Win Tickets To The A Thousand Suns Laser Event Courtesy of LPAssociation.com!

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

The LPA are pleased to announce a giveaway where one lucky winner has the chance to pick up tickets to the Laser Light A Thousand Suns Listening Event which is taking place in LA September 7th. We have a select number of tickets to give away!

[​IMG]

Contest / How To Enter:

• Linkin Park recently released a new track from A Thousand Suns titled "Wretches & Kings". Check out the link below if you've yet to hear it! All you have to do to have a chance of winning is post a small paragraph in the comments of this post about what you think of the track and what you like about it. So be as creative as possible and we will pick the winners at random on Sunday, September 5th.

Terms & Conditions:

• Please make sure you can make your own way to the location on September 7.
    • This only includes 2 tickets to the show per winner; travel and accommodation is not included.
    • Do not enter if you can't make it! This will hinder your chances of future contests & giveaways, so only enter if you are serious and want to go.

Members of LP will be doing a Q&A with select fans after the show, join LPUX now to get tickets without entering this contest and to have a chance at accessing the Q&A!

To pre-order LPUX and secure yourself a ticket to the event without entering this contest, go to linkinpark.com/lpu or RSVP for the event (if you are already an LPU member) by logging into http://www.lpunderground.com!

The event will take place at the following location on September 7th.

THE MUSIC BOX
    6126 Hollywood Boulevard
    Hollywood, CA 90028

Good luck to all who enter and please only enter if you are serious about attending the show, we will announce the winners on September 5th.

***CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED. CONGRATS TO OUR WINNERS: LOVE_LP, LPKORNFAN22 AND UNKNOWN1019 WHO HAVE WON TICKETS TO THE SHOW. PLEASE VIEW THE THREAD FOR DETAILS ON HOW TO CLAIM YOUR TICKETS. WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU FAIL TO FOLLOWUP***

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Too far away for me. Good luck people.

Martinez

Martinez Active Member

Nice banner XD.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

sure is far ;)

pytt

pytt Self-proclaimed Genius

Waaaiit a sec.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Obviously if a review is so impeccably well written we'll consider it to be a winner. We just have the random thing to let people know we're going to try to be as FAIR as possible.

We have more then one pair to give out.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Yeah, it's also an incentive for people to try and write something decent, rather than people posting rushed crap just to be in the contest. Wouldn't you rather read a well thought out and creative paragraph? :)

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

I love that Mike firin' his LAZARZ banner!

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Just commenting on the banner. Nice banner :lol:.

I can't attend this. It's 3000 miles away and I have school. Good luck to the entries!

LinkinParkForever275

LinkinParkForever275 Linkin Park is my religion!

the banner is so cool :D

love_lp

love_lp Try To Catch Up..

Do we write the paragraph to enter here on this board?

Derek

Yep. Just gotta have transportation to the event as the LPA will not provide travel.

love_lp

Ok perfect, thank you
    I live near Hollywood so cool :)
    Here is my review::

Wretches & Kings. Upon reading this track title a while back, I knew it would be a favorite of mine. So of course, Linkin Park did not disappoint.
    The first time I heard the track I was already dancing. The beat. This beat is sick (the good kind), you can’t help but dance or at least nod your head. Mike’s rapping is so strong to match the beat, and it just works amazingly. Chester’s part surprised me at first. I honestly thought he was singing in a different language, but he’s just getting his voice way down into the beat. His voice matches perfectly as well. I had to listen to the song again right away, to pay closer attention to the lyrics. The lyrics are great, they have such intense meaning, which makes the song that much more perfect. I LOVE this new song and will have it on repeat for a long time. I can’t wait to hear this live!!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
    lpkornfan22

lpkornfan22 Well-Known Member

Ok So
    Wretches And Kings to me, feels like a cumulation of the work that Linkin Park has done from Hybrid Theory up until now. It has their familiar style to it. (Mike rapping and Chester giving a catchy chorus) But it also contains a new flavor that keeps it with the different arc of A Thousand Suns. I love how the rapping and chorus are changed to fit the flow of the song as it feels like it has more feeling and power in it. Chester sings very reggae-ish and Mike's raps are more powerful and the rest of the band brings and extra Punch to the song. Wretches and Kings has really taken me to another level by realizing how you creative you can be with a familiar style. It is almost undescribalble because it has the familiar Linkin Park style but has a that extra twist that completely changes everything. It is one of my favorite songs by the band to date and I am ecstatic to hear the new album! :headbang:

hybrid1988

hybrid1988 Fever Daydream

I figured I'd post this here since it is somewhat related; If I get in to the Q&A session with LP at the laser show what would you guys like me to ask? I am drawing blanks as far as original questions are concerned and I definitely do not want to ask the same questions they have been getting since they started the press cycle for ATS.

Derek

To hybrid and who else has entered: Whoever ends up winning, if you get into the Q&A you MIGHT be representing LPA for the event. So write your entries well ;).

lpkornfan22

lpkornfan22 Well-Known Member

When Will We Know?? (I'm Sorry I'm Impatient hahaha)

Derek

Since this contest was limited to a very small area, and thus only yielded a limited amount of entries, I'm pleased to say that all three entrants (lpkornfan22, unknown1019 and love_lp) will be going to this concert! Congratulations folks! Please send me a PM with your contact email, and your first and last name so that LPUHQ can follow up with you guys to go to the show.

Please make sure you have transportation, as we will not provide a way to the show.

love_lp

OMG!!! I am so EXCITED!
    Congrats to the other winners :D see you guys there!

Derek

No problem. Your info has been forwarded to LPUHQ. You should be contacted today or early tomorrow with information. Enjoy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.