A Thousand Suns Clips

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turtleguy556

turtleguy556 Well-Known Member

To be honest for Robot Boy not to sound boring you have to hear how it fits in the album. It comes right after Mike punching the listener in the face with when they come for me.

2. turtleguy556

Haha just trying to bring some insight.

3. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

dude ur such a tease lol..so all these amazing sounding clips have more to them than what we hear??

4. DJIntensity

DJIntensity Well-Known Member

SPOILER

Burning in the Skies and Iridescent sound almost the same. I hope something cool happens in the end of Iridescent.

5. Pedro18

Pedro18 Well-Known Member

Purely amazing than. Thank you.

6. turtleguy556

But as far as Burning In The Skies goes, the only reason I like it is cause I like singing it. The music parts of it aren't anything really HUGE to open the record with as a first full song. The song isn't even really experimental like the rest of the cd. To me it was a generic start. I love to sing it though.

7. turtleguy556

Yea the clips are boring. Wait for the full songs. Then listen all the way through, one after another.

8. Moviten

Moviten [Teh Unknown]

And for the record, even if I am not bitching about lack of guitar, I do feel that it's a bit disappointing. It's not like you can't make an original sound with guitar. I mean look at bands like Tool, they achieve amazingly original things and still use a bunch of guitar and bass in their songs. But eh...this is okay because the album sounds pretty intriguing from what I've now heard.

9. cook

cook Banned

As what we know, it seems that A Thousand Suns flows by itself and explodes around Blackout and Wretches and Kings, not like the other albums, which start blowing your mind (Papercut, Don't Stay, Given Up) and so.

10. evulture

evulture Banned

Not being too harsh (and i know these are just snippets) but i m truly disappointed from what i have heard so far. I have heard that people say that bands evolve and this is quite understandable. BUT this is 'NOT' the way .. I mean they have gone more MELLOW and SOFT after every album. I can bet that if u guys for once FORGET that this is made by linkin park, then no one would even spit on the album. EVERY GOOD BAND EVOLVE I UNDERSTAND BUT THEY ATLEAST STICK TO THEIR ROOTS. I am sorry but they are just running on reputation and thats it.

HT = Nu-Metal and DIFFERENT
    Meteora = A more like softer side of nu-metal
    Minutes 2 Midnight = Way too slow and pop-ish kinda sound.
    AThousand Suns = I might be wrong but its more slow and pop and ORDINARY sound. There is nothing GENRE-BUSTING in this to be frank. But i might be wrong as these are snippets but on the other hand, snippets give some picture of what kinda sound the album will have.

Next Album and its sound might be ..

A Million Galaxies (i thought of this album name as they are getting too fond of space and time :p ) = will compromise of ONLY acoustic tracks with mike still TRYING to sing and chester helping him out .. dont know what the other band members might be doing :p :p

11. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

many people complain how Mike sounds Jamaican in Waiting For The End...does he continue sounding like that or does he go back to his usual rap style?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  12. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Oh my God. Mike took that statement back like the day after he said it. It was supposed to be said in a joking manner.

I've seen a lot of people taking that one fucking statement to heart and decided to gauge the merit of the whole album, which they still haven't heard yet btw, solely based on that! It's just ridiculous!

13. ricky34024

ricky34024 Well-Known Member

Wow! Very different! Most of these clips are amazing, but what surprised me was the speeches. The instrumentals and effects during the speeches make them very engaging. The beats are awesome. I didn't think Jornada del Muerto didn't sound so bad for only being 1:34 long. I can't wait to listen to the whole thing!

14. Vic

Vic No game no life

Agree, btw totally out topic but Zoey Deschannel is such a cute woman x.x

15. JJ007

JJ007 Member

The Requiem and The Radiance sound like freaking movie scores! (Too bad they won't be in Transformers 3)
    Iridescent gives me that 80s, 90s nostalgia.
    Robot Boy reminds me of TLTGYA.
    Chester sounds beautiful in The messenger. Not sure about the acoustic guitar though.
    So many different elements ,it's very hard to put them into any specific genre. I guess that was the point.
    Amazing album!

16. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

wow, I am definitely going to love this album after the clips O_O

17. SonnyIanni

SonnyIanni Well-Known Member

I was a huge LP fan. I've kept it together for all these years but THIS?! These snippets make Minutes To Midnight look like a masterpiece. The only track I hear with a guitar is The Messenger. I almost cried it was that bad. It sounds like the only people performing of the record are Chester and Mike. BE HYBRID THEORY/METEORA BAND OR DON'T BE A BAND AT ALL!

18. rcm034

rcm034 Well-Known Member

I think waiting for the end sounds like it will mess up some genre definitions, you have reggae rapping, alternative sounding (or whatever) chorus, beatles type deal in the clip etc.. This album seems like it will be filled with stuff that traditionally wouldn't be in the same song, or even the same artist. If not genre busting, then genre combining in new ways or something.

19. Spin

Spin Chaos that defies imagination

/facepalm

20. Vic

Vic No game no life

Double facepalm :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.