Got News?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Mark, May 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

It's already been posted but thanks though! :)

2. El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

3. swsrd

swsrd Active Member

4. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

What if they're all actually labeling it Waiting for the End when it's in reality Burning in the Skies? :lol:

5. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Thanks, yeah. I've had this on for the past couple hours, they should be playing it in 15 minutes roughly.

6. Jesse

Are you going to rip it Joe? I would but the OS I'm using doesn't support stereo mix recording with my soundcard.

7. luisjs

luisjs Active Member

8. Fatal

Fatal Well-Known Member

9. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

10. Fatal

Fatal Well-Known Member

You said it! It was more of a 'lets hype this news by making the letters big' thing.

11. Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

Mother FUCKER, I just bought that for 2.99 :lol:

12. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

13. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Thanks, but that's been in the Waiting For The End news post for a few hours now, haha.

14. Jeff

oh lol my bad

15. Jeff

http://www.linkinpark.com/profiles/blogs/a-thousand-suns-bonus-content I dont know if this has been posted yet, or if anyone is aware of all the features yet for the iTunes Deluxe edition.

iTunes Features:
    -20 'In the Studio' Exclusive photos
    -30 min 'Making the Album' Documentary
    -Cool Linkin Park Visualizers
    -Secret Code Puzzle
    -The Catalyst Music Video
    -Blackbirds (From the 8-Bit Rebellion App!) Non-Album Track

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  16. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Secret Code Puzzles sound good.

17. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

New ATS review from German radio station Njoy:

Linkin Park – A Thousand Suns

"Eine Sache wussten wir von Anfang an – dass wir kein vorhersehbares Album machen wollten", beschreibt Mike Shinoda die Arbeit an ihrem vierten Studioalbum. Zwei Jahre haben sie an "A Thousand Suns" gebastelt, und das Ergebnis ist tatsächlich eine Überraschung. Das Album klingt sehr vielschichtig und experimentell und weniger poppig als sein Vorgänger "Minutes To Midnight". Mike Shinoda rappt wieder mehr, DJ Joe Hahn scratcht wieder mehr, die Beats sind düsterer und die Klangwände gewaltiger. Auch die klassischen Songstrukturen werden immer wieder aufgebrochen. Die erste Single "The Catalyst" zum Beispiel hat streng genommen gar keinen Refrain und ist auch sonst nicht sonderlich eingängig, der hymnische und melodiöse Part kommt erst zum Schluss. "When They Come For Me" erinnert durch Mikes Rap-Part und den sehr düsteren, kantigen Sound ein bisschen an alte Nu-Metal-Zeiten.
    Hip-Hop-Beats meets U2

"Waiting For The End" und "Wretches And Kings" wiederum hätten mit ihren oldschooligen Hip-Hop-Beats auch auf ein Fort Minor-Album gepasst. Dazwischen haben Linkin Park immer wieder atmosphärische Interludes gepackt, die die bedrohliche Grundstimmung noch verstärken. Zu den verhältnismäßig poppigen Songs zählen "Burning In The Skies" und "Iridescent". Ersterer klingt ein bisschen wie "What I’ve Done" vom letzten Album. "Iridescent" sogar ein bisschen wie U2. Am auffälligsten ist aber der letzte der insgesamt 15 Tracks, "The Messenger". Ein sehr fragiler und emotionsgeladener Song mit Akustik-Gitarre und Piano, bei dem Chester Bennington sich buchstäblich die Seele aus dem Leib singt. Ein überraschendes Ende zu einem überraschenden Album. Beide Daumen hoch!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Linkin Park - A Thousand Suns

"One thing we knew from the beginning - that we would not make a predictable album," discribes Mike Shinoda the work on LPs fourth studio album. Two years, they have tinkered with "A Thousand Suns", and the result is actually a surprise. The album sounds very complex and experimental, and less trendy than its predecessor, "Minutes to Midnight". Mike Shinoda raps more again, DJ Joe Hahn scratches more, the beats are dark and the sound walls are huge. The classic song structures are broken again and again. The first single, "The Catalyst" for example has strictly speaking, no chorus and is generally not very catchy, anthemic, and the melodic part comes only at the end. "When They Come For Me" reminds us a bit to the old Nu-Metal era with Mike's rap part and the very dark, edgy sound.
    Hip-Hop beats meets U2

"Waiting For The End" and "wretches And Kings" would fit on a Fort Monor album with their old school hip-hop beats. In between Linkin Park have always packed atmospheric interludes that reinforce the threatening mood yet. Among the relatively poppy songs include "Burning In The Skies" and "Iridescent". The former sounds a bit like "What I've Done" from the last album. "Iridescent" even a bit like U2. Most striking is, however, the last of the 15 tracks, "The Messenger". A very fragile and emotive song with acoustic guitar and piano, where Chester Bennington literally sings to the soul from the body. A surprising end to an amazing album. Both thumbs up!

PS: I have no time for a better translation now so i used google and fixed some things.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  18. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

19. Jesse

20. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.