LPU10 Coming Soon

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dereklp

dereklp :Not here:

oh noes!

I tried to make dereklp, but it was taken :(

2. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'm just messin. I just think your SN is funny. I think you should keep it so people get confused :lol:.

3. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

I concur^^.

4. dereklp

dereklp :Not here:

I shall then!

5. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Hey i read the posts of Adam, but one thing i didn't understand: 60$ will be a year without package. The cd will exist but sold separatedly. At the same time there is going to be a 10$ monthly-offer for who wants pre-sale only, instead of paying a whole year, just month after month.
    The cd will be reached/sold only to who payed the yearly membership or will it be avaiable during the one-month version too?

6. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

This is what the website says about the 10 bucks a month deal:

Opportunities for Linkin Park concert presale tickets
    Including FIRST presale access to the September 14th New York show - Linkin Park’s ONLY 2010 US show
    Access to some of the BEST SEATS in the house reserved for LPU
    Access to exclusive online chats with members of Linkin Park
    Access to free exclusive LPU online downloads
    Access to the LPU giveaway for Linkin Park prizes

When it says "Access to free exclusive LPU online downloads", I would guess that doesn't include the LPUX CD. My guess is that those downloads would be stuff like "Lockjaw" or "Morning After Acoustic." If the people that don't get the annual pass get access to the LPUX CD, it would make the CD much less exclusive to the people that spend 50 dollars more.

I would say it's likely you would need the annual pass to get the CD. I could be wrong though.

7. erasus

erasus Well-Known Member

Pretend to be aint bad,aint great ...guess its some Chester filling the void till the album comes

8. ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

Luckily I picked my LPA name before I was even in the LPU.

9. Geoff

Geoff Hipster Kitty

but i was under the inpression that they chose a select few to meet and greet, not everyone who is LPU this tour round for the LPUX...? With LPU9 as well i hope it works out =S
    i live in aus too, so hopefully we can see them again soon! October 18th 2007 Perth =D ready for round two!

10. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Thanks, yes that's what i though too. Also because it says "merchandise" under the annual one, which can be eventually related to the cd too.

11. Derek

Today's your lucky day. "dereklp" was a 0 post count n00b who never contributed to the boards. You however have, so you got his name. ;)

12. wiiesel

wiiesel Well-Known Member

ok...they need the money. I understand BUT I get nearly nothing for the $60 (besides the M&G which is not vested and a ridiculous pre sale. Not to mention a crappy NING site...[they're moving to NING aren't they?] and the US only things)
    And I highly doubt that they will make more money than offering the membership for $20. Many LPU'ers won't renew....because you don't get enough that is worth the $60.

13. Ace31

Ace31 Well-Known Member

Probably a crazy, completely off base theory, but here it goes:

I think the LPUX CD will be full of demos from the 2008 recording sessions (Like 'Pretend to Be") before they decided to go in the direction of ATS. So technically, we will have two new LP albums, ATS and LPUX, which would explain why they're not giving it away with the LPUX membership and instead are selling it seperately.

Again, just my idea, but from what I've read from Adam and Jay Sensei's chat with Jess on the first page, those are the dots I connected.

14. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

LPUX CD will have demos from EVERY album session, including one pre-Hybrid Theory demo. DONT HIT ME WIT ZA BANHAMMER

15. Ace31

Ace31 Well-Known Member

I'd be cool with that too. I don't think I've heard any b-sides or demo's from Meteora other that Figure.09 and Faint on LPU 9, so anything from those sessions would be really cool.

16. Derek

And you got this information where?

17. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

LPL user (maybe he's on here too) Blackchester went to the ATS listening party today and asked Mike. He's posting the interview on his site at some point.

18. TheRAT

TheRAT Well-Known Member

19. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

I went to the Session too and understood it just As posted above. Dave also mentioned, they needed 10 Years but are aware now, what Fans would like on lpu cds^^
    I would like to Write more but i am still on Tour and as you can perhaps See, my iPhone is Messing with my words ;) It was also hilarious when Mike was Asked about pretend to Be. He didn't Know it was already out and was really suprised^^ by the Way, i Love the Album, and i am sure that almost everyone will Be suprised. Ana nailed imo Most of the Song descriptions, but i have to say i really like Blackout.for the really First Time i just wanna Listen to an complete Album again After my First run, normally i skip to my favourites on the Second Run. I am sure a Lot of People will have Problems with ATS, hopefully Many of them will Listen more often to it. I am just happy, that i already really enjoyed it, and i was totally suprised about my gf. She wasn't that interested before, but ATS totally caught her.

20. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Post a review man!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.