Projected A Thousand Suns Sales

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hybrid_theory_110

Hybrid_theory_110 Member

i know how to spell "but".it's just my own style of writing in short.got it??

2. Xodus112

Xodus112 Well-Known Member

I thought the album would sell about 400,00 in its first week but potentially selling 260,000 isn't bad. Considering Katy Perry, who is as mainstream as it gets, didn't sell as much her first week. Really, the only people who have sold a lot this year are Eminem (the highest selling artist of the last decade) and Drake (the most hyped rapper to debut since 50 Cent in 2003). Rap music is king these days and those are two of the biggest names in the music. Even with LP possibly being the most popular rock band in the world it's hard to compete with that.

3. AndydLP

AndydLP Well-Known Member

Writing in short is fine sometimes but guess i'm just not hip to your style.

I mean, i understand short spellings such as 4 = for, ur = your, gr8 = great but to me b8 = bait!

Don't mean to be picking on you but its a peev of mine, sorry.

4. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

How did you get b8 from but?

5. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Seriously. b8= bait. "aye" does not sound like "uh"

6. Hybrid_theory_110

Hybrid_theory_110 Member

yeah i agree.i get ur point.no need to say sorry.b8 sounds more like bait than but.i should thank u 4 that. :)

7. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

there is actually a rule against that . . . . .

8. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Let's see how many 3 letter words we can shorten to 2 characters and make them unrecognizable from their original meaning. Wait, how does that save anyone's time at all?

9. Gman2887

Gman2887 Well-Known Member

Have you been reading the thread at all? These are not excuses, these are legitimate concerns for the music industry. The fact is sales for CDs go down each year. If these projected sales are accurate, then what ATS is selling is actually a comparatively strong estimate when you consider the decline of sales per year. Need I remind you, Disturbed's new album was #1 and I don't think it even broke 200k it's first week. Sure, that seems weak, but these days that's some of the best the RIAA's minions can do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.