Linkin Park: MTV VMA Performance Tonight

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

This song isn't supposed to showcase Chester's incredible vocal ability. That's why they use effects with it in the song. It's supposed to give it another feel that goes well with the song, and it does. I don't think the sound crew was on their game tonight, though. Mike's and Chester's vocal effects sounded pretty weird and Chester could barely be heard during the bridge when he lets loose. But other than that, everything was amazing. The light show reminded me a lot of a NIN concert. So did having other people sing other than the lead singer. Seeing Joe sing made my boner explode.

2. iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

I find it funny for some reason that Diddy loves The Catalyst so much. He is reppin the LP

3. hybrid1988

hybrid1988 Fever Daydream

The performance was fun!! They also played Bleed It Out and New Divide on a whim. Everyone wanted to here Crawling but Mike said he didn't have his guitar with him so they couldn't play it. He started to play Wretches and Kings and said "can't play that either". He also started playing th ebeat to When They Come For Me and he said "Not that one either." All in all it was a fun show!

4. Kaleda519

Kaleda519 Well-Known Member

I managed to catch it before it got pulled on youtube before! Honestly, I think it's unfair all the videos get pulled cos I'm not in the US :( Anyway. Amazing, I think the guys did a great job singing together too. Joe looked so cool singing along :D Thought Chester and Mike sounded great, Rob was great with the drumming too! Aesthetically it was really cool with all the lights and everything.

5. Frunk

Frunk Member

I hate to be the dickwad here, but I didn't like a few things. First, MTV has shite mixers. The synth was 20x louder than the vocals, making chester sound like that idiot gigascythe on youtube. Next, Mike's first vocals (the first verse) sounded a bit strange. He sounded a bit forced, instead of frantic like the song is. Also, Mike's vocals in Chester's harmonies in the end were a bit off...

Mike's Lift me up/Let me go was an eargasm however.

Mike has come a LONG way vocally, and with just a little bit of improvement, it could've been even better.

6. Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

gigascythe is not an idiot, be respect.

7. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Not cool.

8. ana

ana anaPHX LPA VIP

Cant wait to see it in HD tonight. Can somebody tell me when the performance was? (sort of 1hr after the show started etc.) Because I dont wanna see some justine or whatever perform...Id rather do something else :D

9. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Towards the end of the 2nd hour.

10. LinkinParkForever275

LinkinParkForever275 Linkin Park is my religion!

Nice performance :)

11. ana

ana anaPHX LPA VIP

thank you!

12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

When you see Emma Stone come out with her Easy A co-star, that's their introduction. Just a heads up.

13. skyzlmt

skyzlmt Well-Known Member

I got a ton of pics and video of BIO/TC. The video is pretty good, audio like I said last night was terrible. My camera was taken by the head of security minus the SD card... TEHE

I'll put them up when I get home from work.

Couple of shots if you have a FB
    http://www.facebook.com/editalbum.php?aid=...100000499825956

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  14. Frunk

Frunk Member

i cannot stand him. that scrawny child can't sing at all!

15. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Gigascythe stops in here every now and then and wouldn't appreciate your comments so please, if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all or better construct your criticism. Anymore of that kind of talk and you'll get a warning.

16. travz21

Frunk, I politely ask you to shut the fuck up.

17. Luke

And for that you're getting an infraction. You can't just go around disrespecting people like that on the forums. Regardless of whether you think Frunk merited what you said, two wrongs don't make a right and what you said is against the rules. Please be more careful in future.

18. travz21

You guys have weird infractions around here. I figured you'd infract people that actually did something wrong. That was probably one of the least disrespectful things said on this forum in the last week. I didn't insult, mock, or make fun of the man. Do you know what disrespect is? It's what he and a lot of people around here do when they state opinions.

19. Luke

Look, there's no point arguing about it. Frunk expressed an opinion, albeit in a negative manner. I didn't give him an infraction because, while Gigascythe does stop in here every now and then, he's a figurehead in the LP community and will always be subject to criticism. That's what happens when you're in the public eye. That said, Frunk could have expressed his criticism in a more constructive manner which is why I've told him anymore of that sort of bashing will get him a warning. What you said was a direct attack on another member here which is why you got the infraction. You retaliated negatively and thus got an infraction. You can't justify telling someone to "shut the fuck up" just because they were criticising someone you admire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.