More ATS Notes From LPU Pre-Listening

Discussion in 'News' started by turtleguy556, Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

I know i am repetetive, but give a listen to My Violent Heart chorus of NIN, is not boring at all lol and you will find some similarities to this too...

@adam.posey: i don't believe this is HT mirror. And i like how turtleguy defined it as a "reinvention" of those first albums.
    If i have to be sincere, when i heared this the first 4-6 times i didn't think a single time in HT nor Meteora nor anything else, until the people talked about it and i read it and still i cannot recognize those albums in those few seconds.
    It's LP style but yet different and it will surely fix in a magnific way into the album.

erasus

erasus Well-Known Member

NiN has 1 good song for sex 1 good song for dancing 1 for headbanging ...and the rest is ... well it goes deep and leaves you sitting and slowly moving your head almost agreeing with the lyrics lol
    + On the heavier NIN songs the distrortion is so mutch you can barely enjoy the beat
    This was my last NIN related post lol sry for the offtopic i just dont like every1 saying ..."Hey this sounds like NIN" been reading comparisin posts all day

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
    Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Sounds like you've only listened to 3 NIN songs. But let's not get too off topic.

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

I think... well i doubt it will be a teenie song for the simple starting reason of the title. Then the band grew about that since MTM already.
    And another thing which kinda proves this is anything like HT: it's kick ass and well sounding. What i mean? If it would be like HT 10 years later it would be awful, because the band wanted to change, and automaticly it would mean the song would NOT sound NATURAL flowing.
    Example of Korn: i am not a fan of that band but they made some really nice songs. The latest album tho is a pain in the spine, i rarely heared something so bad and i think it comes because they tried to cover their own selves of 13 years ago and it came out pretty bad simply because there is no feeling at all. First vocals with fake angst screamings etch ethc and then the music gets quite messy often.
    Wretched & Kings sounds brilliant, clean, natural, not forced at all to be done for anyone else than the band itself. I know is exaggerated all these adjectives after 15 seconds but i trust also all the reviews we got of that yet.

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

I heard it and thought 1980s hip-hop. Then I thought Fort Minor. And then I thought "It's got the rock/hip-hop feel like old LP, but it doesn't have that feel"

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Yeah... it's how i felt aside the "old LP part" but that is just me, probably because i don't search purposely for the past unless it's clearly evident. I can think this is a different way Again to approach rock and hip hop but i don't think in HT because i move on haha, really it didn't even get into my mind... when i listen a new song i focus on it and try to travel with it without side thoughts, really...
    But it got really something from Catharsis song, and that's good i think. The intro of that song was a CD worth and now we got something even better and that's what matters.
    By the way i am excited by the outro of Blackout... bass driven hip hop.. i love bass :L

Vic

Vic No game no life

Ok Im officially sick because of the previews of this album

Ryez

Ryez Active Member

Awesome review. Can't wait for Wretches And Kings!!! Even the clip sounded awesome in the vid.

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

It's hip-hop and rock blended together by Linkin Park. From there, it's evident. Which is why people here are comparing this to past work.

m3te0ra m4n

m3te0ra m4n Well-Known Member

How in the hell did you pull that off? I want to go for LP (now) and Deadmau5...

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

I need this album NOW. It's becoming too much to bear.

turtleguy556

turtleguy556 Well-Known Member

I entered a casting to be in the pit not knowing that LP was gonna be there till today. :)

the11thdoctor

the11thdoctor Resident Time Lord

Too much to BEAR, or too much to PEDO-BEAR!!!! :pedobear:

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Wow alright, now this is more like it. Great review. And hey, I was skeptical about this release from the beginning and suddenly I'm excited, so you done your job.

hazuki

hazuki Well-Known Member

I NEED THE PREVIEWWWS NOW.

turtleguy556

turtleguy556 Well-Known Member

Just be ready for something very different.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Would you guys say The Catalyst is the weakest track (even if the song is amazing)?

iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

I was never this exited for MTM, but this album O MY GOD... I honestly dont think i can wait, i am dying after reading this review. When that clock hits 12 on the 14th i will 1)go to walmart, 2)buy it, 3)drive home right away, 4) download it on itunes and put on ipod, and 5) listen to the experience at least 4 times that night.
    I dont wanna listen to it unless i have head phones. Like the catalyst is 10 times better when i lay in bed and listen to it

Sicknode

Sicknode Breaking The Habit

Amazing review! Thank you so much for that! I can hardly wait! The excitement is eating me alive! haha. :awesome:

20. Hybrid_theory_110

Hybrid_theory_110 Member

i m also excited.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.