A Thousand Suns Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

As I've said before, yeah - in the end, I'm fine with fans 'giving up' on Linkin Park after hearing this album or whatever ... the problem is, they won't actually give up - they'll stick around to bitch and moan. Forever.

2. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I've come to the conclusion that, 90% of the crowd that doesn't like this are either stuck on Hybrid Theory/Meteora and they probably don't have a very wide range of music genre's in their library. In order to appreciate this, you really need to have a liking for almost every type of genre that's in the book and you also need to realize what the band are trying to accomplish. The record tells a story from start to finish, and it's mainly the reason why there are so many interludes. Interludes aren't bad, they carry songs in one free-flow motion like a raft in a river. If it weren't for the interludes, this would be just a collection of songs put together and it wouldn't have any flow.

I really love this CD and I'm not just saying that because it just got leaked and I'm still on the release high, it's just the truth. The lyrics are phenomenal for Linkin Park, the sounds rock my skull and melt my inner soul all at once. It makes me bang my metal head at some points while making my hips move like rumba. I haven't heard anything this fresh since Hybrid Theory. And even with how great that record is, what separates that boy (Hybrid Theory) from this beast (A Thousand Suns) is how it was put together.

3. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Its like the younger sibling that just wont leave you alone, that you just want to kick in the shin.

4. lpsquall

lpsquall Member

I understand your statement above. LP did succeed in creating an album that requires the listener to play the album from start to finish. However, I believe this can also have a negative effect. There interludes are one to many and I wish they made some of the interludes as an actual song.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  5. Sonic

Need a 320 version now, will probably be more epic sounding.

6. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I honestly don't mind that there are "only 9 songs", because those "only 9 songs" are better than all 12 on Hybrid Theory.

7. Sonic

Did I mention the drums rule on When They Come for Me?

8. tschenneck

tschenneck Well-Known Member

I really should stop reading amazon reviews, or i need new computer acessoires tomorrow. My keyboard is almost dead by reading this shit. Respectless fuckers that don't accept that ATS is a masterpiece and that LP has changed.

9. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Looking forward to sticking this bad boy on soon for the first time today. Listening with a fresh pair of ears, maybe I'll have more insight to the songs which are my favourites.

10. Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

Ok...are both of you from VN?

I think I must thank this album for kick those "close-minded" fans out of the room. I think, more music-wide-range fans will join us somehow. Hope not another "close-mind" one that gonna bitching LP not sound like they were on ATS =)

11. Minus

FTFY.

12. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

What if your sibling has no balls? :shifty:

13. Minus

I'm not. I'm Cambodian. I have quite a few Viet friends, and I've eaten enough Pho Dac Biet that I can make Viet jokes. :lol:

They have to have balls to not like this ridonkulously gopher-kicking gratuitous-amounts-of-violence-inducing masterpiece of an album.

14. Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

LMAO :D

Actually, I could tell you more joke XD

15. Shayan86

Shayan86 Well-Known Member

All the Interludes are great, the album would have been incomplete without them.

16. merrillmind

merrillmind Well-Known Member

I listened last night and needed to process it all once again bravo Mike,Chester,Brad,Dave,Rob and Joe a masterpeice from start to finish to respond to sumb very stupid things being said let me just say anyone who doesnt feel chester worked very hard or pushed himself are fn retarded the simplistic beauty and depth he acheived vocally will be remebered forever to sing these songs with such pure vocal ability 11yrs down the road still is just awe inspiring Mike is still and maybe always be an underated emcee but WTCFM proves why shutting people who wants repeats and sequels or a trilogy that on a mic hes fn untouchable you can hear the whole band and they will pull it off live cause as many fans know all of them are multi talented so expect alot of first when they start touring as far as whats going on and whos playing what in closing let me just say after a decade you guys still matter and you put out a flawless record so well produced I can only begin to barely comprehend what you will give us in a few more years but for now Im never more happy to love LP when you guys reward us with an instant classic of an album BRAVO GENTLEMEN oh and p.s if this doesnt earn you album of the year at the grammys then its a fn shame

17. Minus

Ouch.

18. mrhahn98

mrhahn98 Member

Who do you call "another "close-mind" one that gonna bitching LP" ? kid.

I myself think ATS is an awesome album, even though i missed the HT-MT days, but i'm glad that LP gone another direction and still kick ass with it. I love them and will support them for whatever they chose to be.

And if you love ATS, then it's okay for people to hate ATS. Everyone has their own opinion, learn to respect that. There are many reason for people to hate ATS, either they hate it for what it is, or they just expect another Hybrid Theory. Whatever the reason is, it's people like you who should stop bashing others just because they dont like ATS.

...Dont bash your own country either, many people will love this album, hardcore fan or just new comers.

19. bojkic

bojkic Member

. , ! ? : ; ... you need these

20. Minus

You sir have gained my respect. Have a cookie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.