Stream The Entire "Meeting Of A Thousand Suns" Documentary Online Now!

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Sep 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Yeah noticed that too!

Too short, too much effects.

2. J-Flex

J-Flex Ambient

My mac doesn't play the orginal ATS dvd and Hulu doesn't allow viewers from my country, Great!

3. Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Try out youtube, someone put it up few hours ago, in parts.

4. Li

Li Well-Known Member

While I understand that record companies want bands to create radio-friendly singles, what's forcing the band to have to comply to them? Is that the case for most contracts that bands sign up for with record companies?

Also interesting to hear that What I've Done was a victim of the "WE WANT RADIO-FRIENDLY SINGLE" disease? I guess it makes sense since I believe the liner notes of that song mentioned something about it being the last song created for the Minutes to Midnight album. Plus, they tried to cover it up by saying like the song was a "bridge" between the old stuff and the new stuff (at the time).

5. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Since I didn't read through this thread, Iono if anyone had this in mind, but Chester's speech going into Wretches and Kings is a dope "fuck you" to Warner. Labels today are like fucking machines and artists aren't free anymore. I'm glad LP are around to actually do an album like this. It's pretty damn inspiring.

6. PT37

PT37 Well-Known Member

Why do I get the feeling that A Thousand Suns is gonna be the last Linkin Park album and the band is breaking up?

7. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

See I don't understand, why does everyone hate Meteora so much? Was Easier to Run really such a bad song (my favorite LP song period, BTW)?

George Harrison.

8. Li

Li Well-Known Member

I can't speak for all, but much of it has to do with the lack of originality in Meteora. Many of the same vocal patterns are reused from Hybrid Theory (Easier to Run <-> Crawling, Somewhere I Belong <-> In the End, etc) and the song structures were the basic verse/chorus/verse/chorus/bridge/chorus. Also, some people felt the record was overproduced. For me, Mike's voice sounded almost robotic and a lot of the instruments sounded flat. It's like they tried to make the songs sound so perfect and clean that it loses some of the energy.

But in the end, opinions are opinions. Just listen to whatever music that floats your boat/makes you dance/head bang/whatever.

9. AndydLP

AndydLP Well-Known Member

WOW, people are really over reacting to the whole break-up thing. I think if this was even the slightest bit true we (the fans) would have heard about it and discussed it to death!

IMO, Linkin Park should fucking own WBR. Warner should be eternally grateful for having LP signed to their label. In terms of quality, fan appeal, longevity and the all important $$$, Linkin Park are a sure thing compared to some of the other high profile artists signed to WBR - samples below.

Alanis Morrisette
    Avenged Sevenfold
    Cher
    Enya
    Eric Clapton
    Green Day
    HIM
    Josh Groban
    Metallica
    Madonna
    RHCP
    REM

As for the doc itself....too short, glitches over-used and unnecessary but decent watch overall.

I seriously don't get why they use the whole glitch thing in the doc & LPTV! Apart from the "interludes" and middle of Blackout, the whole glitch thing doesn't match up with the sound of the album as a whole.

10. ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

Worst Making Of I think I've ever seen. Way too short, and it didn't really talk about the making of process at all. Just random clips of the guys in the studio with terrible effects.

I'm starting to regret buying my super deluxe edition...Almost all of the perks, besides the vinyls, are available to everyone it seems.

11. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Easier to Run is actually the only song on Meteora I like. :lol:

12. Meryl_

Meryl_ Well-Known Member

This would have been available if they would do it themselves or not. I will not buy the deluxe edition for exclusives, this doesn't exist anymore with torrent and such, i'll buy it to add it to my collection

13. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

The effects on this Making Of are so damn annoying! I can't make out a lot of the stuff the guys are saying because of that glitchy static sound. argh.

does anyone know what The Catalyst's working title was?

14. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I'd imagine in terms of quality, fan appeal, longevity, and money, Red Hot Chili Peppers is at least even, if not bigger than Linkin Park.

15. Cinemamonster

Cinemamonster Are you watching closely?

It was more about emotions they've gone through the making process and not like "When we were writing "Bla-bla-bla", we were influenced by etc-etc-etc and went through (put a number here) demos".

And yeah, glitch things by the end of the documentary become really annoying.
    But I like this doc anyway.

EDIT: Agree with Minus on RHCP.

16. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

We need a thread dedicated to Rick Rubin's beard.

17. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

No. That's not what he was saying at all. He was saying that all of them worrying about deadlines and all that political shit is what was making all the "noise". It was figurative. He was saying that they were on a roll creatively, and then Warner Bros. kept stepping in to make sure they were going to have radio friendly singles and have the record done on time. This was destroying the awesome work environment they had. Chester would rather shoot himself in the face than make more simplistic music like Meteora and Hybrid Theory.

18. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Warner wants to divide them to reign their way to do music, but LP stayed stronger, and these:

-own ATS introduction letter;
    -posting songs on Myspace;
    -incoherence of The Catalyst contest between band and label;
    -making of;

Just a few signs of what was going on. LP said FUCK YOU to label and bothering "fans" with this album. Period.

EDIT: Here in italy the dvd will be out of catalog since the first ordered (and reducted) copies will be sold.. does this happen everywhere meaning Warner doesn't like it maybe (lol), or is it just Italy?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  19. El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

They're a lot bigger in every way. I seriously don't know how someone can compare them to Linkin Park

20. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Considering they've been around 16 years longer than LP. I think record sales are probably pretty close, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.