ATS Pre-Listening Fan Notes 08/30/10

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

You guys are unbelievable. When you see the title "FAN NOTES" you think that it's going to be some professional review?

Thanks again Evan for all the insight. It was also great of you to answer all the questions on Twitter. This album sounds like a masterpiece to me.

2. Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

Out of 9 full songs and several interludes he remembers maybe slightly more than half of the songs. The interludes he dismissed, and the ones he remembered he remembered enough to say something very generic and vague. I might have used a bit of fiction in my criticism, but unfortunately the reality is worse because it looks more like willful negligence than forgetfulness.

Re: 3. I did not expect a review. I just expected something. His later comments about the album artwork were far more detailed and exciting than his OP about the music. It's not that he's incapable of rendering detail.

Re: 4: Ana also provided legitimate descriptions of the songs with her post. IIRC her post was so detailed and thorough that it actually took up more than the character limit of a single post.

Re: 5: I am not being harsh I am being thorough and detailed about why I think this is a bad post. It's one thing to just say "WORST POST EVER!" it's completely another to offer legit criticisms. I know he can't exactly take it back at this point, but it's just poorly written and poorly thought out. Just any semblance of detail about the songs would have been a major redeeming quality but there's almost nothing in the "notes" that is not completely and totally subjective. It's like he spent maybe 5 minutes writing out this post specifically to get people to go look at his blog. That's seriously what I take away from this: it's linkbait.

No, we expect that when someone has the opportunity to do something which other people would pay extravagant amounts of money for, with the intent of talking about it later, they should at least pay attention or take notes. It's like I said in the shoutbox: maybe it's just because I'm a bit of a writer, but I would have been covered from my head to my toes in notes had I forgotten paper on which to write. I just cannot fathom having that kind of opportunity and the majority of what I shared with other people being: "I forgot most of it.. but it's really cool."

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  3. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

You win.

4. Tom191

Tom191 Member

Few questions for meteora man.. How do you like The Catalyst compared with the entire album? would you say its one of the stronger or weaker tracks? and finally does it have the same style/feeling that the rest of the album does?

I'm hoping theres some absolute beauties waiting for us to hear.

5. Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Like i said on LPL I must say, with each review, I'm getting more excited & worried for this album.

actually, all i can say based on these reviews is that the only thing I'm worried about is the "Lack of" guitar. Thats probably going to be the only thing I'll have gripes with if thats the case, otherwise it's pretty much postitive from there on. :)

6. ricky34024

ricky34024 Well-Known Member

Evan said on a previous post that they took up their note sheets at the pre-listening session.
    Your conjured image of a person's body being covered with notes is highly amusing! :)

7. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I didn't know you were this selfish. If I told you to read a book and then recite it word for word based off memory, could you do it? I doubt it.

8. m3te0ra m4n

m3te0ra m4n Well-Known Member

My iPhone adds stars. Weird.

They took everyones. You can blame Adam for that. *shakes fist*
    I only thought it was week because I heard it before. If it was my first listen I would have loved it too.*
    You are welcome! Just trying to get people excited :D.*
    *There are. Most of the songs blew me away from the start and I couldn't help but smile. The Catalyst flows nicely because the interlude before it runs into it. Don't judge the album from The Catalyst. The album is very different.*

@Adam posey - we had notes. We all had sheets but they were for LPU. We couldn't keep them.*

9. linkinparkZ3vil

linkinparkZ3vil burns inside the LAZORS of a thousand suns

this is gonna be awesome

10. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

That's not quite the same thing. It's more like asking someone to read a book then give a synopsis of the plot, and maybe analyse it a bit... reviewing it, basically.

11. m3te0ra m4n

I had that song sounding like NIN on my notes too :D

12. WhiteSoxLPJuan92

WhiteSoxLPJuan92 Active Member

i love you lmao (no homo)

13. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Guys...again...Evan's notes were taken away. He had to basically remember his notes, which when your head is spinning from shock, is kind of difficult to do. Lighten up on him.

14. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

That said:
    That kind of sums up what people are saying against it, and it's a good point. Obviously he wasn't obliged to write this but that's besides the point, the point being that with respect there's nothing much significant there, hence people disagreeing with the amount of significance attributed to it.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  15. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

agreed !! The dude tried his best in giving us a small review of the album !! Instead of ganging up on him, show him some respect and let this go already !!!
    Can some one post more reviews ???

16. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

People need to quit bitching. It's not the end of the world, everyone will know what the album sounds like in two weeks time.

17. m3te0ra m4n

I totally understand peoples views on lack of info. If I lived closer it would have been better but I did what I could. It was tough though just being blown away by everything.

18. awesomesauce

awesomesauce New Member

19. iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

The event invite was in a general LPU email. We emailed Adam our contact info and they randomly picked 19 people that applied.

20. iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.