Wretches & Kings Coming Thursday 9/2/10

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ameenshake

ameenshake Banned

Where I live shipment would cost more that 3 times the price of the album, it will take time cuz the authorities will inspect it and they might end up f**king it up.

2. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

This equates to, "I didn't buy the album because it's too expensive, but I still want all the exclusives that everyone else gets even though I didn't pay for it." Yeah, free lunch. No excuses. No purchase, no song.

If you're going to whine about the price, then you shouldn't be whining about not getting the song that's supposed to be available ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO PRE-ORDERED IT.

3. jcmar16

jcmar16 Banned

9:02 here... no email...it'll probably be sent around the same time The Catalyst was sent...

4. OkamiSensei

OkamiSensei gas.mask.angel

+1
    For everyone talking about shipping, there's a digital copy you can pre-order too. :)

5. Bruno

Bruno Each word gets lost in the echo...

well I think you are being a little unfair now, not everybody has the same conditions that you have so we all can pre-order it online or whatsoever, I think the most LP fans gonna buy the album but don't judge anyone who can't pre-order it as you did, you're not much of an Linkin Park fan than I am I can ensure you that. But it's okay, download the song and enjoy it, anyway my respect for you decreased a lot now. have fun

6. Bruno

lol a digital copy, every fan wants a real CD in their hands not a digital copy, why would we buy a digital copy and a real cd copy after? I dont eat money if you understand me. whatever.

7. murphyLP

murphyLP The blood of innocence burning in the skies

+1

Couldn´t agree more!!!

8. jcmar16

jcmar16 Banned

the ones who can't pre-order shouldn't ask for an illegal upload of the song, the douchebags have a point, they're just being jerks about it. Everybody wins.

9. Minus

Think about it this way: the people who PRE-ORDERED THE ALBUM are getting an exclusive listen of ATS. What makes you think that people who didn't pre-order it deserve the same thing? If you're going to buy the album at a store, you're entitled to listen to it WHEN YOU MAKE YOUR PURCHASE.

If anything, the only thing that's unfair is that those of us that pre-ordered the album are getting ripped off, because our 'exclusive listen' of Wretches and Kings will eventually be leaked out by some idiot.

Also, learn how to edit your posts. Double posting is not approved around here.

10. Bruno

lol dude I make all the posts that I want you are no mod to tell me what I can or I can't do.

second, I'm not going to argue with you I thought we were all fans here and if I did pre-ordered the cd I would be really happy to put this song online, why? because if it was me, like I am now, I would love to make the other LP fans that CAN'T pre-order it, have a chance to listen to the song. I don't give a shit if I am the first person in the world listening to this, I just wanted all of us to listen it. but it's ok it's your opinion, I don't really have the same opinion that's all. peace.

11. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

This is a really awesome offer for those that pre-ordered from lp.com. Congrats to all that will be getting the email! :)

I will be picking my copy up at a local bestbuy when the album comes out so no preview for me but I don't want it either. Yes it's killing me but I want to hear the song when I buy the album.

It's just a choice I made. Nothing against anyone who wants to hear it now. Enjoy it!

Also people stop asking for the song. It's called an exclusive for a reason. :p

12. @LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

+1

Not to mention, Linkin Park didn't set out to make it some drama-filled-fuckfest (excuse my language) by making it into some huge debate about shipping costs to random countries. Hence, the digital download. If you wanted access to the songs before anyone else, pre-order and do it from the band's website. That was your option as a fan. If you want to download the leaked album while still supporting the band, do what I ALWAYS do. I pre-ordered the album from the band's site. That way as soon as it leaks I can download it. I know my money went straight through LinkinPark.com during the pre-order, I'll have the leak for a few days until my digital download arrives and then my actual album will arrive in the mail.

13. Minus

And I quote from the rules of the forum:

It also makes you guilty of piracy and able to be sued by Warner Brothers. Just saying.

EDIT: more quotes from the rules.

14. El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I didn't preorder it but I'm still gonna get it at the same time as the people who did preorder.

Don't be so bitter, no one forced you to pay 60 or whatever dollars for the preorder. There are people who don't have that much money. I'm probably not gonna buy the album this year because I need all my money for other more important shit. And I'm still gonna download it the second it leaks. That's the way it is and if anyone doesn't like it, they can write a letter to Mike and complain to him. End of story.

15. evulture

evulture Banned

i dont know WHY a single song is getting on people's nerves even before it hasnt even been released or leaked. The most important thing is that everyone could enjoy the music and thats it. Not all the billions of people have similar financial/geographical situation as you have. So GROW UP !

16. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

No point feeling like you're getting ripped off really. It's the internet.. the song is BOUND to leak. You should know this by now.

17. ricky34024

ricky34024 Well-Known Member

Wait! We're getting the full song!....................
    [skipping in my front yard & performing my first pirouette]

18. Minus

The issue isn't whether it's going to leak. The issue is that people are REQUESTING those of us who do get the e-mail to share it, as if they're entitled to it.

19. hivoltage

hivoltage Member

There is nothing ethically wrong with someone seeking out a leaked copy of a song or the rest of the album. As long as they fully intend to purchase it, then no theft is occurring and the band is getting their money and a little bit of pre-promotion too because they will probably be sharing it with their friends.

This argument that "you are not supporting the band" by doing that is absolute nonsense and makes you sound like those moronic record executives that don't know how to cope with the digital age.

20. @LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

That's where others disagree with you. Do you not understand that the band offered us the chance to BUY these exclusives? So you would just throw that away? That's bullshit. People have been doing that with the LPU for years and it's pissed me off. I know leaks are going to happen. I'm all for sharing music, but to say... "Hey, I realize Linkin Park offered you the chance to have music delivered early & exclusively, but I don't give a shit what they are you think. Share it." It ruins the concept of what they wanted as a band and what we want as fans who paid for that access.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.