The Catalyst Out Now!

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

That's exactly right.

2. Jalie

Jalie Antebellum Cecity

Absolutely!

For me, it's like a poem that changes my perspective on the words with every time they are being repeated. It's like growing up while looking at a beautiful picture - with changing perspectives you discover different facets of the same thing. I find this song a very interesting journey to some place far away while circling around itself :)

3. Shayan86

Shayan86 Well-Known Member

I think Electronic Rock is the best way to describe it.

4. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

it just so epic

5. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

There is definitely something prog-ish about it. The arrangement perhaps?

6. LP2010

LP2010 New Member

I still haven't received The Catalyst in my email yet and I pre-ordered the CD/DVD on July 26th. Can anyone tell me what's wrong? Or has anyone experienced this?

7. lpeinstein

lpeinstein Active Member

Speaking to those about the live performance, this song has the potential to turn into just about anything they want. Most notably, I think this is a great basis for a full-on extended solo from Joe in the middle and maybe from Rob towards the end. By making the lyrical structure they did, focus is put (I believe) on the instrumental portion of the song. The actual lyrics are somewhat limited in numbers but not in depth. You thought the extended 'No More Sorrow' intro to a show was a smoldering volcano ready to erupt, wait till this thing explodes as the first track of the night.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  8. cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

yea the ending gave me tha goose bumps, Lift me up, let me gooo !!! It's the return of MR HAHN ,, BOOM!!

9. lp_mohd

lp_mohd Banned

there is somthing i do every time i listen to new song
    i try to sing the song or read the lyrics with the song
    do this guy's u will love the new songs soo fast

10. shannan3388

shannan3388 ShAnNaN

totally agree...

11. wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

i am really surprised of how fast the song passes like it flyes, when i listen to it it loos like it were a 3 minute song
    my review 8/10

the only thing i dont like about the song is in the synth solo part it sounds a lot like new divide 2:55 to 3:00

And it rocks it will be sound great on my car

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  12. Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

Would anybody be interested in starting a Google wave analysis of the song with me? It seems that this song is heavy on metaphor and symbolism so it might be fun to pick it apart.

I'm not going to review it based on stylistic elements, I like the song now I want to figure out why it is the way it is. At this level of production mistakes don't happen, they put it together this way for a reason.

13. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I actually think this song would be an amazing end to a show aswell. It ends on such an epic note, at this point I can't really imagine anything else proceeding it (unless of course there's something even more epic on ATS).

14. Sander

Sander New Member

I pre-ordered the whole album (Deluxe Edition) on the US iTunes Store. But i got charged for the single, i don't have 14,99 dollar anymore. Do i still get the album now ?

15. SKaRR*oKi

SKaRR*oKi Everything.Falls.Apart

SAY WHAAAAAAA!!!!

i actually made an account to reply to this. you can't be serious? i don't want to have to illegally download this song just to get it on my phone. They are gonna miss out on a lot of sales if they do this surely.

PLEASE ASK THEN NOT TO DO THIS TO ME!! :'(

16. Saoberlinwaves

Saoberlinwaves Banned

I love the direction the song indicates the band is taking, but the song itself just leaves something to be desired.... the song really is lacking any sort of good hook... the song itself is fantastic but I feel like the beginning should have had different vocals going on than the built up part of the song... it didn't build to anything really because the vocals never change... if ya know what I mean... there needed to at least be a bridge or something... well that's just my constructive criticism

17. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I just listened to it twice: I fucking love it.

Last night I was reading about people saying how they wouldn't continue to support LP for the sake of being LP if this song sucked. I thought about it, and I tried to think of a time I was ever really let down by one of their songs. Save the mediocrity of In Between, I've never been let down by a Linkin Park song. So I had complete faith in this song, and once again the boys delivered.

The intro is awesome. Starting slow, then gradually adding pieces in. Mike starts his part. Electro drums. BAM. Chester belts out his part. This structure is perfect as the song goes on and they introduce the new synth after the first "chorus" piece. And the breakdown is absolutely orgasmic. This is why I love this band. Linkin Park is unlike ANY other band and they're god damn amazing at what they do. Their electronic sounds and scratching are a fundamental part of who they are, and I love to see them incorporating it in fresh ways. Like the breakdown in New Divide for example. The Catalyst is definitely a song worthy of at least a 9/10 in my opinion. Whether it's Top 5 material or not is questionable, but I absolutely love this song. My confidence in their new album never wavered, and hearing this song makes me proud to have been a loyal fan for the last 10 years.

Bravo LP. 9.14.10.

EDIT: Oh, and I don't see how it's possible to not get complete chills listening to the end. Beautiful.

18. LP2010

LP2010 New Member

Okay seriously!!! I pre-ordered the CD/DVD and I still don't get The Catalyst before everyone else. WTF!!! It should be in my e-mail but it's not. But yet it's on iTunes...

19. Geoff

Geoff Hipster Kitty

awesome song! i love the build up to when the synth's come in, and its just so good i loves it :) plus now mr hahn will have something to do at the concerts :p

20. cstebila

cstebila an emerging paradigm

Sorry if its already been answered, but how long is the official track? Your version, not what Wikipedia says.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.