Medal of Honor/The Catalyst Trailer Released

Discussion in 'News' started by Kæton, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Yeah and we've also heard them a million times by now so I was a little disappointed there was almost no new lyrics.

2. erasus

erasus Well-Known Member

and lets not forget ...we've been listening to these same lyrics forever now ...with all the snipets and remixes ...

3. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

I pretty much got a earorgasm the second time i heard it lol!

The lyrics are a little repetitive, but not really annoying in my opinion.
    I think it was a good choice to a single, and now i cant wait for the album
    Believe me this isn't gonna be the best song on the album, this is just like a KICKOFF

First time we heard OSC we just throught that LP was the new LB, but we were WROOOONNGGGG

4. Asua

Asua Well-Known Member

I'm predicting that most of the haters here will change their minds after a few listens. It always happens, it's inevitable

5. El Muerto

One Step Closer sounded nothing like Limp Bizkit to me.

6. TheKillerBlue

TheKillerBlue "This Guy"

I'll wait for the full version before criticizing.

7. lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

i listen to it over 3 h.
    again and again....

8. Neza

Neza Member

This is EPIC!

This is so much different from what we've heard so farr. I actually like how band developes his sound. It's amazing. And this is not a sound of Techno. Techno sound's different. This is Linkin Park mixing electronica and rock. And there is no name for that genre. This is totaly genre busting.

I've expected something different from them...maybe not in that way. But there is something for all the haters: This isn't a full song, wait till tomorrow. :D

Lift me up, let me go is my best part of the Catalyst for now. But I'm gonna wait to hear the full song. I consider myself as a hard core Linkin Park fan. And even if they go making music like Backstreet boys I won't be able to hate them. Not really :D

9. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Yeah, I guess that's the gamble LP took by doing the remix contest, that by the time the full track was released people would be bored with it. I'm not but I think it hasn't had the same impact on some people had it have been their first full listen of anything "The Catalyst".

10. UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

I'm waiting for the full version of it, without the sounds/voices of the trailer, specially added for MoH

11. Shark Attack

Shark Attack Well-Known Member

I love it...

Fuck what anyone else thinks

12. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

This.

13. Asua

Asua Well-Known Member

So, what part of this track sounds proggy? :huh:

14. xerebusx

xerebusx Member

Is It Just Me Or Does The Tempo Of The Track Seem A Bit Sped Up As Compared To The Clips That Have Been Heard? And It Also Doesn't Sound As Deep Or As Complete As The Samples Sound. (The Vocals In The Samples Sound A Bit More Edited And Harmonic)

15. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

That was just one guys opinion, and he probably didn't mean it as in the genre. He probably used it to describe the build up and climax to the track, for lack of a better word.

16. Bruno

Bruno Each word gets lost in the echo...

it's very clear the track has been speeded up and some parts where cut (beginning of the chorus, joe's scratches, etc), and I actually think we already have an epic track, when we get the full version it will be even better.

Completely different from everything I've heard before, but man, this is awesome! Just waiting now for the full one.

edit: the last part is so insane, can't even describe it omg!

17. Cyanide

Cyanide 1989

I meant progressive as in there are no specific verses, it has an unusual structure and it builds up differently. Plus there is an ending that's completely different to the first half of the song. But it can't really be categorized as progressive rock, nor progressive electronica.

18. El Muerto

It Is So Hard To Type When You Capitalize Every Word :)

19. Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

Agreed. It's a damn shame too. There are some good parts in here that could have been mined to make a better song.

Pros:

- The part of the breakdown from 2:31-2:37 was really intriguing. If only they built on that.
    - Lift me up, let me go is pretty solid. I just wish when Chester comes in over Mike, he'd change the note that he holds on the second repeat of the "Lift me up, let me go' to a higher one.
    - Lyrically, it's pretty solid.
    - The backing guitar from 1:50-2:01 is nice.

Cons:

- I don't like that electric drum.
    - I understand that the distorted effect on the vocal is to fit the song, but I still don't like it.
    - I really don't like that electric drum.
    - Musically, nothing about it stands out to me outside of the parts I mentioned under 'Pros'. It's just there. That's pretty big for me.

The first two things I thought when I finished listening to this:

1) That's a shame. There are a couple of small parts in here that could have been made into a great song. Just seems wasted.
    2) Wow. I miss What I've Done. I hope ATS doesn't make me miss MtM.

To reference, I love HT and Meteora. I could pop in Meteora into the CD player today, and while I care even less for the lyrics now then I did back in the day, the music is catchy and the guys really knew how to make something that was pleasing to the ear. It's not the fact that it was nu metal; it was the fact that it was good (that's to curb the wave of people who may want to suggest "growing out of the HT/Meteora phase". Sorry, I've always been more of a music guy than a lyric guy, and seeing how lyrics were a big downfall on those albums, musically, those albums are great and nice to hear. And I'm a big fan of Muse as well, and they make much more complex music than what was given to us on HT/M, so I do know what complex music sounds like. The Catalyst isn't really doing it for me like that.)

The issue with MtM was, while some of the songs ended up being alright, it was very disappointing because I knew these guys could do so much more with each of these songs. After hearing this, it is scaring me more than ATS will be less relevant to me than MtM was. It is only one song, but it is still one song off this album, and for whatever part this one song represents, I am quite disappointed right now.

20. The iSCREAM

The iSCREAM Active Member

AWESOME.. finally i can hear the catalyst clearly... O.O
    But actually i'm not really excited, so far the sounds is pretty good, but i prefer the last part from the whole song lol, the part when chester said Lift me up.... Let me go... til the end of the song. that'z my opinion.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.