The Catalyst Lyrics Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hybrid.theory7

hybrid.theory7 Well-Known Member

cool two infractions in one day . btw i have nothing against the song the catalyst after about thirty listens i really like the song
    if people call meteora a clone of hybrid theory,then what about new divide it was almost a clone of 'What Ive done'

2. hybrid.theory7

hybrid.theory7 Well-Known Member

(my post is off topic please dont ban me)i turned on the TV i heard some of to-days songs of justin beiber (correct me if the spelling is wrong)and some other artists 'The Catalyst' is years better than those songs.according to me music isnt as good as it used to be ten years ago in all genres. in pop britney spears is replaced by miley cyrus
    rock is almost dead.eminem is also not as good as before .green day is not punk anymore.nu metal is replaced by emo ,change is shocking but we have to get used to it .so 'The Catalyst'is a really good song.
    LP FOREVER

3. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

God, i was shocked about the Fake Bill Cosby News :(

I love the catalyst, but it hurts to look
    at reviews on the German iTunes or Amazon-Sites.
    I have no problem with people that don't
    like it but when they try to Spread

false information and Claim they are Fans...
    Examples: what is with Chesters Voice in the beginning, the Band don't wanna hear Mikes Raps so He should leave or the Track is Not that good because a Guy named nobrains Worked with them on the mixing...

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  4. ana

ana anaPHX LPA VIP

Insomnia made me doing this. This is just a preview; I havent done the last 4mins yet :p (dunno If I will..)

[video=vimeo;13878600]http://vimeo.com/13878600[/video]​

5. ana

ana anaPHX LPA VIP

I just read them. Well I understand them. It is pretty much a slap in a fan's face but well I was as angry as them at the beginning too, but to me the catalyst is just a faux pas and every band does mistakes.
    To me its a good song, but not a single, especially not the first single off a new album. Because normally its the preview of how the album will sound, and I totally dont want it to sound like that.

6. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah, I agree with this. It's an okay song but not the kind of song you'd want to use to promote the album, IMO.

7. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

We will see if it was a good choice for a single, who knows how unusual the Rest of
    the album is ;)
    The catalyst is pretty catchy so i can understand their decision.

I hope People will get their facts straight in the future, but
    of course i doubt it^^

8. the enigma

the enigma The Routine Scar

I love it when someone can actually get that thought across and not sound like they're butt hurt. I personally love the song. I loved the stems and I loved the first clips. But it's so incredibly different from what LP has done in the past, people who have not been "warned" about it by the band are gonna wonder what the fuck is up. Did the DJ say the wrong band name?

Probably not the best choice for a single, but we can't really know until September 14, when we listen to the album in full. For all we know, this could be the best damn song on the album.

9. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Dude, don't even say that ... :x

10. ana

ana anaPHX LPA VIP

true. BTW the thing with the wrong band name:
    Maybe its what they want. They want people (those who were not informated) to think about if its really Linkin Park . I mean If I would hear a Pop song à la Lady Gaga by Metallica I would directly look it up on the internet and try to find an answer on: Why they have chosen this genre on every fanboard Google can find (no not every board, I would look up on the first search result :D )
    anyway it all started with those puzzles, this mysterious person (I totally believe it's mike) in the cover art of the catalyst and a few promo pics, and this mysterious new sound you dont know if its either rock, electronica or "techno"..because once again LP made a sound that doesnt fit on any single genre.

I'm totally persuaded that from now on (actually since MTM) you can make a new genre called: Linkin Park (short for: Nu-metal, alternative-rock, rock-ballads, electronica, hip hop, hard-rock and etc.)

11. starchild

starchild Well-Known Member

I do feel it's not the "first single of the album" material too, but nevertheless each time I listen to the song it just keeps getting more awesome to me.

At first I was pretty bummed out about the SOUND of the album (electronica/electrnic rock), but now I think it's pretty unique and cool. I sure loved HT and Metoera (and i listen to those albums in their entirety from time to time still), but I feel as if those 2 albums were like, ordinary.

For M2M I just felt as if they were confused with what they wanted to do, with every song belonging to a different genre.

If ATS sounds completely like what the catalyst sounds like, I'd be pretty happy actually. Sure it's not the Linkin Park that we fell in love with, but I love their new sound as much as their old sound

12. thebaysboy

thebaysboy Well-Known Member

hey idk if anyone noticed this,but the last split second before 'the end" pops up,theres images of the band and some other wierd subliminal stuff,just thought i would let you guys know if someone hadn't:awesome:

13. Xodus112

Xodus112 Well-Known Member

@starchild: My thoughts exactly about each album. I LOVED HT when I first got it now. And while I still enjoy listening to it from time to time but it does sound a bit ordinary now that my musical tastes are so varied now. Meteora is fun to listen to only because its so catchy and high energy, but it lacks substance (SIB, by far, is their weakest, most cliched song, for example and Nobody's Listening is Mike's worst hip hop effort) except for BTH and From the Inside.

MTM, I liked but you're right that it was a bit all over the place and there wasn't a unified sound and knew they wanted to change it up but weren't sure how. And they were stuck between old LP and the new LP they were developing to. I feel like they know what they want to do

14. Pedro18

Pedro18 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Chester likes to hide pretty well in the video

15. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Chester and Mike sound awesome together when singing. Just saying.

16. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

I like you.

17. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Wow, Derek, you're in luck. I thought the Cookie Monster only liked cookies. :lol:

18. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Unless Derek is secretly a Chips-Ahoy cookie . . . . .

19. Pedro18

Pedro18 Well-Known Member

There are plenty weird pics in this video, here are some of them ( sorry if i post on big enormous post)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And in all of this weird stuff, there isn't one elephant, not one panda, not even a little koala god damn it, well at least there is an eagle

P.S: this as turn out in one huge post, i'm sorry for that, but i wanted to share the pics :blush:

20. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Wow thanks for that! Seems like an example of the artwork from the album.

By the way, the scene in the preview image...where the woman's eye is being held open is from this movie: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Un_Chien_Andalou

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.