A Thousand Suns Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

MLK's speech gives me chills.

2. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

i mentioned that...and i love Chester's voice but Mike did improve his since Minutes to Midnight..he sounds so much softer and i like it

3. mmmmtastycookies

mmmmtastycookies Not black & white, only organized confusion

A very solid album from LP, I'm happy with it. It's cool to see them put so much dedication towards this album. After Meteora and M2M, I couldn't help but think that with some of their songs it felt like they took an easy way out. Some of their older songs just felt like they were easy to replicate and easily structured. ATS certainly puts to bed any of those concerns. They definitely prove they can write some interesting and unique music with this cd, as well as put some twists on their familiar styles, and for that, LP gets an A. My lone complaint about the album is the overuse of "robotic" noises and sounds. But when you think about the context of the album, and the story it's telling, you can learn to get passed that.

I think that after a few more listens through the album, these songs will really stand out a lot more. So far I really like Iridiscent, When They Come for Me, Blackout, and W&K. I agree that The Catalyst is miles better after listening to the album all the way through. I was really surprised with a lot of contradiction in beats, synth sounds, and vocal effects. Hearing theses songs are going to be really, really fun live. I commend LP for putting out music that they are proud of, and withstood the pressures of commercial appeal.

This album is already waaaayyy better than M2M in my opinion

4. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

I didn't want to put words in your mouth :lol:

5. iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

or put it in there signature

6. bigdiximab

bigdiximab Member

I'm amazed at the number of fanboys on this forum. Any hint of dislike for this album is always met with "omfgzwow how can u not like da best album evar!" Let people voice their opinion. If you like the way lp is going fine, but I, for one, don't. Just don't get your panties in a twist when I say it. I like how lp used to sound and I agree with the comments that this new sound isn't natural for the band. Mike said before in one of his Fort Minor songs that lp was signed for the way they sounded and nobody should try to change that, but why are they changing themselves? They have so much more talent than what this album has shown.

7. dereklp

dereklp :Not here:

I still don't see how age is relevant to anything...

8. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Rush, Opeth, Deftones, Porcupine Tree, Frost*, Dream Theater (old school), Megadeth, Metallica (old school), NIN, CombiChrist, Team Sleep, etc.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  9. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Most likely a maturity factor with these comments.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Linkin Park and related, Bullet for My Valentine, Metric, Rise Against, Andrew WK, Beastie Boys, Apathy, Street Sweeper Social Club, Breaking Benjamin to name a few.

10. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

You DO realize that was 10 years ago right?

This album shows they have more talent they most people give them credit for.

IDK what to say to you if you honestly think HT and Meteora was the best use of their skills, but I heard the wizard down the yellow brick road might have some help for you in the form of the second heaviest part of the human body.

11. bigdiximab

bigdiximab Member

Couldn't have said it better myself. That song just blows.

12. dereklp

Meh, I just don't get some people on here.

13. dereklp

Considering HT was 6 years in the making, at the time that was the full extent of their skills.

jay, I don't think it was maturity.

14. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

SEVEN YEARS after Meteora and still can't get over it I see. Maybe in ten years, you will. Who knows.

15. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Uhhhh....what?

Xero formed in 96...

Album dropped in 2000..

That's 4 years and most of the songs from that mixtape didn't make it onto HT.

16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

How does everyone feel about "Waiting For The End" being the next single?

Though, it could always still change.

17. dereklp

Yeah, typo on my part, but I am still correct.

18. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

He was mainly referencing people outside the band, Jeff Blue primarily, who were trying to change them. Mike has said it himself that they got bored of their old sound. And quite frankly, so did a vast amount of LP fans were bored of it too. Linkin Park changing was a necessary part of their career to stay relevant as more than just a "one-trick-pony".

19. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I'm amazed that anyone who disagrees with a negative review is a "fanboy".

Absolutely, you're entitled to your opinion, but it's been addressed time and time again that anyone expecting a rehash of their old sound found on Hybrid Theory and Meteora should save their breath since the band has said it wasn't going to happen. Chester had a quote recently about that exact premise, and the band wrote an entire verse on this new album addressing people like you who are too fixated on their rap-rock phase (from 7-10 years ago, might I add) to agree to give the new album a real listen.

"I am not the fortune and the fame, or the same person telling you to forfeit the game, I came in the ring like a dog on a chain, and found out the underbelly's sicker than it seems. And it seems ugly, but it can get worse, 'cause even a blueprint is a gift and a curse, 'cause once you have a theory of how the thing works, everybody wants the next thing to be just like the first. And I'm not a robot, I'm not a monkey..."

AND most importantly:

"Try to catch up, motherfucka"

It's just that close-minded reviews like that are not worth reading since it was obvious you weren't going to give the band a real shot at trying something different because you want Hybrid Theory III.

(P.S.: I don't love every single thing the band does. For instance, the next line in WTCFM is "I will not dance, even if the beat's funky" is, in my opinion, an awful line.)

20. Quiksand

Quiksand Member

I believe it's a great song for the next single. I think Iridescent and Burning in the Skies would also be good singles

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.