A Thousand Suns Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Don't let Cookie Monster see you giving away his cookies.

2. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Not needed here, sir.

3. Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

What? I didn't bash you. And I didn't even mention VN in the bashing list. Look at it again.

I must say that I was so angry to see that people still bitching on LP even though they explained themselves so many times, and people have their own opinion, but most of them say it like the fact that new LP is suck and nobody should listen to them.

I'm sorry that I was overreacting.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  4. Sonic

:lol:

5. wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

SO i passed my first night with ATS and i keep saying: this album is amazing is all i wanted from a LP record (well not all it left me wanting more and more)
    but i realized something this new sound is very very post-modern not completly futuristic i mean this album sounds like Linkin Park 2022.

6. Li

Li Well-Known Member

Well said. There's been one too many posts of "OMG YOU DON'T LIKE THEE ALBUM? OPENS YOUR MINDS!"

7. mrhahn98

mrhahn98 Member

You didnt?

8. Henry

Don't you see I wrote "most of them".
    Did I write "everyone"?

Look out for the word.

And why I cannot say my opinion then? Maybe it was to harsh to be an opinion.

9. bojkic

bojkic Member

mmmmm... cookies :D

10. laidlaw2010

laidlaw2010 Member

If there was ever an award for "musician of the year" Shinoda would probably win it year in year out.

Btw i think chesters best performance in LP thus far has been on Blackout. Seriously incredible delivery.

11. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

This is NO joking matter. Do you remember the last time someone gave away his cookies?
    [​IMG]

12. Sonic

I love this site. :lol:

13. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

[youtube]lwvXrkCvN80[/youtube]

14. SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Album as a whole is experience like no other Linkin Park album before. I loved/enjoyed mostly everything about this album aside from "When They Come For Me". There is alot of beauty with what that band has put together here. This CAN NOT be labeled. I wouldn't even call it a rock album honestly. I would call it for what it is and that is a masterpiece. Linkin Park had my heart at Meteora. They got the attention of my 10 year old self. When MTM came out I was 14. The album disappointed me not because it was different but because it bored me. I couldn't attach myself to anything on that album really aside from a track or two. Now ATS is out I'm 16 going on 17. My musical taste currently is NO WHERE NEAR this album. I listen to metalcore/post hardcore stuff. Yet the band has yet again got to me. They made something that has yet again blown my mind away. They reminded me why they were the band that got my heart at 10, They have reminded me why I love music. Beautiful album guys. Meteora will always be my favorite album because what it means to me personally but by God this comes close

1) Meteora
    2) A Thousand Suns
    3) Hybrid Theory
    4) Reanimation
    5) Everything else
    6) MTM

15. Sonic

Damn Jacob, you're really hatin' on When They Come for Me. About the only person, too.

16. SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Yeah I know. I just don't like it. It doesn't do anything for me. I found the beat really annoying and that chorus(or whatever the AHHS are) drives me nuts. I can't take it. after every re-listen about half way through I've had enough of it. Has taken the place of In Between for least favorite LP song ever

17. mrhahn98

mrhahn98 Member

I've read your post carefully before posting. So most Vietnamese hate ATS ? most of them are close-minded people ? how did you know ? yeuamnhac.com ? i am amused because you said so.

Oh, and you can say your opinion of course, you should, but saying that most vnmese dont like ATS, and people who doesnt love ATS are closed-minded, that's BM right there.

18. Henry

Don't you know "most of" doesn't mean "every-single-life"?
    Just look for Gamevn, Truongton <= look at them lol. And maybe at nhachot and anywhere. You'll see.

And I think you are proton or promist?

Ok, I'll take back "close minded" thingy.

19. mrhahn98

mrhahn98 Member

I hope you take your time and read my post again. By "most of" in your posts, you're referring to a very small amount of people you see on those forums that hate ATS. A very small portion of your own country. You said that MOST vietnamese hate ATS right ? prove it.

You sir. In my opinion. Are very close-minded

Btw what's that last line about ?

20. Hrvman

Hrvman Well-Known Member

Hello everyone

I'm new here but I read the forum since a few weeks waiting for ATS

It leaked yesterday, I will get the album next week but I couldn't wait for monday, I decided to live the experience the way Mike told us, I listened the album from start to end, alone, in the dark, and it was a really weird journey.

I'm an LP fan since 2002 loving HT, Reanimation and Meteora, M2M was good too but I miss the HT and Meteora style.

Here is my opinion about the album :

1 - Requiem : good intro, I love the woman voice. 7/10
    2 - The Radiance : a second intro ? wtf, pointless 0/10
    3 - A good soft song, but I don't think I will listen to it as much : 6/10
    4 - Empty Spaces : a third intro ? LOL pointless 0/10
    5 - When They Come for Me : wow, I've never heard such a bad thing from LP, I absolutely hate oriental/arabic songs, the " modafokaaa " is awful to hear, the " aaaaaah " is horrible, I liked only the part when Chester sings " when they come for me " but this track really deserves a 2/10 (only for Chester's part)
    6 - Robot Boy : wow, that was the biggest moment during my ATS experience, this song is pure gold, pure art, the best ATS track, and one of the most beautiful song from LP, I give it a 9/10 only because there are no chorus and the songs looks always the same for 4min30
    7 - Jornada Del Muerto : pointless if you ask me, 1/10 ?
    8 - Waiting for the End : really good rap from Mike, funny style, fun song, I love the way Chester sings, it looks like some old 50's song but a really piece of art, I like it, 9/10
    9 - Blackout : Chester's rapping is awful, it's a pain to hear, I only love the chorus, but again, this song has no power on me, but the end is really good : 5/10
    10 - Wretches and Kings : wow, powerful, fun, GREAT ! 8/10
    11 - that's not even a song, 2/10 only because the effects and the robotic voice are good
    12 - Iridescent : a good 7/10, it looks like " little things give you away ", not great but nice to listen.
    13 - Fallout : 3/10, pointless
    14 - The Catalyst : 9/10, the rythm is good and the end is EPIC, I'm a little bit disapointed that this songs is finally one of the best of ATS, I was expecting it would be the worse track ... whatever ...
    15 - The Messenger : good song, not perfect, but Chester's painful voice is new to me, I love it, 8/10

So finally, we end up with an album where I found the best from LP (Robot Boy) and the worse (all the tracks under 7/10)

Disapointed, I will buy the album because the good songs are really good, but it's clearly their worse album so far, I don't even imagine.

1- Hybrid Theory/Meteora (can't say wich one is the best)
    2- M2M
    3- Reanimation
    4- ATS
    5- Collision Course

Oh, and please, don't tell me that I'm not open minded, that I'm stuck with the 2003's LP, I love many styles and many songs, but you will never convince me that When they come for me is a good song ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.