Stream The Entire "Meeting Of A Thousand Suns" Documentary Online Now!

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Sep 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

1. The band is the non-shape black thingy, WB is the white background => this look like the band is trying to get out of WB and shape themselves.
    2,4. The man in The Catalyst artwork maybe a dude from WB, this means "I locked ya up, Shut up when we're working"

Just some stupid thinking.....

2. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

Fuck that Medal of Honor shit.

3. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Oh. My. GOD. I've been away from my DT forums for too long if I never heard about that.

WHAT THE HELL!!?!??!?!??!?

4. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

5. Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

Cradle of Linkin Park, can you post a link to that Kerrang article you were referring to, where you said that Chester was kept away from the band post-Meteora?

6. esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Is this up streaming anywhere in Canada?

7. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

Nope. But someone posted a link to the documentary on YouTube on the previous page of this thread.

8. Meryl_

Meryl_ Well-Known Member

9. Spiderguy252

10. Meryl_

Meryl_ Well-Known Member

You're welcome. And yes, the band did a great job "hiding" those situations to us. So like people said, we saw all the stress and tension during the doc because they wanted us to see that.

I think, and yes my opinion is biased, that LP lost some of their ethic and respect with MTM. I think they wanted to show that it wasn't the case anymore.

11. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

What do you mean they lost their ethic? I'm not contesting the claim, just asking for clarification.

12. Meryl_

Meryl_ Well-Known Member

Because I feel like that they did this album to please radios and everybody that would listen to that album. It was generic, no risks were taken. They did it to sell and gain popularity, it was an easy listening album that would open them doors in radio airplays. That's why I think they lost their ethic. MTM was the album that made Linkin Park a band that would be listened by 50 years old as well as 10 years old. That wasn't the case with HT and Meteora. It felt like LP turned into U2 and beside maybe No more sorrow and Bleed it out, the songs could have been made by anybody. Not everybody will like ATS, and beside Brad's attempt to make a radio friendly album, they all agreed to stand for themselves and do something more creative.

13. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Are you claiming MTM, not Meteora, was the record that didn't take any risks? Or am I somehow reading over something?

And if I felt like I was a talented artist, I'd want to make something that would reach as many people as possible. Kind of showing off my skills. But I'm also going to want to make something I really like. I think that's what LP did with MTM. They were widening their fan base as much as possible while still making something they felt good about. And for ATS, I'm guessing they felt comfortable trying even crazier things and trying to reach even more people. Being more creative to try and reach more listeners is not selling out. You were making it sound like they were selling out. But I hope I'm a little too buzzed and misunderstood what you were saying.

14. Meryl_

Meryl_ Well-Known Member

You hope you misunderstood? are you serious? You know you don't get to have the truth right?

Meteora was safe because it's public was already defined. But the sound was, for being from LP expectable, but as a wider sound range of the music there was at that time not in comformity with the masses.

About MTM, I'll just quote Mike: I'm not on some what i've done shit... He said that when talking about sounds he was making for the new album. You say they felt good about MTM? Why just approving the fact that it was clearly done to please the masses first and themselves after that. No they didn't say that in 2007 but from all the interviews they gave this year, it was clearly the case.

That argument is true with ATS. False with MTM. MTM wasn't creative. It was boring, underwhelming, not creative, predictable, and done to please my 80 years old grandmother. But like I said, I'm biaised, I hated MTM.

15. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

The last 6 songs on MTM included stuff they've never done before. Even Shadow Of The Day was something creative for them. And The Little Things Give You Away was absolutely the most innovative song they've made up to that point. I'm not in love with MTM, nor listen to it much at all, but it is great step forward after Meteora.

And Meteora being safe had nothing to do with the public's expectations. It had to do with Linkin Park doing exactly the same thing as Hybrid Theory, but not as well. That's how you play something safe.

16. jkrawcke224

jkrawcke224 Well-Known Member

Well, yes, What I've Done was made to please the masses - Simply because Warner told them to make a radio friendly single. Do you think it was a coincidence that they ended up writing that song within just TWO days? No. It was because Warner wanted them to make a single that was going to be played over and over on mainstream radio, so Warner could get money. That's why Mike was saying "I'm not making What I've Done shit". He wasn't going to make a purposely 'radio-friendly' single for no one.

17. PirateMuffinDaniel

PirateMuffinDaniel Active Member

Without anyone spoiling anything for me, Would you guys recommend that I listen to the ATS album or the ATS documentary first?

18. Spiderguy252

My opinion- go for the album first.

19. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Same. I went; Album, doc, then album again.

20. Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Everytime I hear any of the other guys, mostly Joe, sings.....I want to grab their leg and just swoon! *chuckles* They are Linkin Park!!

I saw a moment when I noticed a black bracelet that Chester wore. It's had Draven's name on it and I went awwww! That was so cute, Daddy Chaz!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.