A Thousand Suns Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dereklp

dereklp :Not here:

I am in the same boat. I said I wasn't too impressed with album from the 30 sec clips but would wait to judge till album was out. I am also on Blackout and enjoying the new album. I know I will still not like wretches though, lol.

2. dereklp

dereklp :Not here:

**DOUBLE POST***

3. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Blackout sounds like evil Nintendo platformer music.

4. Boombox

Boombox Member

Holy sh*t! Best I've heard from Linkin Park, seriously. :D

5. spursrule

spursrule Well-Known Member

Blackout is just so good. I would say i prefer this album to HT, it beats Meteora!

6. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

- - - - SPOILER ALERT - - - -

The Requiem - 8.5/10 - That shit gave me chills through my spine
    The Radiance - 8.5/10 - Great segue from The Requiem with Oppenheimer to
    Burning in the Skies - 9.5/10 - I adore this song, it is definitely otherworldly along with some of the other tracks.
    Empty Space - N/A - Can't really rate this song, since its just an interlude, but it adds onto the album quite well
    When They Come For Me - 9.3/10 - Here is some Donkey Kong shit right here! I love the beat to it, and Mike's rap is definitely strong in this one.
    Robot Boy - 8.9/10 - I was definitely not expecting this at all. It seems otherworldly as well, and has a nice ambiance to it. With a nice piano intro.
    Jornada Del Muerto - 8.9/10 - Seems like a continuation of Robot Boy, with Mike singing in Japanese I believe, as noted in previous pages. Has a nice build up in it.
    Waiting for the End - 9.5/10 - Sounds like 311 meets The Beatles in my opinion.
    Blackout - 9.4/10 - HOLY SHIT THIS IS AN INSANE TRACK! Chester and Mike seem to trade roles on this song. Chester screams like he is losing his mind on it.
    Wretches and Kings - 9/10 - This seems to be a great mashing of Public Enemy meets Nine Inch Nails. Mike is definitely going back to 90's hip hop roots, while Chester sounds like a mix between Benji Webbe from Skindred, and David Draiman from Disturbed.
    Wisdom, Justice, and Love - 9.3/10 - THEY TURNED MLK INTO A ROBOT, HIDE!! :lol: just kidding. This track is another that gave me chills after I listened to it.
    Iridescent - 9.8/10 - Wow, Mike's singing on this song is just incredible. It gives me a warm feeling every time I listen to it. The whole band singing on this song is just amazing. I can't wait to see what they do with this song live.
    Fallout - 8.5/10 - Not sure who is singing in this song, it's a little weird for me, but haunting nonetheless.
    The Catalyst - 9/10 - We all know what this song sounds like, so I'm not going to give a description on that.
    The Messenger - 9.7/10 - WTF? There seems to be too much hate on this song. It felt really emotional to me, and I just adore it. Chester seems to be singing his heart out on this song. It doesn't feel totally part of the album, but it was a great way to end it in my opinion

Overall - 9.5/10

Best I have heard LP since Minutes to Midnight, and I can't wait to see what they do next.

7. CureForTheSession

CureForTheSession Well-Known Member

When They Come For Me> being alive

That said, the album is too short. I don't like all the interludes. Just give me some songs, gosh dang it. I appreciate a cool concept album as much as the next guy, but thats still no excuse to have so few actual SONGS.

8. The iSCREAM

The iSCREAM Active Member

Didn't u all realize?? Waiting for the end at first the intro sounded like a song from Jay-z ft. Alicia keys - The empire state of mind (New York) lol... well that's my opinion XD.

9. Decimat3d

Decimat3d Member

Ahh piss! Screw those downloaders!!! I was hoping it wouldn't happen till afterwards, cause it would have to happen sooner or later. W/e I already pre-ordered so hell yea! I'll wait.

10. spursrule

Luckily all the songs are great!

11. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

Haha
    The song is crazy! Must be a treat for Japanese fans. :awesome:

12. spursrule

Wtcfm is a proper bhangra/ rock fusion, my favourite track!

13. Decimat3d

Decimat3d Member

I think the beat is really similar, but the rest of the song? no way. it's magic. BTW Mikeshinoda.com has 'Waiting for the End' for play.http://mikeshinoda.com/2010/09/07/waiting-for-the-end-video-w-lyrics/#comment-66133

14. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Here's my attempt at ranking the songs after my first listen, not including the interlude-type tracks:

01. When They Come For Me
    02. The Messenger
    03. Burning In The Skies
    04. Waiting For The End
    05. Blackout
    06. Iridescent
    07. Robot Boy
    08. Wretches and Kings
    09. The Catalyst

15. rusa162

rusa162 Well-Known Member

i am so glad that LPs album ill be here in Estonia on 10th of September. I will do as Joe said buy the ordinary CD while waiting for DE. Thanks Joe!:p

16. leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

I've thoroughly enjoyed this album so far on the handful of listens I've had. It is my current favorite Linkin Park record, though time will tell if it remains that way.

17. murphyLP

murphyLP The blood of innocence burning in the skies

Man...this is exactly what i´ve thought!!!
    The same opinion you have!!!

And about Iridescent when I heard it the first thing was imagine a festival and 80.000 people singing the choir part!!! AMAZING CD... i´m really proud of this band

18. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I'm pretty sure Jornada Del Muerto is in Japanese.

/irony.

19. The iSCREAM

The iSCREAM Active Member

lol hell yeah i agree with that.. but at first all ppl in the world would be thinking if this song has spanish lyrics inside XD but as a matter of fact all we thought is TOTALLY WRONG.. oh mike, this is the best surprise ever!!!

20. Ant

Ant Ambient

Wait... that was their last album... lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.