Another Linkin Park Interview

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Mike and Brad conducted an interview with the Swedish newspaper Experessen. You can check out the translation below.

Linkin Park: Key is that we are satisfied

An exclusive chat with two of Linkin Park's founders, Brad Delson and Mike Shinoda, both 33, on the Sunset Marquis hotel rock in Los Angeles.

They sit reclined on a sofa with his feet on the table, two California-ordinary guys in jeans and sneakers, who jokes that they so far have only received one positive comment by the journalists who have listened to the disc.

Are you nervous about reviews?
    - No, it's not much you can do. You can not control. The important thing is that we are satisfied, says Brad.

Mike Shinoda is the producer of the album - along with the legendary Rick Rubin, who previously worked with greats like Johnny Cash, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Metallica.
    Had a clear vision.

- Several of the band did not want to bring in some other producer because we had such a clear vision of what the album would be, "says Mike.

- I did not think we would work with Rick from the beginning, but during our first meeting, he came directly with several good ideas.

14 years, after the band was founded, most of the band married and has children.
    Is there a difference between now and then?

- Our emotional energy has changed after we got married and had children, said Brad Delson, guitarist in the band.

- Our emotional energy is different, explains Brad, but says that touring is never easy.

- Some are made for it. Some love to be out there. But I do not think any of us do, says Mike, but stresses that they still like the performances. Some partying will not travel - even in ordinary cases, for that matter.

- When I was little I thought the festival was to dance and eat, but my mom said "no, it means that you'll be drinking alcohol," says Brad himself a teetotaler.

You have many Swedish fans. What do you think of Sweden?

- Was not that where we said that we felt uncomfortable that everyone was so nice? In some places, you feel just so damn ugly because there is so much beautiful people around. It is not even subjectively, it is a fact, says Mike.

Linkin Park's new single "The Catalyst" is released August 2.

Source: Expressen via Dark_Ganon

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Good, classy guys. I completely respect their changes and their motivation to make new music in terms of lyrics and sound. Honestly, to me it seems awkward to listen to fully grown men with families sing songs like One Step Closer or Lying From You. They're much more mature now, and I could see them phasing those songs out of their live performances altogether as years go on. Not saying that's likely going to be true on this upcoming tour, but assuming their career lasts for years to come (which I pray it does), their older songs just wouldn't suit them anymore.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

That's the whole interview?

The Candidate

The Candidate Well-Known Member

lol

YEah the people are blond, with blue eyes, tall and strong :):):):)

Joe

Yep. It seems the interviewer was more interested in how they were doing than getting details on A Thousand Suns. Oh well, if anybody Swedish can give me a better translation I'd appreciate it. Pretty odd interview, but thought people might like to read it anyway.

evulture

evulture Banned

Interesting thing to note is that the received just one positive interview from the journalists :S

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

Linkin Park is a perfect example of a band that is evolving . You can't make the same music it gets worn out. New LP ftw, Although i wish there was a parallel universe where they stuck to the Hybrid Stuff lol, Just curiosity.

Shayan86

Shayan86 Well-Known Member

"In some places, you feel just so damn ugly because there is so much beautiful people around. It is not even subjectively, it is a fact"

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

He is right though, Swedish people are really good looking :)

VorteXLP

VorteXLP Cheetas strapped to space rockets.

Haha, nice interview. It's funny how Mike likes Swedish (and I think also other European) people. EUROPE FTW!

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Not the most exciting interview ever...but it's always fun to read about LP regardless!

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

All these interviews today....not helping XD

Joe

It seems like they had a media day, so I'd expect a few more to appear in the next few days.

DanieLight

DanieLight [Link In Park]

cooooool !,pretty short but nice interview. feelS kind of special to me reading this because ... IM from SWEDEN!!, hell yeah. ""You have many Swedish fans. What do you think of Sweden?- Was not that where we said that we felt uncomfortable that everyone was so nice? In some places, you feel just so damn ugly because there is so much beautiful people around. It is not even subjectively, it is a fact, says Mike."" hahahaha epic, wish they could play in sweden in the "Globen " arena again, that was the best

The iSCREAM

The iSCREAM Active Member

LOL hahaha what an awesome interviews xD.. i love all of those question especially the answers lol

DanieLight

DanieLight [Link In Park]

the translation is as good as it can be i think, i checked.

MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

This is scary stuff....
    This reminds me of Minutes to Midnight before its release.....

I don't know about all of you but when I listen to Linkin Park, I rarely put in M2M. It's 95% of the time Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Change is good but it better be change the fans can deal with. I'm glad LP likes it but its the rest of us that want to buy it.

thor

thor Well-Known Member

i hope that they would release an unreleased track from ATS on 8 bit rebellion.

Dark_Ganon

Dark_Ganon Well-Known Member

A lot of swedish newspaper are like this. Focusing more on the non musical side of music, kinda..

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

It was too early back then, they hadn't even been close to finishing the album back then.

VorteXLP

VorteXLP Cheetas strapped to space rockets.

D'oh, they can update the game at any time ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.