LPU10 Coming Soon

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Will we have to buy the entire LPUX package for the option of buying the new CD, or will it be available for all LPU members?

2. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yes, I know economics and you don't have to explain it to me. I understand you meant no disrespect, but you missed my point entirely.

The fact of the matter is, what LPUX is doing right now is for the better. Less money will be wasted on dumb packages, and less fairweather fans will be joining now as a result of the price increase. Yes, I'm fully aware that some very hardcore fans wont be able to be included cause they can't afford it, but honestly...if someone is financially strapped enough that they can't be wasting money, a fanclub should be the least of their concerns.

For example, I'm not "poor" persay, but I've yet to buy the Deluxe edition of the CD because there are lot more things I can responsibly spend 100.00 on then that. Just like those who can't afford to throw away 60 dollars, shouldn't be wasting it on a fanclub membership in the first place.

Not trying to sound insensitive, but it's the truth.

3. thegame87

thegame87 Well-Known Member

Also I love how people get worried and annoyed - but its Linkin Park they never dissapoint. Its great for you people in the States who get this mad opps to see them at launchs. I live in Australia and am very happy to pay for pre-sale and meet and greets. I'll get the $60 one when I know how to upgrade my existing account!

4. Ant

Ant Ambient

That's true, but at the same time how many users do you know on LPU that sound like (to put it crassly) rich snot-nosed kids who could probably get their mommy and daddy to pay for it? I didn't renew LPU because some of the members there were just so (again, crassly) stupid.

So while the fans may not be bandwagon hoppers, they may not add anything of value to the community.

5. Derek

Very valid point. It'll be interesting to see how these changes benefit the LPU in the end.

6. Vic

Vic No game no life

Hey the song is nice, it's like sad and jolly. Very cool but it's more like a Grey Daze song :lol:

7. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Well I caved in and got it. Took alot of work but got it :lol:

Now I just need an awesome cover for the song. My guess this song will be on the LPU10 CD. This is just a taste of what's to come.

8. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Amen. My thoughts word for word.

9. LinkinParkForever275

LinkinParkForever275 Linkin Park is my religion!

its too good :) i am gonna pre order as soon as i can!! Linkin Park Underground is worth to pay 60$ a year :) you get soo much stuff! its perfect! i love the LPU

10. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

It might *not* be for the better. the worst case scenario is that they quadrupled the price because they want to, and so far there is no evidence disproving this yet. All i see are vague promises that might not even come true, or executed poorly, and there's been some bad bumps in the LPU's past, plus old problem i've been waiting for them to fix, and I'm not keen on blowing big bucks for the same kind of disappointment. They want more money? They have to get their act together first.

I'm not saying it wont turn out okay in the end, BUT, without any concrete guarantees of this so-called amazing stuff, this is NOT a wise investment in the SLIGHTEST. Hold on to your money until you know you have something in return.

Usually, when businesses want you to buy something, they show you all the cool things you can get with it and then wait as long as possible to tell you the price, since they want you to be excited about the content first. When scam artists want you to buy something, they promise vague things in nonspecific terms, then introduce the price and try to get you to hook onto it in order to learn the rest of the details. This is setting off a lot of flags in my head!

11. esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

They might be charging more money for less stuff. They might be charging more money for a far more valuable product.

It strikes me as silly that they would announce the price hike while only being ready to give vague details about what the extra money gets you, but that's their marketing decision.

I think we should hold tight, see what is offered, and praise or criticize then.

12. dereklp

dereklp :Not here:

Is this my new home?

13. Derek

I challenge your assessment that you are THE Derek. Only one Derek may exist.

Kidding. Welcome to LPA.

14. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

Yay it's other derek (which is actually the one i met first!)!!

This is my new home too. I'm kinda hoping all the displaced LPUers all move to one place

15. Derek

*Sees a glowing arrow above LPA*

"Huh? Arrow? What arrow? You must be seeing things."

16. dereklp

Thanks for warm welcome, it's nice.

17. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I will listen to this Derek now! After all, he's THE Derek. Why would I listen to A Derek? :lol:

18. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Ooooh, face off! Who is the real Sean Arch... err.. Derek?!

19. dereklp

hehe, here I am just derek, nothing special about me LPA derek rules these grounds.

20. Derek

I SHALL CHALLENGE YOU TO THE DEATH.........."THE" DEREK.

[youtube]4aMD4uy-QGc[/youtube]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.