Hamburg Press Conference Audio

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Aug 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Xodus112

Xodus112 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Cookie Monster!

There's something I never thought I'd say. lol

Shayan86

Shayan86 Well-Known Member

Reading all these reviews just keeps making me more excited, everyone says it's so different ad creative.

Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

ATS pre-listening Hamburg, August 20th.

--------------------------may contain spoilers ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GOD SAVE US EVERYONE - a sentence a lot of Linkin Park Fans know by now. A sentence that is kind of funny in context with their new record ATS. The band took a huge risk,
    thought out of the box and created music that won't bore you. Instead you will be suprised, perhaps shocked and you will have a lot to think about. The band just was not interested
    in copying their own work – thank GOD.
    ATS Starts with the moody and mysterious the radiance (At this point i decided to not take any notes and instead just focus on the music as a whole).
    A keyboard kicks in and an digitally edited female Voice (reminds me of the voice that guides you in VALVEs PC/PS3/360-release Portal) sings "Don't save us everyone, we are broken people living under loaded gun." Both the Requiem and the radiance (Oppenheimer speech) are part of a trio that is finished by Burning in the skies, a calm song with one of the awesome beats Mike anounced not long ago. The song ends with Mike singing and the 18sec short track Empty spaces starts. You can hear a cricket (which i always connect with dark nights) and war (bombs) – just 18 seconds but even now i am suprised that i still connect the title with the picture i had in my mind while the pre-listening.
    When they come for me is the next track and believe me, it is hard not to move your head or feet to the unusual rap Mike is delivering. Heavy rap, cursing that is somehow rhythmic (can´t still get rid of that catchy tune), distorted guitars and a finish with a nice vocal performance by Chester. A track that will surely leave a permanent impression for many people out there.
    As mentioned by the band several times this album is kind of a journey, and like every worthwile journey you will get to see and hear a lot of exciting things. On Blackout for example you will hear Chester combining his legendary screams with rap. Wisdom, justice and love includes a digitally edited speech by Martin Luther King Jr, one song has a few oriental elements, the band united again on Iridescent for a choir performance and on most of the songs Chester and Mike are supporting each other much more than ever before. There is so much going on, you just feel the urgent need to immediately start again.
    ATS finishes with the beautiful messenger (acoustic guitars and piano + Chester = epic win).
    Awesome beats, unusual sounds, mysterious atmosphere, complexity, surprise, risk, exploration – words that get your attention when somehow connected with music? Check out ATS, a genre busting album that won´t be everyone´s cup of tea but totally blew my mind off.

Sorry i don´t remember more details but it is hard to reconstruct everything without notes after just one listening session. Work starts again in a few hours so i have to go to bed now. Nighty N8 LPA :)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
    ChuckCheese

Thank you so much, man! Wow that got me pumped. I'm sooo excited.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

This is what it sounds like to me:

A CONCEPT ALBUM (Shut up Mike, it is lol). But at the same time, the songs all have their own genres.

M2M had variety but the songs didn't relate/flow with each other at all (Exception being Shadow of the Day/What I've Done). ATS sounds like it has even more variety and the tracks do flow (thanks to the interludes I guess). A Thousand Suns has the potential to be a very, very exceptional album. Maybe (dare I say?) better than Hybrid Theory.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Have you heard it? Or are you just giving an opinion.

Benjamin

Opinion. Just based off Ana/Blackchester's reviews and a few other reactions. Also what the band has said.

Xodus112

Xodus112 Well-Known Member

From what I've heard (The Catalyst, Blackout snippet) and the reviews I've read I'm convinced this will be my fave album since HT. I won't say that I'll love it more than I loved HT when I first got it (hard to top your first time and they were the band that really made me a fan of rock music) but I'll say it WILL be their best work to date. I'm convinced that with this album they've realized the potential I saw in them with the HTEP, HT and Reanimation.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
    Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I personally believe that it will be Linkin Park's best album to date.

Benjamin

Haha I didn't notice the review posted RIGHT above me! Damn. If all goes well, it just might top Hybrid Theory. Mike has lied to us TWICE.

1. He takes back the genre busing comment. Why? It sure sounds like it is to me. Unless if you can find a song that sounds like Blackout (which funnily enough still sounds like the Black Eyed Peas with a metal influence to me :lol:).

2. It's a concept album. Just because it doesn't tell a story doesn't mean there isn't a concept. It sure sounds like "God save us everyone..." is the concept or one of the concepts.

lp_mohd

lp_mohd Banned

I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT'''' It's a concept album MEAN''?
    :(
    MY ENGLISH Language IT'S AWFUL :\

ChuckCheese

Basically, an album that tells a story.
    Examples: My Chemical Romance's The Black Parade, Marilyn Manson's Antichrist Superstar, among others, Green Day's American Idiot & 21st Century Breakdown, ect.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

all he said that he didnt like the term concept record. he never lied and said directly that it wasnt.

19UNDERTAKER91

19UNDERTAKER91 Member

LINKIN PARK RULES AND A THOUSAND SUNS WILL BE EPIC!!!CANT WAIT FOR THE ALBUM...THE CATALYST IS GREAT AND HAS DIVERSE LAYERS...I LIKE HOW LP WANTS TO CREATE NEW AND FRESH MUSIC..THEY MORE THAN CAPABLE OF DOING THAT...
    LP IS SIMPLY THE BEST.....JUST READ THE FF:
    LP IS THE MOST UNIQUE BAND IN THE WORLD.......THEY ARE THE BEST..THERE MUSIC HAS DIVERSE GENRES.....JUST READ THE FF:

HT AND METEORA SONGS=NU METAL,RAPCORE

BREAKING THE HABIT=ELECTRO ROCK,INDUSTRIAL ROCK

MTM EXCEPT LOATR AND SOD=ALTERNATIVE ROCK

SHADOW OF THE DAY=ROCK BALLAD

LEAVE OUT ALL THE REST= FUNERAL ROCK

NEW DIVIDE=INDUSTRIAL ROCK,ELECTRO-ROCK

THE CATALYST=ELECTRO ROCK,TECH-ROCK.

Jeff

first off, welcome to LPA

secondly

[​IMG]

19UNDERTAKER91

19UNDERTAKER91 Member

k thank you for the reminder.hehehe

Jeff

[​IMG]

BlackChester

BlackChester Well-Known Member

It was actually Martin Luther King Jr. ;)

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

21st Century Breakdown isn't an actual concept album. The themes in it are too loose for it to be considered one, people have exaggerated a story out of it that isn't suppose to be there. Also Green Day says it's not an concept album while they admit American Idiot, is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.