Headphone shopping thread

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Adam., Aug 18, 2010.

Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

A new album is upon us that will require more, greater, headphone equipment for maximum enjoyment. So, it's incumbent on us to have the "What kind of headphones would be good?" talk.

At the upper end I'm looking at Sennheiser 595s and Beats by Dre Noise Canceling phones. Any more we should add to the list of good phones?

Mr_Choco

Mr_Choco Site Voayer

I have Roland RH-50 and I'm very satisfied with them, good isolation from environmental sounds. Haven't checked the two mentioned, i know that Beast by Dre isn't available here.

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

Sennheiser cx300's are brilliant for their price. Be warned; they will probably only last you a few months with heavy usage.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

I've got Sennheiser HD-25's. They're awesome. Expensive, but you get what you pay for. (Y)

colinreid

colinreid Well-Known Member

I own the Beats By Dr. Dre Studio edition and I have to say these are totally worth the money and amazing / epic bass / sound coming from them and I think that these would be the way to experience the ATS album with.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
    Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

I think I'll be getting the Sennheiser 555s to listen to this album with. $160-ish.

OkamiSensei

OkamiSensei gas.mask.angel

I just got the Sony Giiqs from the Piqq line last month. They're pretty good for their price, actually.

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

I have the senn 595's and there amazing. You have to break them in right. The bass on them isnt the greatest but they weren't made for that anyways. Its HD HQ sharp music. It will pick up every little noise that you wouldn't normally be able to pick up. Dr. Dre beats are a joke to the Audiophile world. Sure the bass is great but other than that.... they have nothing to offer. I can buy a 45 dollar bass headphones with the same expectations. If anyone needs help on breaking them in I know some good processes.

Edit: The 595's will last you the rest of your life. Guarantee it

Edit Edit: The Senns downfall is that they leak like hell.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
    Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

How on earth do I start the same thread a while ago and hardly get any replies and this gets a bunch? Strange people. :p

In-ears are amazing - I have a pair of Sennheiser MM200s for when I'm on the go.

rcm034

rcm034 Well-Known Member

I recently got some Grado SR80i's off of amazon, and they are AMAZING. They don't add extra bass like some headphones do, but you get all the bass that is in the recording super clear. They have a break in time though, they will sound really weird out of the box. Just plug them in and blast music through them for a few hours and then they start to sound super good. Only 99 bucks too, and better than my old bose ones.

http://hometheaterreview.com/grado-sr80i-dynamic-headphones-reviewed/

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

For people who aren't Audiophiles like me, get some Sennheiser HD 201s. The bass is great on em, and they sound good, for something I payed 20 dollars for.

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

Grado is downright the most amazing brand of headphones. You just need the right amp for those and they are expensive as hell. I recommend this: http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-E7-Porta...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1283839453&sr=8-1

They are cheap as hell for the quality.

Jacob

Jacob Guest

Just got Klipsch Image S4 earphones, sound quality is amazing. I'd highly recommend these if you're looking for something that fits in your pocket and costs less than $100.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
    Grizzly Bear

Grizzly Bear The Downfall

Sennheiser's are great for their price. I got mine for about $40-$50 and the only complaint I had was that the speakers fit too tightly around my ears. I don't remember the exact price but they were cheap for their sound quality. Unfortunately, they stolen months ago, so I decided to go for broke and bought a pair of Bose QuietComfort 15. The sound quality on these beauties can't be described with words any words less than "immaculate". I don't regret spending a single penny of my $350+ purchase.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
    Polychromatic

Polychromatic Banned

I use Skullcandy ink'd. I am not a picky person when it comes to earphones.