The Catalyst Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Requiem1394

Requiem1394 Well-Known Member

Visually, this was a stunning video and I though it fit very well with the song thematically.

I really have hated their past videos because I feel they try too hard to make a story and force emotions on us. LOATR, SOTD, and Numb are just too corny. I think music videos work better when they don't force a story and instead work in conjunction with the music itself.

2. A.06

A.06 Well-Known Member

Stunning video, fits well into the theme. The only bit I don't like is after Mike's first verse, when the video shows him going on singing but there's actually a break. Bad cut there I think. Otherwise, fantastic.

3. Shayan86

Shayan86 Well-Known Member

Grammys?! Who cares about them? Grammy is a joke nowadays.

4. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

In his defense, so is MTV lol. The whole music industry itself is a joke, in some respects.

5. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

:rofl:

It's so weird. You don't really need that much tongue movement to say "lift" :lol:

6. The Candidate

The Candidate Well-Known Member

wise words!!

7. Benjamin

Actually, yeah you do. At least the way Mike has to say it. Sing along when Mike says "lift". I bet anything your tongue will stick out if you sing it the right way.

8. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Just saw the video again and he does that at "let". And no you can easily sing that part [with the right note and everything] without sticking your tongue out that much.

9. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

[​IMG]

so much teeth! LMAO. Anyone know what kind of effect was used here? or is it just a reflection? :blink:

10. My Violent Heart

My Violent Heart Transmissions echoing away.

[​IMG]
    The Catalyst - Linkin Park

[​IMG]
    A Beautiful Lie - 30 Seconds to Mars

I was wondering why that part looked familiar. I love comparing those two bands.
    And I WANT MY ELEPHANT.

11. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Ehm.. ok Given Up rocked, What i've done was a great montage, Leave Out All the Rest great effects.
    But here's the point: LOATR is a film that has barely almost nothing to do with the lyrics or the theme of the song, or at least i don't feel it gives the meaning to it. The Catalyst is a prove that without spending billions on a video you can do great stuff and arrive to the point. Is a video that gives to the song the correct intensity, the visuals and the interpretations by the band is charismatic at the highest demand.
    I can understand if you'd recognize and make differences between each other, but to say MTM videos are SO MUCH better than the Catalyst makes me wonder in base of what criterium you are saying this.
    It almost sounds like you say "The Catalyst sucks" and that ATS started in a worse way than MTM did.

12. CurlyLp

CurlyLp Member

Yes it is reflection. :)

Btw, i need to say that this music video is epic! :D One of the best LP music videos in my opinion.

The Catalyst: 8/10
    Music Video: 9.5/10

13. ana

ana anaPHX LPA VIP

ABL is by far better than TC. Dont compare these two bands. I Love them both but B.Cubbins is the best videomaker for 30stm and Joe Hahn is it for LP.
    (B.Cubbins aka. jared leto)

The elephant was just on the outside of the building. I asked dave about that and he said it was just used for a movie that has been shot at the hall next to the one LP shot the video.

and my tongue doesnt leave my mouth, it hits my teeth. (well sort of rolls over them back...wtf)

edit: who can be better as director than one of the 6 that actually made the song?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  14. Benjamin

The Linkin Park Association: The greatest site ever. Now we finally know what the hell that elephant was. Thanks Ana! :lol:

15. Paperku7

Paperku7 Banned

is it just me, or is this guy the biggest troll on the internet?

16. My Violent Heart

My Violent Heart Transmissions echoing away.

o_O Just because they're not alike doesn't mean it's not fun to make a few comparisons. They're both two of my favorite bands anyway.

Besides, to me Buddha For Mary strangely sounded like one of Linkin Park's older more heavy songs.

And I reeeeally respect bands that make their own videos (Leto, Hahn), regardless of how they turn out. It shows they like to have control of their artwork.

17. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Don't worry, we've noticed. :lol:

18. CurlyLp

CurlyLp Member

Exactly!

19. TLC

TLC Well-Known Member

20. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

The One Step Closer vid was directed by Gregory Dark, who directed Britney Spears' Sometimes video.

But then again, the One Step Closer video was cheesy as hell. But hey, it looked great when I was 12 with the flying ninjas and stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.