ATS Pre-Listening Fan Notes 08/30/10

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    JayRod1380

JayRod1380 Active Member

This is going to be the most Miserable 2 weeks EVER. F#$%^

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Hey, man! Welcome to the LPA and thanks for joining up! and yeah, you may just have a point there. :lol:

:oface:

thor

thor Well-Known Member

when is waiting for the end gonna come out?

Joe

Not yet, I imagine not for a month until the album has been out at the least.

rafey

rafey Member

Which edition of the album did you see. Did you see a regular edition, or the holographic pack?

JayRod1380

JayRod1380 Active Member

Thanks Joe. Ive been a big fan of LP for a long time, got a long history following this band, (since 98), and i just cant wait for this album. Every album is great and unique but M2M left me wanting more....This album is what ive been waiting for since HT. Not going to lie.

Joe

Yeah, I kinda feel that too. I think this will be their best album yet. I've never been this excited for a Linkin Park album... or any album for that matter, haha.

Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

How can someone forget "When they come for me"? :huh: ^^

This just shows how much hot stuff they put on this masterpiece ;-)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
    JayRod1380

JayRod1380 Active Member

Couldnt agree with you more. I think with M2M they were trying too hard to get away from their unique sound. M2M was just stripped down and plain. Barely any Mike Shinoda, and for me Shinoda makes the record (personal opinion). Not to mention the lack of Energy. But still, over all that i still loved it like all the albums. When i heard The Catalyst I was blown away, and when i saw and read that they are taking a more eletronic approach, well first thing that came to my mind was "FINALLY". I just cant wait.

hazuki

hazuki Well-Known Member

I wonder what Wretches and The Kings is about?

Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

I wonder why you guys always skip The Catalyst in your descriptions. Why not add a description to that as well? Would be fun to read it in the context of the whole album.

INK12Many

INK12Many Well-Known Member

Sucks that some of these interludes have some of the best track names from the album.

ToddWilliamson

ToddWilliamson Well-Known Member

i really want to hear Wretches and Kings now. i think that's the track i am looking forward to most now.

adaminator1

adaminator1 Banned

I really want to hear the whole album. This thing needs to leek :)awesome:), or I need to find myself a TARDIS really fast, before my head explodes out of anticipation.

Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

I guess everyone knows it, but i have to say in my opinion it felt somehow good as track 14. DonĀ“t know how to describe it :)

Waiting for the end is the next single? I think it is the song -----------------Attention, Spoilers ----------------------------------------
    where the singing of Mike sounds kinda reggae, starts with Guitars, there was a break in the song and it ends with a nice Guitar solo and of course Chester is present too.

WhiteSoxLPJuan92

WhiteSoxLPJuan92 Active Member

I want it to leak the 8th when it comes out in japan!!!!!!! Btw so only wrenches and kings and blackout have rap verses on it?

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Gotta be honest, not the best review. Everyone is forgetting and shit, there hasn't been a efficient review yet....BUT I FUCKING WANT!

lprullzBG

lprullzBG Active Member

Good to see more reviews, really exited about Burning In The Skies! But what happened with those PREviews? :(

Edit: You might wanna read this.

I just got home from listening to the new album at a secret Listening Party at Warner Bros records in Burbank with 19 other LPU members. We were told we could blog about it so here is the scoop. The listening party we had was filmed and we were told might be used for a future LPTV clip on this site and Youtube. Now about the album...
    The album is sick!!! Take all the good elements of every Linkin Park album and mash them up and you have it here. There's something here for every LP fan. There's more Joe Hahn scratching, electronica and Mike doing some great raps especially on the hard hitting 'Wretches and Kings'. You also get Chester screamin on 'Blackout'. My fave track was 'Waiting for The End. It was insane!! Mike rapping with Chester singing and the music is a fusion of Beck-style beats, electronica with a reggae-rap fusion. Sounds crazy but it was sooo good!! Everyone there agreed it was one of the best songs. Its a style never heard of before. The Warner Bros head guy confirmed that this would be there next single!!! Mark my words: This will be a number #1 hit for them and the song will be a classic for them. The opening title is called The Requiem- it's amazing - its an instrumental interlude that opens up with the verse from the Catalyst "...god save us everyone, where be burn in the fire of a thousand suns...." but sung very slowly and in an almost feminine voice (we were told it was Mike's voice but tweeked). The album builds on this opening song and goes into a story-like selection of songs ala Pink Floyd. The interludes were short and almost unnecessary. They were not your classic LP instrumentals. Instead, they used powerful sound bytes of speeches made by Martin Luther King Jr and one sounded like JFK, another one was in Latin which I could not understand. Again, not really necessary but they used these to tie some of the songs together. In my opinion, The Catalyst was one of their weaker songs after listening to the whole album. Iridescent was there most "vanilla" song. It is a soft, slow beautiful song and not very "experimental" like the other songs. Sounded like it could have come straight from the Minutes to Midnight CD which is not a bad thing. The only song I disliked was the last one called The Messenger. It was a stripped down acoustic-like lullaby sung by Chester. Almost sounded like 'Poison'. I just felt the album should have ended with their strongest song but one of the LP members made a good point to mention that the album takes you on a journey and leaves you with nothing which is why that song fit in being so plain and stripped. These are my faves in order:
    Waiting for the End - their next single - rap/electronica, reggae fusion
    Wretches and Kings - Fort Minor mixed with LP - Shinoda rapping at his hard hitting best
    Blackbird - Chester doing his screamin thing along with everyone else showcasing their stuff (Mr Hahn scratching, Brad and Phonenix on guitars, Mike singing/not rapping and Rob on drums
    Robot Boy - a sweet ass slow song sang by Mike - very unique sounding
    Burning the Skies - the first real song on the album that introduces you to the new LP sound that no one has ever heard of.
    The world has no idea what is coming their way with this album!! I dare to say that this album is probably their best ever and one of the best by ANY band or solo artist - artistic-wise. They have created a new sound-style unlike anything you've ever heard but the beats are insane...you can dance..mosh...rap and sing..to these songs. You will see what I mean when they're second song drops. Finally...something for everyone! Hope you enjoyed my review. BTW - we were told the Listening Event for next week is going to be in a big venue and everyone should be getting email confirmations on the details of it soon. They said it was being produced by Mike and will have a lot of multi-media imagery, pics and art along with the laser show. A few of the guys will be on hand to answer questions afterward. We were all invited back for that one as well.

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

Yes, That was one of my favorites, so heavy and so good. Mike's rapping is awesome, I think he says mother fucker more than once on this track.

I didn't know if I liked the album or not after listening to it. It's going to take multiple listens to get used to it and really appreciate the depth of the whole thing.

Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

^
    ^: Dude, Blackout, not Blackbird.

But thanks for the review anyway, I'm skyrocketed.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.