Another Linkin Park Interview

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    linkinlovprk

linkinlovprk Lpfuse refugee

Like they said they would.. but never did :(

ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

So the swarm of interviews has begun!

Excellent! I love interviews. These seem to be pretty candid too, which is nice.

EagleMorph

EagleMorph Well-Known Member

Well then you're in for a world of disappointment. From another interview today:

“The music we make now is the result of putting pressure on ourselves to make something unique. We hope we no longer sound like the same band we were (when we started) because that is exactly what we didn’t want to occur during our career,” said Bennington.

Hybrid Theory and Meteora are the past. The band is headed in a new direction now.

MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

I repeat..."Change is good"....."But it better be change the fans can deal with."

M2M has sold around 12 million at this point....That's conservatively 40% less than Meteora and 60% less than Hybrid Theory.

I'm all for change....I just hope it's good change and not the change we heard on M2M...The numbers speak for themselves.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

That comparison isn't fair in the least. During the Hybrid Theory and Meteora era the music business was just beginning it's transformation into what's it's become today, which is STILL evolving. Back then Torrents and P2P and Itunes were barely even heard of. I can guarantee you if such things were widely popular in 1999-2001 both Hybrid Theory and Meteora would have sold significantly less albums. So you have to understand the assessment here and it's actually a logical one that is very easy to grasp. Number of album sales do not equal to the amount of quality of an album, especially today and in the music business.

It's a whole new world, that's getting newer by the minute.

Firefly

Firefly Well-Known Member

Not everyone dislikes their change. I like their old stuff a lot, but just when I'm mad or agressive. I listen to M2M more often because it fits my everyday life better but isn't TOO common like most of the radio shit. And imo their new stuff is more creative and they watch out for the world around them (and us) more than mostly describing their own feelings like in HT and Meteora. I love songs like Hands Held High, What I've Done and The Little Things Give You Away that are kind of related to things happening in the world.
    And they don't just lose some fans that only like their old stuff. Several friends of mine don't like their old stuff that much or just a few songs, but love their new work.

And I like the interview. Even if it's short it's nice!
    I have swedish relatives btw... but I'm not blond ;)

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Maybe if you could say what you didn't like about M2M your point would come across more. You can't just say it hasn't sold as much thus it isn't good. Are you saying you want more rap but still in a different way somehow?

Saoberlinwaves

Saoberlinwaves Banned

For God's sake do a damn english interview for once LOL... seriously Mike if you're reading this, please consider it hahaha

akira

akira Banned

*sniff sniff* I smell another MTM-like disappointment.

Linkin Park is digging their own grave. Stick to what you're good at.

Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

One positive comment. :(

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

lol it says they were JOKING about receiving one positive comment so don't take it seriously!

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Maturing as a band and not sounding like the same band from 10 years ago? Not listening to fans that cant grow up with the band and instead stay stuck in 10 years ago? Continuing to work on becoming substantial musicians on their road to longevity? I agree Linkin Park, keep doing that!

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

What the heck? How can someone use sales as an argument as to what is good and what isn't? Some crap sells a lot, some great stuff doesn't sell at all.

Plus MTM came out in 2007, as opposed to the early 2000's like the other two albums. People stopped buying albums and started just downloading them. Sales don't say a damn thing. MTM sold more copies it's first week than many albums sell at all now-a-days.

Dismantle

Dismantle First person to create a 'Robot Boy' Remix

Derek, are you getting a little bored and frustrated with these people who are complaining about linkin park sounding 'different'... I thought it was a fair opinion at first a few days ago, but it's getting a little repetitive, you tell somebody who moans 'LP making new sound is good' and then another person moans...and it's...personally it bores me.

Noodles

Noodles Active Member

If you don't like MTM, that's fine. If you decide that you don't like ATS, that's fine. Stop complaing that they won't sound a certain way to please a small group of people who won't grow up. Nu-Metal Linkin Park has been dead for years. You need to accept that and move on.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

yeah that is so boring and it's not just on LP forums, you get the same comments on LP youtube vids and their facebook page etc. I actually can't read the comments on there because it really irritates me how close-minded some people are.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'm all for opinions. I totally welcome free speech and people saying what they feel, but I have to admit that it's a little incredulous for people to want the band to continue to write juvenile angsty lyrics, at the risk of sounding trite/cliched, and to hang on to a sound from 7 years ago just to please them. The band only made Meteora a copy of HT because of label and fan pressure. It was never the band's intention to stay the same sounding band their entire career, and Chester's recent quotes suggest that. "A Thousand Suns" is the band being who they always wanted to be, and some people just need to accept that.

Saoberlinwaves

Saoberlinwaves Banned

Not only is Nu-metal not nearly as popular now as it was 7-8 years ago, and the VAST majority of LP fans do NOT want another HT/Meteora since most of us have also matured in our musical tastes since then, BUT the band themselves is not at that point anymore and has moved on to something better, deeper, and more mature. Whether you love Minutes to Midnight or hate it, you cannot argue that in terms of music, song structure, lyrics, and overall maturity, it is a much better album than the previous two. Not saying the songs are better, or the hooks are more infective, or the riffs are better, but the album itself is more of an "album" than just 12 nu-metal songs that sound mostly the same and are 3 minutes long.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Seriously, you just have to accept the fact that this won't be Hybrid Theory. If it was, it would be amazing for about a month. Then it would get old fast. M2M was one step in the right direction. ATS will probably be a giant leap if LP executes right.

I would definitely welcome back some more rapping from Mike which I'm sure you want too. Although the Mike/Chester/Mike/Chester days are over. And I'm content with that.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
    ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

That was an...odd interview to say the least. And it made it sound like they do not enjoy touring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.