The Catalyst Lyrics Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Avenged Sevenfold put Nightmare and Buried Alive up as lyric videos first as well.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Yeah, that's what I thought of when I saw this. The Deftones ones were much better looking though to be honest, not that it matters much.

Hellions

Hellions Banned

FUUUUUUUCK WHAT DID I MISS?!

Serj Tankian also did/is doing the same thing with two songs off his new album.

I like how this video uses literal pictures alongside the lyrics at some points, like especially in the very beginning. It's unintentionally humorous to me. :p

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

Espn just played the clip for like 2 seconds thou o_0

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

'Repeatable'? There's are two verses, and each one is performed twice, and there's a chorus, which happens two or three times. You may as well call every Linkin Park song 'repetitive', 'cause those tricks are hardly new. :"

And we're not sellouts just because we like the song.

mellow

mellow Active Member

to be a true fan of Linkin Park you have to hate their music. Don't ya know?

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I love the song and all but you can't say it's NOT repetitive. They say "God Bless Us everyone..." 7..8 times? That's a lot. Same with Chester's "Bleed into the sky" verse.

But I don't care. I'm just saying you can't say it's not repetitive.

MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

You may be right on a few things here but you're definitely not right with your first sentence. The genre of music LP played, call it what you want, in 2003 is what sold more records for them. It's this same genre of music that LP has moved away from and precisely why album sales have slipped since 2003. Minutes to Midnight, to date, has sold 40% less than Meteora and 60% less than Hybrid Theory. Granted M2M has been out on shelves less than the other 2 albums but the numbers still add up to show less people are interested in LP's move from the "genre" of music that made them popular. I strongly feel that if by some miraculous chance "A Thousand Suns" had the old LP genre of music in it, it would surpass M2M album sales within a year. The old genre is far from stale and the only thing not bright about this is the move away from the genre of music that will sell more Cd's. It doesn't make much business sense but then again it's LP's decision that as they get older so does their music....something we have to live with, however good or bad we feel it may be.

Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

It looks as though there is ATS artwork in the video. Try stopping the video frequently near the end to see what I mean. At 4:35 you can see what looks like an octopus fighting some type of bird. There's an insanely quick montage of clips right before they say thank you. Its tough to catch, but look for it.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

This song isn't repetitive in my opinion. The music is constantly changing all the way through, sure the lyrics DO repeat, but repeating lyrics and a repetitive song are two different things. The way that no section of the song is the same is what makes this track so successful, and in my opinion, has to be one of the least repetitive songs they have because of it's unconventional verse / chorus method.

I think album sales isn't a good representation of which direction the band should take and what is successful for the band. That logic is flawed based on so many other factors we have to account for when determining album sales. Piracy was at a height it had never been at when MTM was released, and isn't something that should be ignored. Sure, they probably still would have sold more records with HT & Meteora, but people change musical tastes and lose interest in bands all the time, I don't think it's down to the content on the album in some cases. LP were around when that genre was hot, people grew up and lost interest, whilst failing to realize LP had too. I also think Linkin Park don't really care how commercially received their album is, as long as it is liked by a core group of fans. They have admitted themselves that they will never top HT, and in this day and age, it is probably impossible to do so.

Benjamin

That's all I was trying to say (what I bolded in the quote). I 100% agree with everything you just said :lol:. I was just stating that the lyrics repeat. I didn't mean to come across as the song as a whole feeling repetitive.

UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

The lyric video's effect in the...Lift Me Up part? Or somewhere is amazing.
    YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIKE THE NEW LINKIN PARK
    YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIKE THE CATLYST
    YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIKE A THOUSAND SUNS

Vic

Vic No game no life

Absolutely not :)

Benjamin

No, I don't know.

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

I like this song more than WID, i really love the ending "stoned" lmao, i hope i can listen to this album sober:sweating:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
    the enigma

the enigma The Routine Scar

Joe, far too much to quote, I think, but even so, you are a voice of reason in these troubled times.

The problem with LP changing be so willing to change is that so many people aren't. Nu-metal is dead, and the only other band categorized as "nu-metal" back in the day that has still kept the same general style is Korn. Limp Bizkit died off (Durst still lives though) and Papa Roach's style has changed over the years too.

I guess the point is, nu-metal doesn't really exist anymore, but some people don't want to let go of their old ways. Like Juggalos or Celine Dion fans.

Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

I love how if you don't like the song, it's because you "can't let go of nu-metal".

Cripes.

mellow

mellow Active Member

I was being sarcastic.;) I am just tired of people thinking by dissing new linkin park it shows that there some how a hardcore fan. goes with any any band. Just look at youtube comments. so many wankers saying 'such and such' band was their favorite band, then dissing any new music they put out since their first CD. Get me?

MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

Piracy was at no bigger height during M2M than it was during HT and Meteora. If you find data to back that up I would be anxious to see it. Also Itunes, if anything, should actually help raise the sale of M2M as its popularity has increased since HT and Meteora making purchasing music all the more easier. My point I'm making is that the genre is not dead...there are many fans eager to have the void of that genre filled and the sales numbers I gave were to support that. I realize that ultimately it's the bands decision on the direction they go....I simply wish it was back to the HT and Meteora days after assessing the success of M2M.

iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

lol i wonder if LP never changed would nu-metal would still be dead?

And please stop arguing about sale records and when piracy was at highest. If you really wanna compare HT&Meteora to M2M just look at record charts. Meteora DOMINATED HT&M2M. It is known as the most successful record on modern mainstream rock charts.... Bamm argument done

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.