Medal of Honor/The Catalyst Trailer Released

Discussion in 'News' started by Kæton, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

This is going to be one of those songs that sounds better live. It just has that feel to it.

That said, I don't like it. I support Linkin Park going in different directions, because I don't want another HT, Meteora and MTM, but this isn't the direction I was hoping for. Since I didn't like "Somewhere I Belong" and "What I've Done" as first singles, "The Catalyst" is going to join those songs and I'm going to hope that the rest of the new album is nothing like this.

2. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

AAAHHHH GIMME GIMME GIMME

3. lp_mohd

lp_mohd Banned

i think 2day was realy bad day 4 lp fan xD
    first the pre-order ,then the video it will be out in 26th and The Catalyst was not good enough 4 some of the fans not all of us
    heheheh bad realy bad day 4 me

4. Shayan86

Shayan86 Well-Known Member

I'm still standing by what I said earlier today, I will reserve any judgements regarding the song until I hear the full version.

5. @LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

I agree. You can just feel that there is something extremely powerful built into this song at that point. I'm super excited for it. Like I've said in previous posts, I've never been so torn. At first I thought I was going to hate this song and album and I stepped back and gave it a fresh perspective and now I'm loving it. I can't wait to hear the song in it's entirety. The really think the editing in the trailer doesn't do it justice at all and people should reserve judgment for the full, unedited single, but hell, even from the trailer, I am impressed. I welcome this new and fresh version of Linkin Park.

6. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I do know that the band deliberately went unexpected with this single. They wanted to do something risky that many people wouldn't expect as a first single.

So I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the album is 110% different than this song.

7. kenvy

kenvy Active Member

I hear some voices that sound like a mix of CHester and Mike, except it's only one voice o_O what if it's Phoenix singing? lol

8. pugofdoom10

pugofdoom10 Member

Would you kindly knock it the hell off?
    I know your entitled to your opinion, but whenever you share an opinion, it's always so inconceivable pompous and ignorant.
    LP doesn't give a flying f*** what you, or any other of their "HARDCORE FANZ" think. Sure, they'd love you to like their music, but they've said in various interviews that this album is what THEY want to make. This album is filled with music THEY are happy with.

"Lesson of the day, stick to what you're good at."
    Do you understand artists? Go listen to some crappy band that puts out the same album every time.
    I respect a band like Linkin Park who has the balls to put out an album that's essentially a big middle finger to people like you. Not a middle finger to their fans, but to people who try to repress artists and tell them "Oh no, don't do that, I don't like it, and all my buddies don't either. Do what we want, you're get more money."

Stop whining. It's not helping, and you just look like a child.
    They're not changing their style for anyone other than themselves.
    Deal with it and grow up.

9. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I'm starting to believe the people who want another Hybrid Theory or Meteora have yet to grow up in life.

10. pugofdoom10

pugofdoom10 Member

Get out of here you f***ing troll. xD
    It's not that I'm even a huge fan of LP, but I respect them immensely, and you're just a sad little person.
    On a side note, I can't believe I'm feeding you. xDD

11. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

PUG: Like I said before. Please let us handle him. Your posts were useless because Akira hadn't posted in this thread for at least 2 pages.

12. @LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

You just officially posted my favorite comment of the year.

13. Cinemamonster

Cinemamonster Are you watching closely?

Great, now he's gonna stick to trolling for the rest of his life!

14. Niklas

Niklas BadaBinge LPA VIP

quote of the day. this puts all the bashing to the point. thank you for this :)

@topic: forever ends today. (metaphorically speaking, if today were tuesday already ;) )

15. Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

I agree. The dude is a professional troll. If you read the Limp Bizkit review comments you'll see the guy was kidding. He didn't have the album, it's way off from being released and he made up a review. I would be scared to see what Akira's music collection is like.

16. Bradyoactiv

Bradyoactiv The world is your Cloyster LPA VIP

Listen to the guy that listens to Dream Theater! No, seriously, if there's anybody that's going to know what's progressive and what isn't, it's people that listen to Dream Theater.

I actually quite like what I heard but I'm glad there's still more to the song yet.

17. steve12

steve12 Well-Known Member

hmmmm overeacting a bit, Akira may have a valid point we don't know for sure until this album is released and whether it will be a success, but LP I feel have a big enough fan base and followers that I deffenetly don't see them falling just yet. I can see Akiras point though, in a certain way

18. Polychromatic

Polychromatic Banned

Am I the only person who is saying this album will top Meteora? The Catalyst is musical genius. It is genre-busting, causing a stir, and simply a good song. Too many complaints.

EDIT - It blends rock with electronica while holding that LP flavor. Listen to the atmosphere of the song. It is brilliant.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  19. wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

I just saw the video and is OBVIOUS that is a protools-collage of some parts of the song, what i can figured out is that the intro will be the intro from behind the sounds video as i ve been saying ( but without the god bless us part and with the joe scratch) thats the part that nobodys know about the song i mean the begining, that is the part i expet to be different from the rest of the song i dont know if there will be verses ( i could bet there wont be ) but there ll be something that make this song worth, i mean the outro with chester screaming noone see that coming and is awesome sound great with the church-like chorus in the back of the song. So 5 more hours til 8:00 at Sydney prepare ourselves THE CATALYST is coming.

And out of topic i expect The requiem, Jornada del muerto and The messenger to be the short songs instrumental or not.
    In spanish Jornada (journey) means mourning or bereavement i mean the event, here in mexico we celebrate death on November 2th i think that song represents the bereavement of humanity because of the Nuclear Bombs. we are doomed.

BTW the catalyst to me sounds Meteora with MTM

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  20. Ant

Ant Ambient

Obviously I'm in the minority, but I absolutely love it. Don't really get the hate. It's different, but it still sounds great to me.

When a band releases a new song, I don't think "does this sound like them?", I think "does this sound good?" And, in my book, this sounds good. I'm not saying it's true for everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.