A Thousand Suns is going to leak

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by xxspuckxsorrisxx, Aug 23, 2010.

xxspuckxsorrisxx

xxspuckxsorrisxx Living Things

If you saw the preview for New Zealend (And possibly Japan), Its coming out the thirteenth. Also, with the pre-orderers, they may get some stuff early.

On a side note, do you think the people that preordered it on linkinpark.com will get blackbirds and/or A Thousand Suns: the Full experience? I dont care much for Ats the full experience because its just the whole album strung together which is alot of space. Also, I dont like launching 8BR to listen to Blackbirds, making me not listen to it as much.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

The sky is blue.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Wait, what?

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

lul wut

I'm pretty sure Pre orderer's won't get Blackbirds. That's why itunes is offering it. But, there is more than one way to get a song other than itunes ;)

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I think what Xero21 was trying to say was, "obvious statement is obvious."

Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

Sounds like someone is planning to torrent it eh? :)

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Hahaha...LP hasn't stated anything about what's really special about the Pre-Orders, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there bonus material. And uh, btw...I'm pretty sure that the early mp3 download of the album will be the ATS: The Full Experience. And...Special Edition i read get's the catalyst music video I think.

Benjamin

After the LPU fuck up today, i wouldn't expect too much.

AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

What did LPU screw up today?

Benjamin

http://www.lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=5236

Their password code for Pre sale tickets to the NYC show was "LPUX2010." Someone guessed it right, and the pre sale tickets sold out before the "email" was supposed to be sent. And the email was never sent. :hitself:

AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

Ahh I see...and when does the regular sale start? That was just presale correct?

The Candidate

The Candidate Well-Known Member

latest date for the leak: September 10th....German and Benelux Release Date.
    End of Story

Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

I think I'm going to try to avoid the leaks until my albums arrive. I want to not listen to crappy quality rips before I get the full thing. This is musically deep.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

The album is coming out on the 8th in Japan, 10th in Australia.
    I am pretty sure those are the two earliest releases - therefore it won't actually leak because the album has actually been released, it will just be shared all around the internet. :D

Polychromatic

Polychromatic Banned

But if those people who get it officially (in Japan and Germany when they buy the CD)if they rip it straight from the disc you will get 320kbps files. So if you want to wait, I'm with you, respecting the band and waiting to purchase the music, but the leak won't be as bad as people think.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I would get the album if it leaked and it was good quality why? Because I am already getting the album two days later anyway - so I have paid. Therefore I am not stealing.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Here's my whole plan for the album release:

1) I'm going to do my best to avoid any leaks. I have the album pre-ordered, and I don't want to listen to the album till I actually get my CD. To aid me in this I'm going to delete this site from my bookmarks and stop visiting starting on the day The Catalyst's music video airs. This will keep me from seeing any "omg it leaked!" posts and keep my mind at an "ignorance is bliss" state.

2) I'm going to listen to Hybrid Theory, Meteora, and Minutes To Midnight from start to finish three nights prior to September 14th, listening to one album a night in chronological order. In other words, Saturday, on the night of September 11, I'll listen to Hybrid Theory in its entirety. Sunday, on the night of September 12, I'll listen to Meteora in its entirety. And, on Monday, on the night of September 13, I'll listen to Minutes To Midnight in its entirety. I'll listen to each album at the end of the day before I go to sleep. And then, when I get home from work the night of September 14, I'm going to get the album from the mail, and I'm going to drive to this very secluded area near where I live. I already know where, and I'm going to listen to A Thousand Suns in its entirety. Possibly multiple times.

I want to experience this album in complete solitude. I want to have my focus completely on the album, with no distractions. I want to make it the best experience possible.

3) Come home after listening to A Thousand Suns, and watch the "Making Of" DVD that comes with my deluxe pre-order.

4) Top off the week with a Paramore concert on Friday, September 17.

It's going to be one of the best weeks of my life.

Benjamin

I used to have a similar plan as you BlackOut (not all those details though lol). I literally just found out that since I got the special fan edition ($100 package), I won't get anything until mid October. On the 14th, I will get an email with the MP3's which will most likely be in 320 kbps. With the album coming on the 10th, there will surely be 320 kbps out there for me to download. So what's the point for me to wait for the 14th when the whole album will be out in the same quality days before? And like Hawk said, it's not really stealing because I already payed for the album haha.

I suppose there's a chance that I may decide to go to Target and buy the album for 12 bucks on the 14th. That would change my plans drastically.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I agree about listening in seclusion. I'm going home from college for a few days for my birthday (September 10-14). I want to listen in my own room, no roommate, no chance of interruption.

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

I'm more than likely going to buy the album the day it comes out, but before listen to EVERYTHING they've done, starting with the Xero cassette to The Catalyst. It's going to be fucking awesome.