ATS Pre-Listening Fan Notes 08/30/10

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ...

... Well-Known Member

The Radiance - Interlude, kind of meh.
    When They Come For Me - I don't remember this song much
    Jornada Del Muerto - An interlude. Kind of depressing because I was looking forward to this song a lot.
    Waiting For The End - The next single. Kind of forgot about this song now though. =\

Wow. Best review ever. LOL

2. Cyanide

Cyanide 1989

I don't know about you, but for me, playing a song individually is a waste of time and creativity. That's why we have albums. I never get just one song from one band, I usually get one album, because I expect it to be mixed together and flow naturally (see Dream Theater, Pink Floyd, Tool etc). I suggest giving Dark Side of the Moon a listen, you'll catch my grip. Before actually jumping to conclusions wait for the album to drop, mkay?

3. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

You're in the 'singles' mode of thinking. There are many albums that I can't listen to in pieces (hehe). I enjoy albums that are journeys, and tend to listen to full albums quite often.

Who needs 'another single'? That's all radio promotion bullshit. Just give me music and I'm fine.

4. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

That's very kind, Minus, i thank you so much :)

5. Edbert

Edbert Well-Known Member

At least we did get somehing useful out of his review, we now know that the next single would be "Waiting for the End" and we also know what songs he finds most likeable. Therefore, we could expect positive reviews from the songs he liked the most...

6. CCtjehh

CCtjehh Because we love them

yeah me 2! What I've heard from it, it'll be my favorite :)

7. Shayan86

Shayan86 Well-Known Member

1. He didn't forget the whole album, he even gave you a short section of the lyrics of Burning in the Skies.
    2. He spent some time to answer our questions in this thread and even he himself admitted he would be able to give more details after the next listening party.
    3. Not all of us are professional reviewers, if you're looking for a Billboard/Allmusic/NME/IGN/Rock Sound/ Kerrang! type of a review, then you know that you're expecting far too much. This is a review from an ordinary fan who is not a professional writer or music reviewer.
    4. People are not the same, Ana gave us her own opinions, Evan did his own. People are different, Ana remembered more stuff, Evan didn't, is that such a big deal?
    5. I had no problem with you not liking the review, my problem was that you were being unfairly harsh.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  8. CCtjehh

CCtjehh Because we love them

haha you're probably not a Nine Inch Nails fan?
    If a NIN fan would say that I would laugh in his face.
    I don't bother interludes as long as I like them.

9. Flooder

Flooder Active Member

Interesting. I am surprised that there will be so many interludes on this album. I usually listen album from start to finish, so no problem here. Some albums are just meant to listen from start to finish.

10. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I'd just like to say that although this isn't the "best" or most exceptionally written review, I like to think that it's more about what it tells us than how it's written. From this we got confirmation of the next single, insight to the packaging and lyrics booklet and opinions on some of the songs on the CD. It's difficult to remember individual tracks after one listen and I can imagine especially in ATS case, where tracks change and blend together all the time. It's okay to point out flaws, but don't expect a perfectionist media / press review from a thread that is titled "fan notes".

There was a lot of talk about the listening party in the shoutbox and I wanted to create a fresh new thread to discuss the listening party and "unofficially" announce the new single, and this seemed like a good way to get people talking and is something people are interested in. I'm sorry if it's not to your standards of a review, but I'm sure there will be plenty of those coming in the next week.

11. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Reznor doesn't really use interludes, though. Breaks from complete, structured songs on Nine Inch Nails albums tend to be full-blown instrumentals. ;P

12. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Joe, I just realized it really sucks that you have to read the threads and all when your not reading the review. Your the only post I've even read under this thread. but insight on packaging and lyrics book? would anyone care to tell me without revealing anything about the songs and tracklisting? I don't wanna know!

13. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I'm sure someone can give you a quick summary about the artwork. Not me, though, I'm having a hard time piecing together what's being said about it myself. ;P

14. m3te0ra m4n

m3te0ra m4n Well-Known Member

HUGE EPIC REPLY INCOMING.

We saw both. The WBR head guy said that the 2 lyric books are slightly different.

There was so much to take in :(

Agreed!

No there was one more with obvious rap verses.

I was really looking forward to it :(

Yeah I came away with 9. They are longer though, so it evens out.

On your first listen, AT LEAST go all the way through.

Same as above. First time, go all the way through.

I love you :D (nohomo)

15. Joe

Hahaha, yeah, it's hard work when you don't want spoilers!

... I'll post about the booklets, so don't read if you don't want to know anything. They're only minor and probably what you expected already though.

... as for the artwork. Apparently there were two booklets being passed around, and one had a slightly more "rough" finish that had a picture of a wolf's head with a snake coming out of it. The other contained all the lyrics to ATS which were printed in accordance with the art of the album (which has been described as insane). By this, I mean the lyrics tend to distort and reprint over one another, sometimes glitching like the art itself. Apparently, the art works well with the whole sound and concept of the album.

16. Zane

thanks. and there's no way i'm reading this review. sounds like people are freaking out about it. guess that's a good thing about avoiding spoilers. Now I kinda want both booklets hahaha. But avoiding spoilers....hope you didn't have to read it Joe. Just wait till 30 secs. come out, I'm going to be happy some hard times working that out

17. ricky34024

ricky34024 Well-Known Member

Wretches and Kings: "This song will MELT FACE LIVE."

:D

18. Joe

Haha, yeah, I'm definitely not listening to clips of the album. unless they come out outside of LP.com, and I have to for news sake, haha.

19. Zane

go tell derek to do that, "God Damit Derek! It's your fucking website, you do it!!! I don't want NO FFFUCKING SPOILERS!" haha
    Though I'm still debating how I'll avoid them when the time comes on here. Currently today it's been the use of the hand and slowly pulling it down :p hahahaha

20. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

sooo i guess this means theres only 1 rap track and 1 scream track?? I remember hearing Mike saying theres lots of rapping and screaming on the album..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.