Lady Gaga

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Gloomy Mushroom, Mar 31, 2010.

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Ke$ha is worse than anything, and anything I include Britney Spears.

How is she classified as a slut? She dresses raunchy but the definition of slut pop is singers who sleep around. She doesn't sleep around and I know that for a fact because I look at her news everyday. I'm sorry but I don't take the term 'slut' very lightly.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

To be fair, she was kicked out of the Yankees clubhouse for, amongst other things, fondling her breasts when drunk <_<. And a lot of her videos are very sexualized.

I dislike the term "slut" as it seems to imply it is innately bad for a woman to be promiscuous, show her body, and otherwise act in a way to garner sexual attention. But, while I see nothing wrong with that, I do find it hard to argue that Lady Gaga doesn't do more or less that rather regularly.

Ant

Ant Ambient

Slut pop? Really? What's wrong with giving people what they want? I know plenty of girls that love Lady Gaga and Ke$ha for their dancy songs and fun-going lyrics. Doesn't make them sluts.

And, please, let's not act like they're not capable of less-poppy things.

http://dailycontributor.com/stefani-germanotta-before-she-bacame-lady-gaga/8780/

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Lady Gaga is a cool alter-ego and all, albeit being terribly annoying to watch during interviews etc. at times. I can't wait until the day Stefani Germanotta (without the over-the-top make-up and garbs) returns and steals the limelight.

Hellions

Hellions Banned

Musically I love her. The whole image thing I'm on the fence about. Yeah, it's creative, yeah, it's clever and offbeat, but I don't know. She has brilliant designs and then she has some that are just dumb and even somewhat irritating. Like, really? Cigarette sunglasses? I like over the top but sometimes she's a stretch. Also I know it isn't relevant but it doesn't hurt that she's absolutely gorgeous.

As for debate over whether her image was constructed or if it's genuine, I think it's not too farfetched to think the over the top outfits and general persona are legitimate, and it was seen as something that could catch on in marketing her as a musician. I can't imagine a record exec voluntarily coming up with such a persona and seeing it as something that could be sold. It's gimmicky, but just edgy enough to be real, if that makes sense.

Edit: And say what you will about pop music and radio in general, God knows I'm not a fan, but I would never put Ke$ha and Lady Gaga in the same sentence (except this once) let alone compare them. Ke$ha can be thrown down a 17th century well for all I care.

Ant

Ant Ambient

Won't happen. She's far too popular at what she does now, and if she enjoys it, why stop?

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Saw Lady Gaga at Lollapalooza. Holy SHIT that was a fantastic show. She damn well knows how to control a crowd. Awesome.

Trish

Trish Y2K LPA VIP

i love what lady gaga stands for - individuality & self love

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I dislike Lady Gaga as a person more than her music. I also don't like her music...

Trish

Trish Y2K LPA VIP

you have to hand it to her - the peculiarities of her personality and her fashion are being accepted into the mainstream. she's made alot of people open their eyes and minds to other ways of doing things.

Shayan86

Shayan86 Well-Known Member

Way too overrated, she makes catchy pop songs yes, but nothing special. Lyrically she's equal to zero, and her voice is annoying.

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Lady Gaga's so popular this thread is still being kept alive. :awesome:

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

I've grown to dislike her even more then the last time I posted in this thread. Really don't see the big deal about it. Kinda wish it will just go away

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

She's the Madonna of our generation. She's not going away.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

LOL no way in hell she's ever leaving the mainstream. I'm hoping with ATS, LP can surpass her with Facebook fans, haha.

SecondCityKids

Time will tell my friend. Let's see if we will be saying that in 5 years or so

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

I find it funny how people look at Gaga and say "more generic pop stuff" when it clearly isn't.
    The same way my friends look at Linkin Park and say "more generic rock stuff" when it clearly isn't.

Lady Gaga is here to stay completely due to the fact that music nowadays is changing completely.

Am I the only person who has noticed artists like the Black Eyed Peas, Linkin Park, Ne-Yo and 50 Cent are all going forward and adding synth effects into their songs. Even the scores of video games and films are starting to have synthetic effects added into them alongside the orchestrated pieces. Gaga has done the same with Pop. This just proves that she was a step ahead of the competition when it came creating songs and gave her the "lead" in the modern market. She started to sound different than the competition and that's what makes her stand out.
    I don't listen to her music because of her outfit or her music videos. I listen to her 'cos she makes great music that sounds different.

There are also people out there who do listen to Gaga because of her antics but those people are exactly the same as people who listen to LP songs just 'cos they are LP.

Let the disagreement commence!!

I wonder how many people are listening to Taylor Swift right now and thinking that this isn't same

Edit: I am a person who listens to the music of songs over the lyrics so please don't attack my post asking about her song writing and etc.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
    SecondCityKids

Just because you add synth doesn't make her music any different from any other popstar. For instance the band Attack Attack! uses synth. People HATE their music. and attack attack has been doing that before Lady Gaga came out. So it isn't as revolutionary as you think. Who cares about if bands/artist uses more synth now. If you take away the synth aspect it's kinda te same pop stuff.Sure she brought it out to the mainstream but still. Synth has been in music for awhile now

SamohtCela

SamohtCela The Only Thing That's Worse Than One is None

I'm sorry but I REALLY hate Lady GaGa. My sister is freaking obssesed with her. I hope Lady GaGa gets shot on stage so we can watch her die with her little monsters or whatever she calls. No offense to all you who like her. Just stating my opinion.

20. Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

Of course it's not just the addition of synth, all of theose artists were originally good in the first place but can you imagine Gaga without synth and electronix sounds in her songs?
    They wouldn't be as good and she in turn wouldn't be as famous.

There are many artists out there in the world who can quite possibly be better than Gaga, LP and etc. but they all had a unique sound. With Gaga's unique sound being synth and electronic based.

She is unique and stands out in a good way musically the same way LP did/does.