NY Daily News A Thousand Suns Impressions

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Gman2887

Gman2887 Well-Known Member

Actually this is a very good and well written review, even if I don't think it's how I'll feel toward the album. At least the guy actually knows how to write a professional piece without relying on bad jokes like "apocalyptic piano" guy.

But for those who said the review is mostly judging the album on Linkin Park's past reputation has it down pat. It's as if these critics don't want to accept this particular band is capable of creating high art and resort to denial. At least that's how this review reads.

Maybe not exactly "honest," but at least it provides a well written opposing viewpoint.

saifahm

saifahm Member

screw him

Nabuka

Nabuka New Member

I made an account on the spot once I found this article.

I feel like this review is not in any way, shape, or form, a fair review. This is an article that should be in the "OPINIONS" portion of the NY Times, considering that's what it is.

First off, "you need a skill set and character worth stretching. And nothing in Linkin Park's past, or present, suggests that's in play." Doesn't that mean he's saying they aren't good? Just a clarification question.

Wretches and Kings, is what many fans consider to be close to the old Linkin Park. The difference between Linkin Park then, and now, is the fact that they grew up. Rather than talking about self, they talk about us as a people. Don't get me wrong, I loved all LP up until now, but it just seems like anything that has to do with the world, people always label as "Political". Sure, they talk about the government, does that really make the whole song bad? What happened to music and lyrics working together, and making a good song, rather than just criticizing the music.

Pink Floyd was good for their time, they were great. His comparisons are garbage. All this guy does is compare their songs to other artists, rather than looking at them as an individual band. Why not give us a real review rather than an opinion article? Are the lyrics meaningful? Is the CD diverse? This album is a "Genre Buster" for a reason. Music changes overtime. If Linkin Park made the SAME MUSIC they made back in the 90's, there would be no growth, no experimenting with other styles, no expanding on what they DO know. Imagine if all artists just stuck with what they know throughout the years.. Their CD's would sound EXACTLY THE SAME every time.

I have a friend that says he doesn't like Linkin Park. He says "All the songs sound the same". I slapped him across the face and told him to actually listen to more than one cd.

But Yeah.. I like Wretches and Kings, I like The Catalyst, and the clips from the other songs sound great. Can't wait for the cd.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Wow, this review probably pissed me off more than the other negative review. This guy came in and just started attacking the band effortlessly. I understand that there are going to be negative remarks about the album, but there are more respective ways to do so.

Tweak

Tweak Well-Known Member

The author sounds like he doesn't like the album cause it is not mainstream, and Linkin Park made it. lol

Stormus08

Stormus08 Well-Known Member

I emailed him Derrick. It wasn't exactly nice either. I can't wait for the explanation for such bias and unprofessionalism.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Stop emailing the guy. He's gotten his abuse lol.

We're done abusing him now :D.

Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

NY Daily News... Rupert Murdoch... that's all I gotta say.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

That's an idea! *grabs a torch* Who got a match?

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Awww I just started. *pouts*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.