A Thousand Suns UK, German & Australia Chart Placements

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Wasop

Wasop Active Member

The Script are not that popular, and definitely not on the same level as Linkin Park here, so I'm really shocked that LP haven't got the number one spot. The only way this can be considered a good thing is if the album has sold well regardless.

MTM and Meteora went to number one with relative ease, beating some big names if I recall correctly (don't remember who) and whilst HT didn't reach number 1, it was obviously a massive success and didn't reach number 1 because it was a slow burner.

Disappointing.

Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

It might also have to do with the fact that The Script's single reached #4 in the UK and Linkin Park's reached #40.

Wasop

Wasop Active Member

Linkin Parks single's haven't done well since the HT days, so I don't think basing the success of a single is a reason for the album position. But, higher single does generally mean higher album, obviously.

Wasop

Wasop Active Member

Also, I know this is way off topic (I can't find the appropriate topics anywhere on here, and to be honest I can't be arsed looking now because navigation on here is utterly terrible) but have the LP supports been announced for the UK tour? Can't find anything online either.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

...You don't know who U2 are? Or where/what Ireland is?

Excuse me but have you been living under a rock? :lol:.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

LOL, errr, it's a pretty standard forum layout... nothing too complicated. Also, no, nothing has been announced for the UK tour yet.

Wasop

Wasop Active Member

It's not really! The forum select bar at the bottom doesn't give you an option to refresh the one you're currently using, and doesn't give a full list of all available forums, the only way I would find a way back to News was to scroll to the top! Plus there are way too many sub forums. Still, it's way better than the new LPMB, jesus that's bad.

Thanks anyways!

No heavy rumours or anything?

EDIT// Typical, as soon as I post that I see the quick navigation option LOL.

Joe

Naaa, there's nothing even been rumoured really for the UK shows. I wouldn't hold your breath though, they're never really decent, haha.

Wasop

Wasop Active Member

What! In 2008 we had Biffy Clyro and they're quality, and in 2005 we had a pre shit Lostprophets. My friends band actually opened that show, Kinesis. Ahh memories. Although before that it was shocking, think in 2001 we got Puddle Of Mud and Taproot.

Joe

Hahaha, fuckinell, Kinesis. That brings back memories, and yeah the pre-shit Lostprophets is probably the best we've had. Not much of a fan of BC myself so couldn't really get into that, haha.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

*Edit* Nevermind :p.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

They've had two number 1 albums in three years, not to mention their most recent single that charted much higher than The Catalyst has so far, You could be right about them being on different levels though, after all they've just outsold them on two fronts. :p I think number 2 is hardly an abject failure in most contexts anyway.

I think Dave said something about the supports being Kids In Glass Houses and Boys Like Girls. Personally I wouldn't mind the first, the latter... not so much. They could probably do better.

Stormwalker

Stormwalker Member

@LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

The Script took #2 in Australia. See, it's pretty even... I think I'm going to do a mash-up of The Script/Linkin Park in honor of these charts. On second thought... no.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
    thomas003

thomas003 Well-Known Member

ATS entered on #4 in Belgium.

rusa162

rusa162 Well-Known Member

Gratz To LP!

AndydLP

AndydLP Well-Known Member

HA...Thanks :)

Similarly connected, ATS entered at No.3 on the Irish charts! Not bad.
    Wanna guess who's No.1???? :p

Wasop

Wasop Active Member

There is no way in hell The Script are nearly as popular yet as LP are, despite the chart success. I'd imagine most of their fan base is made up of casual music fans. It really is surprising that they beat LP to top. Like I said, number 2 is a failure depending on the amount sold. LP comfortably got to number 1 with their last two albums, and with the amount of promotion they've had with this album I didn't think twice that this album wouldn't be number one.

I'm not sure it reflects on their popularity however, as they've managed to pretty much sell out a run of arena shows without so much as a single, something they've never done before - this could mean that they're as popular now as they have ever been. The album charting number 2 could be down to most people downloading it illegally, wheres 5 years ago these people who have gone out and bought the album. Casual music fans tend to buy albums because they won't be bothered about a leak of an album, they're more likely to buy the album in passing whilst at Tesco or something.

I highly doubt its Boys Like Girls. KIGH I would say isn't likely either. Out of all the up and coming UK rock bands, I'd say The Blackout and Young Guns are likely. However I hope it isn't. Could probably get guestlist if it's Young Guns though so that would be cool.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Hey Wasop - Are you Chris from the old LPMB message board? Username was 36Crazyfists I think?

Kaleda519

Kaleda519 Well-Known Member

This is true. The Script ARE big, their song is playing on the radio constantly (I have to listen to the radio at work for 8 hours), on various stations. It's only really Radio 1 that has played The Catalyst. Their songs are also all over popular tv shows and stuff. Considering the fact that their debut album went to number one and stayed in the charts for weeks and weeks does make them a relatively big band. However, yes LP are the bigger band in global terms, sales terms and in name. Having said that as soon as I heard The Script were releasing the same week I did have doubts about ATS being number one. From what I heard from the midweek charts there was only 4000-ish album sales between them so it's safe to say it was pretty close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.