Mike Gives Details Regarding ATS & Album Length

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the11thdoctor

the11thdoctor Resident Time Lord

"There are no bad words, just bad intentions." - Kevin Smith

But anyway, Amazon has a PA and Clean version listed on the site... Though the sticker might just be printed on the back this time, hence no PA in the preorder pics... But who knows... Amazon might've just assumed it would be PA since MTM was... guess we'll have to wait til September (or at least til iTunes puts up their preorder) to find out!

2. Bloomy1992

Bloomy1992 Member

Come on what can be more serious than chocolate milk

3. WheresMyFckngFrappuccino?

WheresMyFckngFrappuccino? I ordered a frappuccino.

So we suck, cause we like something unique?

4. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I notice Mike said it'll contain some of the best beats they've ever made, yet I've heard nothing of the lyrics. But if The Catalyst is anything to go by and like most singles, one of the weakest songs off of the album then I assume that we're all in for a real treat. I'm really excited!

5. Noodles

Noodles Active Member

So back on topic, This album is going to FU*KING RULE!

6. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

You've received a warning for continuing the argument. We are serious when we say we want the arguments to stop in this thread. Because of the fact it's a warning there is no points, however the next time there will be. Stay on topic.

7. erasus

erasus Well-Known Member

WTF madness...the closer we get the crazier people become

8. Derek

Tell me about it. It's as if someone flipped on the loony switch.

9. linkinlovprk

linkinlovprk Lpfuse refugee

The fans are just demonstrating the power of A Thousand Suns... hehehe

10. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Wait until "The Catalyst" leaks. I.Q. levels are going to drop faster then the Stock Market Crash of 1929.

11. heavenscalamity

heavenscalamity Well-Known Member

I highly doubt it's going to leak. Figure the ATS preorders will get it on Sunday and that will be the "leak."

12. erasus

erasus Well-Known Member

I'm scared lal :D ... its gonna get crazy

13. Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

I am glad Mike is putting emphasis that he's rapping. I will still hold my little lighter of faith and hope this isn't what I was debating earlier in another thread.

Thanks for the news though :).

14. VorteXLP

VorteXLP Cheetas strapped to space rockets.

This album's gonna be so great, that they have to come up with a new definition to describe its awesomeness.

15. Dismantle

Dismantle First person to create a 'Robot Boy' Remix

I can see where your cominrom - however:

if you ask Adults over 30-50 years of age, i bet:
    10% of them would have never heared of linkin park
    80% would have heared of them, But not they're music
    and the remaining 10% who have heared of them/heared theyre music would say they liked linkin park

The 90% of adults havn't given Linkin Park a chance, So they can't say they 'hate' something they havn't heared of.

BTW i've seen people get warning for arguements about this, I am 100% not arguing, genuinely just joined in this chat to just show people that linkin park arent disliked, they're just not that well known to the older group.

16. Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

The comparisons and arguments just need to come to an end. While I understand side a) point of the argument (as I've become a bigger Iron Maiden fan than a Linkin Park fan) you are comparing apples to oranges. Metal is a more "mechanical" form of rock music. Not trying to make linkin park sound "godly" but Linkin Park is more of a technology based band. They are so smart, they were one of the few to release their content on DVD-A. Anyone that's heard that DVDA in a 5.1 system would know the true raw power linkin park can lay to the table.

Yes, there's a certain percentage that hasn't heard this power because we as humans get accostume to what we like first and refuse to change. The gods of the prior rock refuse to pass on the torch to the new generation because Linkin Park heavily relies on electronics to produce their sound. And haters gotta hate. Linkin Park has swag that no other band can produce, if anything others have copied but they cannot emulate the craft that is them.

Now from a "technical" musical stand point, yes linkin park is consider "Trash" it's crap. It's "horrible music" but that definition will soon change as CD audio make transitions to a more spacious format that's cheaper, probably DVD-A players will come or a new format that encompasses 24bit audio and is able to harness 5.1 quality in 2 tiny headphones. Linkin Park is a band ahead of it's time in that department. And until the day technology plays catch up, they will look like little kids with guitars, trying to be a rock band to the rest of the world.

Anyone ever see that episode of South Park when the kids try to change the definition of "Fag" to just super annoying douchebag than the old common reference being that you were a homosexual?

Well is sorta like that. Rock music is going to take one more turn again right now. Everyone from the 90s and 80s keeps complaining that there's "no good rock" out there. But there is, it's just growing up :). I am putting money this is what Mike is referring too. Just watching Lil Wayne and Eminem trying to breach that gap to rock, it's only a matter of time (I am hoping Mike get's as skilled at them) becaused i'd love to hear LP's rock and instrumental abilities with a rapper that has the caliber of wayne or eminem (preferrably eminem)

If you want to see what I am talking about, go listen to Eminem - Space Bound.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  17. Noodles

Noodles Active Member

Mike already came up with a new word, but he can't say it because everytime he does, somewhere in the world a kitten will explode. Seriously though, I couldn't agree with you more. This album is going to be epic.

18. lp_mohd

lp_mohd Banned

where is the remix of the Catalyst??

19. Derek

Please be careful about using the word fag on here. I realize you were using it in a non offensive context, but we try to avoid usage of that word altogether on here.

20. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

We can cuss and stuff but can't use the fa* word on here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.