Let's simply appreciate

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by TRANSLYDE, Oct 14, 2009.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

The LPU Cds handle that well

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

yeah, but LPU Cds arent available to the general public, and most of those are hard to find :p

SecondCityKids

Best Buy sells them in store

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I think a b-side album would be nice. They would range from Hybrid Theory all the way to their latest upcoming album which would offer us a whole range of songs, some songs sound like Meteora and Minutes To Midnight. It would be a dream come true for old Linkin Park fans and sometimes you also get to find out other types of songs the band was working on.

Jeff

Not all of them though, they stop being available after awhile, and Best Buy isnt available everywhere

SecondCityKids

Well thebest buy near me they still have LPU 6,7,8

Jeff

ok, that still doesnt mean that is going to happen at all best buys

SecondCityKids

Just saying that they are out there. not impossible or unheard of that some one can get their hands on it off the internet

Jeff

Yeah, but im talking about something you can get at any retail store, not everyone has a credit card they can get a hold of to buy these releases online, or have a Best Buy around to get previous LPU releases.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

That has been established already. But there are thousands of LP fans that have HT, Meteora, and M2M but have no idea what they're missing with the lpu/b-sides. However, if LP announced on their official website that they are releasing a b-side album available everywhere, heck even on Itunes, it would give those people 20 or so new LP songs to listen to and higher quality versions of the b-sides for us to listen to. That would be so amazing!

LP4Hope

LP4Hope ROCK & ROLL!

I Don't See How So Many Of You People Love Trashing Meteora! For Gods Sake People! Meteora Has Great Songs! GREAT!
    My Favorites:
    From The Inside - I would die for this song, the lyrics are amazingly emotionally grabbing!
    Somewhere I Belong - How the f**** do you people find some of the lyrics horrible? The lyrics are simple, but elegant!
    Breaking The Habit - This is a song everyone needs to understand that this is real emotion!
    Numb - This is the Linkin Park song that made me fall in love with them!
    Faint - No Comment...simply good.

Study these songs like a bible! They have great things in them!

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

You just chose every single released off that album. :lol:

Jacob

Jacob Guest

QFT

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
    Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

DS- It was better when it was One Step Closer. Only good thing is the music.
    LFY-The beat and the chorus guitar are awesome and that's all
    HTF- Worst Linkin Park song ever
    NL- 2nd worse Linkin Park song
    F.09- almost there with NL, but it sounds less forced

half of the songs are bad, half the songs are good. That's why the nickname of the album is "Mediocre"

Jeff

[​IMG]

SamohtCela

SamohtCela The Only Thing That's Worse Than One is None

I love Meteora! I remember buying it the first day it came out. Took me a while to get used to the songs but after a while I loved them. Personal favorites of mine are: Don't Stay, Somewhere I Belong, Lying From You, Easier To Run, Figure 0.9, Breaking the Habit, Nobody's Listening, and Session.

hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

I am so surprised at how much everybody hates Meteora. While, HT is better, Meteora is a decent effort. ESPECIALLY compared with the complete lack of focus that is MTM. MTM lacks any kind of progression or theme, as well as consistency. You want an album full of b-sides? That's MTM imo. Listen to Nirvana's "Incesticide." Same thing. No focus or theme or consistency. Why's that? Because it's an album full of b-sides.

At least Meteora has a good flow and an actual theme, and some killer songs I'd want to bang my head to and get pumped up (Faint, LFY). MTM has no songs that make me feel the way LP's old music did. Nothing about it left me awestruck.

Xenogenesis

Xenogenesis Well-Known Member

Meteora has a special place in my heart, namely because I was hooked right into Linkin Park with "Numb" and "Breaking The Habit". It was also, in my opinion, Linkin Park's best music video era (Hybrid Theory had In The End and Crawling, but Papercut and One Step Closer didn't utilize nearly as much of their signature CGI/special effect music videos). Admittedly, it is pretty much a Hybrid Theory part 2; but that didn't matter to me very much. I can't blame the band or publishers to recreate that success and unique sound.

Though the problem with Meteora is that half of the songs were somewhat mediocre and the other half were good. Guitar riffs were just about the same as their debut album. There is also yes, a bit of overproduction, but then again, Linkin Park is and was always all about overproduction.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Probably, to be honest though you are going to get a really "consistent" album when the songs are as formulaic and derivative of themselves as a lot of the ones on Meteora are. :p I suppose if MTM has problems with flowing and being consistent, Meteora is nearer to the other end of that scale but not completely in a good way, in my opinion at least.

I can agree with that but, while it's one thing to have a polished sounding album which is what Hybrid Theory and MTM are, Meteora really is overproduced in my opinion. They might as well have not had a bass player for that album, and there's the vocal layering as well which pretty OTT at times.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  20. hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

While I get what you're saying, there's no reason why these songs are in this order: Given Up - LOATR - BIO - SOTD.
    Talk about momentum killer.

I have never looked at MTM as an album. I've always just looked at the separate songs, and it's because it doesn't FEEL like an album when I listen to it straight through.

Unlike the HTEP, HT, Reanimation, and Meteora.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010