because of it's simplicity or how 'easy' it was to write. To break it down it's really just a matter of preference, you can't really say that the other two albums were better but that YOU liked them better. The only song that I don't really like from the album is Hit the Floor, and I think Session is great but Cure for the Itch was better. I think Meteora is an amazing album and it's very unique to anything else.

[/rant]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
    hawk

I like Meteora, I like all their albums and they each have a unique part to them.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I love Meteora. I think it has a great hip hop aspect to it, and I wish LP would just release B-Sides to the album already.

hawk

I would love for Linkin Park to have a one year break of music.
    Release an album with about 16 b-sides for all of their albums on it, and Mike works on more Fort Minor.
    That would be awesome.

Bradyoactiv

Bradyoactiv The world is your Cloyster LPA VIP

I love listening to Session because of the really pan effects, just thought I'd throw that out there.

hawk

Session was cool, its :awesome:

OkamiSensei

OkamiSensei gas.mask.angel

+1 <3
    Session is probably one of my favorite LP songs. *brick'd*

hawk

It is so cool.
    Listening now.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Of course it makes sense to analyse it that way if you want to. And obviously you're still allowed to like it if other people don't, but people also have perfectly valid reasons for not liking it.

colinreid

colinreid Well-Known Member

This was by far my favourite album.
    I have nothing else to say.

cstebila

cstebila an emerging paradigm

Really? It seems there's quite an array of b-sides, demo's, and other misc songs already. A break would seem counter to everything a fan could want, but hey, just an opinion :p

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I'm the kind of guy that doesn't care if they make 5 Hybrid Theories! I wish that the 'Linkin Park sound' was it's own genre with lots of bands trying to make it. Unfortunately, that's not happening. Therefore, I wouldn't mind more albums that sound like HT to make up for the lack of other bands sounding like LP. I guess then you could say HT wouldn't be special anymore but it'd be worth it to have lots of decent or maybe great cd's. HOWEVER, I also don't care if A Thousand Suns sounds completely different. I love LP and I'll support anything they do.

For the record: Meteroa is my second favorite album. HT is my favorite. M2M is awesome too.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

The thing is that a LOT of those B-Sides are hard to find for a lot of fans who don't have the time to look them up online, or don't want to pirate music around. I think it would be great if LP would finally give us a compilation of B-Sides (both released and unreleased) on a separate album to add to our LP collections.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

So true. I'm happy that the LPU released the Songs from the Underground CD. That gave me a chance to hear songs like And One, QWERTY and Dedicated in high quality and it got me hooked to the LPU. They should just say "Fuck it" and officially release the 8 demo track with She couldn't on it!